SlDataText replacement

Is there a similar addon as SLdatatext? it's outdated and I have a feeling its causing me to DC on rags in phase 2.

I use MSBT (MikScrollingBattleText) and it works fine here. Just make sure to download the most recent revision and you should be good to go for now. EDIT: Nevermind I'm retarded...
    Last edited by Bareno; 2011-07-01 at 09:02 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    MSBT and SLDT aren't related at all.

I use a Broker display with plugins for the objects I want to see in my display... Fortress, and a collection of different Broker plugins.

Deleted
    i recommend you to use statblock_core and the plugins for it. great addon, never had any problems

i am still using SLDT and i havent had any issues with Dcing or anything i am on one crappy computer but i think there might be a few out there i cant remember the names off the top of my head but i would try wowinterface.com and see if you can find anything there

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    By "Broker Display", I meant any addon that uses LDB/Broker plugins - I use Fortress, which is nearly identical to StatBlockCore (both of them being lego-block based broker displays). Other common ones are Bazooka, NinjaPanel, ChocolateBar... :-)

SLDT hasn't been updated for a while by the author, and the "fan update" for it seems to have a nasty memory leak, so I've been starting to look for a replacement as well. Thanks for the suggestions on broker plugins, it looks like it's time to go looking again.

thanks for the recommendations, i'ma check em all out today and report back.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
    MSBT and SLDT aren't related at all.
    Ah woops, sorry! I used to use SLDT, but for some reason I thought it was a scrolling battle text addon. Thinking back to it, its not like that at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Bareno View Post
    Ah woops, sorry! I used to use SLDT, but for some reason I thought it was a scrolling battle text addon. Thinking back to it, its not like that at all...
    if it makes you feel better you reminded me to update Mik's