Deleted

Lord ryo... wtf is up with him?

So we had a warrior and a DK on him only

The DK used no diseases and no howling blast, noone else touched them, we didnt aoe the little ones but single target them.

His bar would go to the right side about half way, with both dps on his right leg full and then just suddenly drop down to a quarter again then back to 0

WHILE both dps are attacking his right leg...

We had more luck towards the end by having every DPS switch to him when needed, but it still moved soooo slowly and would randomlly decrease while nothing was touching the left leg

Have 3 DPS constantly on it, but coordinate when to stop so he moves into the volcano. Single tank the fight as well.

Not doing enough damage then.

Deleted
    We do single tank, and I thought it was supposed to be attacks done not damage done?

Deleted
    As I understand it he has a certain amount of inertia that makes him slide towards the middle. You need constant DPS to counter it, it sounds like your DK/War weren't doing enough damage. I'm pretty sure it's damage done.

We had people on legs, 3 full time and 1 occasionally helping on adds. Solo tanked adds.

1.) Dots don't affect the leg moving

2.) His meter resets to 0 on stomp

3.) The meter constantly fights you to get to 0, you need more DPS on the leg

15+ Year Old Account
    The meter decreases closer to 50% (straight walking) in pulses throughout the fight. You can't just hit one leg up to 100% and have it keep going right, you have to continuously keep attacking at that direction to make him continuously turn that direction.
    It was me and a ret pally on the leg(s). We'd both dps one leg if he needed a turn, or we'd each DPS one leg to keep him going straight while we got some DPS on the boss (he won't transition until he's at 25%). If he was getting dangerously close to the edge we'd ask for temporary help on a leg to get him to the full turn percent then the raid could go back to DPSing adds immediately.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matik View Post
    Really? When was this changed, or was it always like this? I could have sworn DoTs affected it on both PTR and live, although our DoT class wasn't even assigned to it so I never got to actually test it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matik View Post

2.) His meter resets to 0 on stomp

3.) The meter constantly fights you to get to 0, you need more DPS on the leg
    1) Dots not effecting the leg isn't something I'm too sure of as we don't normally have dot classes on them, but I'm inclined to believe this is false.

2) The leg does not reset on a stomp. I've tested this on PTR every available time and have not noticed this in any of the heavy PTR testing we've done including our 2 kills on LIVE.

2) What is actually true is the boss does fight you to get to center of the meter the entire encounter. So for instance, if you completely stop DPS the boss will straighten out his path naturally.

The best way typically to do this boss movement is to assign an equal number of melee (direct damage typically) on each leg... about 2-3 each leg depending on your raid group. Then have the remaining melee and possibly 1-2 ranged non-aoe classes (arcane mages) be dedicated to a "swing group". Keeping direct damage on both legs with a swing group dedicated to "steering" the boss with the option in an extreme case to have "left leg" people or "right leg" people help the swing group when a quick turn is necessary.

If your having trouble with any other parts of the fight the video guide(s) on Learntoraid.com should be very helpful especially if you are completely new to the fight.

Here's a link to the Lord Rhyolith video guide:
    http://www.learntoraid.com/2011/06/2...ide-10-normal/