Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    ok, so figure a whole guild is the type to not look everything up online before doing a raid or a quest. how are the supposed to know that this quest item is going to be blue. sure they can research these things before going about it, but is there something in game telling you to beware of this? when it comes to business if you are not properly notifying your consumers of the risks taken in your actions then it is up to the business to repair or replace or exchange the effected item. it should either be mentioned in the quest or have a warning when looting them item stating that it will not be tradable. is the item BoP? if so shouldn't it give you the warning stating that the item will be bound to you with out the ability to trade it after looting it. if it is BoP and the person who looted it just recklessly clicks "ok" without checking what he is agreeing to then it is the fault of the consumer, who at that point was well notified of the results of his actions.

none of this is meant to sound snarky of anything, just relevent questions. think of these things, these questions should help you find the answer you are looking for as to who's fault is it in the end.

Deleted
    shouldn't your druid have recieved a 'looting will make soulbound' box when he looted these items as thats what they become?
    also jsut make it so that your 'not able to weild staff officer' is the lootmaster for this tier. then he can't loot them as he is the wrong class. we use a hunter.

First, it's purple now. Second, if your guild is going for the legendary, and you are on that quest, it shouldn't be handed to you. It is a legendary, it's not just some green quest item anyone can get. Heaven forbid someone has to try and find any information on the proper steps to take to ensure the correct person gets the loot. It was posted many places before 4.2 came out that the embers had to be master looted, however, the blue quality loot thing was a bit crappy. We're a casual guild and slowly progressing through normals, but you can bet your ass anyone in line for that legendary is finding out as much info as they can on it, and making sure everything gets allocated correctly. Our raid leaders super awesome and always makes sure to set ML, but he's still asked if its set before we do our first pull of the night. It's a legendary and those who want it have personal responsibility to find out as much as they can on it and do their best to avoid human error. Our guild wasn't 100% sure on the quality they were the first night, so we set ML as low as it would go, it seemed appropriate.

If it wasn't for sites like MMO-C and Wowhead, people would know very little on how to complete the quest to put the fragments together to get the portal open. The quest doesn't tell you how to do it, nor does it say that it can be done without actual boss kills so after the branch is recovered and the cinder quest is started, that they can be collected in the same lockout. It's a legendary, no one should need their hand held by Blizzard in acquiring it, and if they have to be spoon fed while not taking proper measures to get their items, do they really deserve it?

It's a quick fix for blizz, I agree, and since it was an honest mistake they should fix this.
    HOWEVER, If your master looter is playing with Auto-loot on, like "pick up everything"... He deserves to get some shit for this.
    Anyone who has that turned on, Turn it off, Now.

People still use master looter with their own guildies? Wow... Rolling need works fine for us, 25/25 as of last Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by zackkaufen View Post
    What 'colour' is Eternal Ember?

I mean, green, blue, epic..?

Does this mean ML has to have the threshold set to lowest?
    As far as I know, they've been made Epic?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry View Post
    As far as I know, they've been made Epic?
    They have. But if you look at the dates the first 1/2 of this thread was from about 3 weeks ago when this was not the case.

One of my guildies had 24/25 embers for her quest, and the boss dropped 3. I was next in line for the quest and we were unable to split the ember stacks, so the embers were given to my guildy. She now had 2 extra embers and is unable to trade them to me.

After making several tickets (and so has she) we pretty much gave up. One of the responses from a gm is "We wanted to make acquiring the legendary difficult. Not being able to split the stacks or trade them is working as intended."

Working as intended, thanks blizzard... bs excuse for their oversight

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    As there was a MasterLooter,Blizzard will not be willing to interfere.
    Sorry, but you will have to try another time.
    That's absolutely untrue, that is not an official policy whatsoever. Looting errors can routinely be fixed by ticketing. In fact, the ability to trade BoP gear within 2 hours within the raid was instituted to reduce the number of tickets regarding looting error.

