Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Top team in Beth'tilac fight RANDOM DC'ING

WTB Hotfix...

Got the strat down but guys on the top team keep DC'ing randomly as they fall through webs / go back up...

We've switched players, restarted wow, disabled addons...nope...

Anyone else having this problem? Couple of people in general chat said this was happening in AC as well.
    Ilam - <Gardian> | Wiping with Benefits - Frostmourne US - armory

Yeah, it was happening to us just now as well. Very frustrating to have a tank, a healer, and a DPS all get DCed as we drop out of the web. That's when it was happening to us every time. Several attempts happened with our tank and a DPS DCing and then it started happening to me as well. We haven't tried the typical addons off and all but I'm certain that's not it because I was running the same addons during wipes yesterday and it was fine.

Same thing has been happening to us. 90% of the time, the slow fall "catch" doesn't work either.

Was happening to us whenever we jump down the middle hole. Seems like the meteor holes don't cause the problem, but for some reason they don't catch you and you can take insane fall damage and die. Edit: there is a 3 page thread on the bug forums on Battle.net but still no Blizzard reply.

One of our players was having a similar problem on Ragnaros, getting disconnected everytime she blew up a trap and was launched into the air.

How does something THIS HUGE AND GLARINGLY OBVIOUS make it out of testing? No one is perfect, of course little glitches will slip by, but this is a game breaker, and you mean to tell me that in all their testing they never once encountered this? Come on.

The fight is near-impossible right now if you hit this glitch. Either you jump through the middle and risk a chain of 3-5 disconnects, or you jump through a side hole and take 30-50% fall damage (which is usually an instagib for your tank if he couldn't be topped off before the jump).

We literally had 5+ people disconnected at any given time on attempts last night.

Recruiting all casters
    9 hours/week

Yeah its pretty irritating. It needs to be fixed asap. We almost had it down last night then 3 dc's

Yep we've just given up on Beth. Got her to phase 2 without DCs - in the bag - more random DCs FML. Not sure how something this obvious makes it through onto live servers.

On to Shannox...
    Ilam - <Gardian> | Wiping with Benefits - Frostmourne US - armory

It sounds like this wasn't a bug on ptr but something new probably caused by fixing another bug. Almost sounds like the halloween bug last year.

Blizzard bug fixes are like a butterfly flaps it's wings in california and you have a cyclone hit japan.

Deleted
    Yeah had this too. Tank, healer and dd dc'ing every time but wasn't hard to kill.

A healer in one of my guild's raid groups had an issue with dcing up top, but I wouldn't say this is the case for everyone. My raid group downed this on Wednesday and I, along with 1 tank and 2 melee, went up and never had an issue with disconnecting. It was a quick two shot for us (I died the first attempt because I didn't realize when I needed to go down =[).

FYI, ANYTHING that makes you fall slowly--including player abilities, parachutes, etc--can make you DC in Firelands. Our Priests were having fun putting Levitate on people to make them DC.

Blizzard is aware of the bug.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...3697110?page=2

There aware of the bug, but you can still finish the boss using the other holes :P

I knew from the moment I first saw Beth'tilac that she would be buggy. The DCs are rather annoying, I rememberthe same thing happening when we were progressing through Al'akir. Pretty huge momentum killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    How does something THIS HUGE AND GLARINGLY OBVIOUS make it out of testing? No one is perfect, of course little glitches will slip by, but this is a game breaker, and you mean to tell me that in all their testing they never once encountered this? Come on.
    I work in IT, and I can answer this for you. Their PTR realms are not LIVE realms. It is a tool they use to test software, but sometimes that software can act differently on different hardware. I'm sure that the PTR servers are not 100% exactly the same hardware as LIVE realms, and thus you can run into problems from time to time. It happens, and I'm sure they are aware of it. I don't imagine that it'll go another week before a fix, so just be patient.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, our web team (Prot Warrior/Holy Paladin/Rogue[me]) had disconnection issues with and without addons. The central hole in the web seems to cause the problem, as we started jumping down through the holes left by the meteors and didn't have an issues (aside from holy paladin fall damage killing him on several attempts because of bad Emberflare tick RNG). I spoke to a GM briefly on the issue and apparently his group didn't have disconnection issues and that the issue wasn't in the QA database currently. It may be connected to the lockout itself, but I'm not totally sure. Yes, the fight is extremely buggy for some groups and bug free for others. One guild on my server stomped the first 3 bosses without issue and other groups got (excuse my language) cockblocked on every fight because of combat DCs and other annoying bugs that put half their raid team out of commission for large portions of the fight.
    Temple of Light-ShadowsongUS
    Get Along Gang-ShadowsongUS (Disbanded)
    ~Alanaria~:::Cyclønite:::Thelek

10+ Year Old Account
    we're having this issue as well. as soon as smoldering devastation is about to go for the first time and our top group jumps down, we're fucked due to disconnects.

pretty much decided that we will be skipping this encounter until there is some sort of hot fix.
    i do not spew profanities. i enunciate them clearly, like a fucking lady.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%A8lh%C3%A8im/

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by helheim View Post
    we're having this issue as well. as soon as smoldering devastation is about to go for the first time and our top group jumps down, we're fucked due to disconnects.

pretty much decided that we will be skipping this encounter until there is some sort of hot fix.
    You can still finish the encounter using the other holes I believe

We killed it the first time we didn't have DCs, which we achieved by having everyone use Meteor holes. She even ate 2 spiders when she got down cause we weren't paying attention, got up to like 95%, and we still killed it.

Use the holes created by the meteors, and you will have no issues