Ragnaros and Expertise.

So last night my guild started on Ragnaros and I was wondering if it's worth reforging for expertise for this fight since I'm getting a lot of parries as assassination.
    Or is there some way to be able to not attack him from the front or would it be better to spec combat for this fight since if it's not possible to attack him from the back I also won't benefit from the backstab excecute phase.

I haven't tried the fight yet nor have I read up on it. But if it's anything like Sinestra you can turn him and reach his back. Not sure how the raid stacks though or how the boss is tanked (If he even is tanked)

Pure, Alliance Turalyon EU 8/8 25 HC

Didn't blizz say something about his back being like 280 degrees or something meaning you can sort of be at his side?

He does have a very large back. My advice would be not to go for the expertise, despite the occasional parry, unless you're comfortable swapping back and forth. I equate it to the situation with Al'akir where expertise *is* valuable for us on the fight, but not valuable enough to bother with in most circumstances. I can't imagine normal rag being a big enough deal to bother with it.

Ye it doesn't seem to be that much of a problem, just annoying sometimes when it screws up the rotation.

TBH, I found Majordomo to be worse, in his scorpion form, than rag was throughout the fight; as has been said, and I will confirm, his back is large enough to hit regardless of where he is tanked.

He has a 280 degree back as far as I know. It's a very big DPS increase to cap Expertise if you spend a reasonable amount of time in parry range. Capping Expertise is generally only a 50-100 DPS loss anyway - hardly noticeable, and that's assuming a stable rotation.

The only thing with combat is that when you pop KS, your flying into the lava, i havent tested it yet due to my GM shall yell at me if i died.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuji View Post
    TBH, I found Majordomo to be worse, in his scorpion form, than rag was throughout the fight
    Cuz running infront of him with feint up at 88 energy (at 5+ stacks) is hard.
    Personally faced him for 1-2 sec each stack max.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogueslol View Post
    The only thing with combat is that when you pop KS, your flying into the lava, i havent tested it yet due to my GM shall yell at me if i died.
    LOL, killing spree :P never go combat there

Roguelol take that signature down it's against the rules I know you like that one :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebonzai! View Post
    I haven't tried the fight yet nor have I read up on it. But if it's anything like Sinestra you can turn him and reach his back. Not sure how the raid stacks though or how the boss is tanked (If he even is tanked)
    Fight mechanics really don't make it posseble for you to get at his back. Your forced to stay in front pretty much all the time.

Sucks when you get dodge/dodge/parry/parry/dodge on your evenom...

Quote Originally Posted by Rogueslol View Post
    Killing Spree is working much better then on the PTR. It pretty much leaves you in the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Fight mechanics really don't make it posseble for you to get at his back. Your forced to stay in front pretty much all the time.

If your tanks turn him a bit off center it's pretty easy to get "behind" the boss.
    T11(25): 13/13H US 11th.
    T12(25): 7/7 HM US 30th.
    We are recruiting for Deathwing!
    Obsidium
    Subslol
    http://www.twitch.tv/subslol

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by subslol View Post
    If your tanks turn him a bit off center it's pretty easy to get "behind" the boss.
    Yeah I got my garrotes and backstabs in place :P

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post

280* back says hello.

Yes make sure its always 280 degrees!

On our kill the tanks tanked him to the right side of the room and the rogues/melee were on the left. The only problem that poses is that you can get knocked off the ledge into the lava which actually happened to both our rogues on one attempt, and then a feral druid and following that a resto druid trying to brez him in the lava. It's definitely possible just be aware of your surroundings.

Are you sure you're within the 280 degrees area? You have to be exact...