---------- Post added 2011-07-25 at 12:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness81 View Post
    Its the GMs fault that you gave it to the wrong person? How terrible of them to mess with you like that.
    No, but it's the GM's fault not to provide a basic customer service that has been considered acceptable to ticket for the entire lifetime of this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    No, but it's the GM's fault not to provide a basic customer service that has been considered acceptable to ticket for the entire lifetime of this game.
    Its not their fault to go along with policy and based on the number of threads here on MMO and the official WoW forums its pretty evident that when it comes to eternal embers they will not be making any adjustments. Sure, that sucks but you raging at the GM for not doing what you want is just immature. The ultimate responsibility for the mistake lies with you, not with them for being unable/unwilling to correct your error.

theres just tooooo much room for scams in order for blizzard to take the risk and trust your story!

just look at all the stories humanity has made up until now... theres billions of different kinds of stories and some of them even started religions that lastet over a thousand years!

so making up some bull**** in order to receive an hihgly wanted item is very likely(even if the likelyness is only 1% or so), they cant allow players to get those embers throu other means other than looting it directly from the corpse, or else there would be at least a few stories about people successfully scamming blizzard about embers and getting free legendary-quest-components... and THAT would be far worse than simply blocking all the requests.

what moron of a master looter, has auto-loot on? lol

I'm collecting eternals as well and last week we had our ML dc, so an officer masterlooted for 1 boss and looted everything willing to trade me as we were finished.

He sent a ticket and the GM, as usual, couldnt help us. Even tough i was a little pissed i see a point for not trading embers. Say your in a PUG going free for all loot or just have some unkown guy as ML. Theres so much room for bad use of the trading of such an important quest item...i can hardly blame them for not swapping eternals..

As the Eternal Ember can only be looted, or given to a person on the quest “All-Seeing Eye”, and is not intended to be traded between players
    This is the part you seem to have disregarded. The rationality behind the "we aren't moving it" is because they can't/don't want verify when you got the quest.

Same sort of thing happened to our group on our first fragment: had it on need/greed, and a feral druid clicked need not realizing it was the quest item (thought it was the craft item perhaps). Submitted 3 or 4 tickets to get the item transferred and got rejected each time.

Funny thing is the exact same thing happened to us back in Ulduar, someone rolled need when they meant to pass and took an orange shard from the mace builder. Back then the GMs had no problems transferring the shard.

This must be new policy. Who knows why the hell they instituted it, though; seems pretty bad from a customer service point of view.

This is not bad customer service. This is Blizzard doing the smart thing and sticking to their guns with a very strict policy.

While we're sympathetic to people who make dumb mistakes - please remember Blizzard cant always fix them.

Back then the GMs had no problems transferring the shard.
    Did it ever occur to you that the things they did 'back then' are probably WHY they changed the policy now? Too many problems with Shadowmourne/Val'anyr, and open to abuse by too many players.

/thread

The fix that changed the Eternal Embers into epic didn't quite work. They are still sometimes showing up blue quality for people and I have one in my bags because it was epic the raid before and rare the next with out realizing. It seems that it changes whenever it wants for some people no matter how many times we delete our cache/interface/wtf/power cycle router/sacrifice a cat...

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    This is not bad customer service. This is Blizzard doing the smart thing and sticking to their guns with a very strict policy. While we're sympathetic to people who make dumb mistakes - please remember Blizzard cant always fix them.
    Well, since it's been done in the past, then very clearly Blizzard *can* fix these problems. But Blizzard in their infinite wisdom has decided against allowing their GMs to remedy this easy-to-make error, without warning and without explanation. That's bad customer service.

Did it ever occur to you that the things they did 'back then' are probably WHY they changed the policy now? Too many problems with Shadowmourne/Val'anyr, and open to abuse by too many players.
    I don't recall any problems with Shadowmourne or Val'anyr shards, nor abusing/exploiting the process. Can you enlighten us what these problems/abuses were?