Holy/Disc Fires.

What would be the best fire to use as a holy and disc priest? Would Inner Fire be better for Holy? Or what about Inner Fire for Renew and CoH?

10+ Year Old Account
    I pretty much Inner Fire (holy/shadow) most of the time. I don't run into any real mana problems so using Inner Will is only for movement speed.

Wouldn't it make more sense to go with Inner Will for shadow? You do have to cast your Dots which are instant. That would reduce their mana cost.

Quote Originally Posted by noob1232 View Post
    Wouldn't it make more sense to go with Inner Will for shadow? You do have to cast your Dots which are instant. That would reduce their mana cost.

Shadow does not have mana issues with Inner Fire, so Inner Will is only used on extremely heavy movement fights, and even then it's close DPS wise

On Topic: Typically i'd suggest running Inner Fire in both specs, But it is smart to switch between Inner Will and Inner Fire as discipline. (Switch to Inner Will when you need to shield heavily)
    Last edited by hikamiro; 2011-07-01 at 09:37 AM.

First of all, only Shadow Word: Pain and Devouring Plague are instant cast, whereas Vampiric Touch and Mind Flay have a cast time or are channeled. For burst, Inner Will would only affect Shadow Word: Death and not Mind Blast or Mind Spike. Second, you shouldn't be having any mana problems in Shadow. With Shadowfiend, Dispersion, Masochism, and depending on the fight Glyph of Spirit Tap, you shouldn't need to save mana. In addition, the extra spell power you get from Inner Fire easily makes up for the extra mana spent.
    Inner Will is handy if you have to move a lot, since any time spent moving instead of casting is generally a DPS loss, plus if you can't move out of the bad stuff fast enough and die, your DPS falls rather quickly as well. But no, you don't need the mana savings as Shadow.

Even Holy/Disc rarely use Inner Will since there's only a few instant cast spells to get the mana savings out of, whereas the spell power boost from Inner Fire helps with throughput on all our heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiphias View Post
    Even Holy/Disc rarely use Inner Will since there's only a few instant cast spells to get the mana savings out of, whereas the spell power boost from Inner Fire helps with throughput on all our heals.
    Using Inner Will as Disc saves a ton of mana. Wouldn't even consider running w/ Inner Fire unless it's a fight where everyone is stacked up so I'm primarily using PoH instead of PW:S.

Deleted
    I dance between them in both specs, depending what would be more useful, and when I don't have time because somethings gone terribly wrong or a mechanic has half killed everyone I just switch when I have breathing space if I need to, I normally change over just before it happens. Inner Will is nice for things like fabulous flames on V&T but most of the time Inner Fire is better for the spellpower bonus. I don't really have mana issues either so Inner Willing for the odd shield seems unnecessary.

What I have been doing is:

Disc Tank Healing--- Inner Fire all the way
    Disc Raid Healing --- Inner Will, you'll want the mana cost Reduction for pre-damage PWS mitigation
    Holy - Inner Fire, unless its a fight that is forcing you to Renew Spam, then perhaps consider Inner Will depending how your regen is working out for you.