Why Shannox is my new favorite fight

Besides it being slightly different from the typical fight, its especially fun as shadow. The buff to mind blast makes spriests PERFECT to tank Rageface. 1 Mind Spike prior to the mindblast helps me hit for around 60-70k. This is a TON of fun.

Never thought id see the day when an spriest is tank *sniff* so happy

Any other spriests enjoying themselves on this fight? What are you doing on this fight?

Deleted
    rageface doesnt get tanked....
    you should enjoy it because you can multi dot 3 targets

Deleted
    I haven't had the chance, but why just 1 Mind Spike out of curiousity, why not 2 (instant MB) or 3 (+90% crit MB)?

I enjoy how even as a Holy Priest, it makes Greater Heal my top heal that fight, even on 25's...
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Well I only was using 1 because I just wanted th 30k to break Rageface's fixate. And yes Treepunch I am aware of there being no technical tanking of rageface, between his change of fixate and his pounce move.... but I do hold threat on him most the time.

There were times I used a fully 3X charged mind blast and jebus christmas that was awesome. Believe me, when that happens your gonna tank rageface for a few seconds at least.

3xCharged Mind Blast? You do realize that Mind Spike doesn't actually increase the damage of Mind Blast, right?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

he has no aggro table, and you "holding aggro" is just rng he targets you

Quote Originally Posted by Revale View Post
    Well I only was using 1 because I just wanted th 30k to break Rageface's fixate. And yes Treepunch I am aware of there being no technical tanking of rageface, between his change of fixate and his pounce move.... but I do hold threat on him most the time.

There were times I used a fully 3X charged mind blast and jebus christmas that was awesome. Believe me, when that happens your gonna tank rageface for a few seconds at least.
    I'm pretty sure that what Treepunch was pointing out is that Rageface randomly attacks people, so holding threat ('tanking') him is a moot concept.

Deleted
    Spriest tank, Intresting

When we killed Shannox, we just killed Rageface first and didn't bother waiting to DPS the others. It seemed to work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Rageface 'can' be tanked. When he Face Rages someone the person who dumps the 30k/45k hit on him will have aggro until he switches again. This might be a bug however since the threattable still holds the person who got Face Raged on top with 10000k threat.

Spriest are much more useful on Riplimb for the slowing effect from Mindflay, Rageface is a non-issue if you having your group nuking him down he should never get a face rage ability off on anyone person.

Quote Originally Posted by .Nensec View Post
    Rageface 'can' be tanked. When he Face Rages someone the person who dumps the 30k/45k hit on him will have aggro until he switches again. This might be a bug however since the threattable still holds the person who got Face Raged on top with 10000k threat.
    ^this. keep in mind, its not a perma tank situation. I will tank him as highest threat (since I was spending most of the fight on just him alone to be the breakout guy), and then he will swap to fixate, and then reset and boom i take him again. Its intermittent true, but I will hold him when he is off fixate. Btw I am not just talking about his pounce/stun move, but when he randomly swaps targets as well. It doesnt take much to take the threat back.

Besides, this thread was just an opinion thread... stating some fun. This fight is actually a fun one, and my role in it makes me enjoy it all the more. I do however like some of the ideas ya guys put out there

Onyxia 40 was tanked by a priest in vanilla, priests have been tanking for years :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    3xCharged Mind Blast? You do realize that Mind Spike doesn't actually increase the damage of Mind Blast, right?
    Forgive me if I am misunderstanding, but 3X charge does add a %90 crit chance. Its only a %90 chance, buuuuuut I saw some pretty amazing crits last night. I will provide a WoL for it soon, I am at work and our internet doesnt let me do much past forum browsing sometimes.

Sigh, fight is easy on normal 10. Blow up the untankable dog, burn boss to 35%, kill second dog, kill boss. Should be easier on normal 25, due to having more healers to keep the tank topped off.

Both the paladin and I only needed less than 10K hps to keep the tanks up. Really was not that hard.

However, heroic will be different, the come back to life after 30 sec.
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

Whoever breaks the "Face Rage" with a 30k+ hit will get a debuff called "Rage" where you are his focused target. This is amazing for shadow priests because of the 15% damage reduction and that we can Dispersion if things get really crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Existenz99 View Post
    Whoever breaks the "Face Rage" with a 30k+ hit will get a debuff called "Rage" where you are his focused target. This is amazing for shadow priests because of the 15% damage reduction and that we can Dispersion if things get really crazy.
    THANKYOU.... no one else apparently understood that I guess. And I love the random ass people who dont even read what I wrote and respond with

<Insert Adjective> fight is <insert adjective> just <insert my strat> and then <insert boss> becomes <insert kill status> and hey I <insert ego>

Quote Originally Posted by Verth Aeyta View Post
    Spriest are much more useful on Riplimb for the slowing effect from Mindflay, Rageface is a non-issue if you having your group nuking him down he should never get a face rage ability off on anyone person.
    This.

In my group, we had a boomkin and an arcane mage bouncing Rageface back and forth and pulling off plenty of burst to keep him from doing much damage at all from his special ability. If you're an spriest on Rage face, you're losing MF cast time to cast MSp/MB spam, resulting in lower ES uptime, and your slightly weakened DoTs on everything else hit even less.

If you're multidotting all 3 and using MF primarily on Riplimb, you have plenty of orbs proccing from 3 SW: P and you have a slow on Riplimb when he's running between Shannox and the Riplimb tank. The "loss" of damage you get from the MSp and MB spam (including the crit chance) is more than made up for by having the orbs for ES and MB.

We can certainly "tank" Rageface in the manner you suggested, but it can be done by other specs/classes much faster (1 AB compared to at least 2 MSp and 1 MB) and we can do higher DPS by multidotting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Power Torrent, Volcano and Theralion proc'ed, dots just refreshed. Everyone dies. Just a tank and a boss with around 200k hp. Everyone in vt yells "omg we failed omg omg" and you "don't worry amigos, my dots are steamrolling!". Boss dies while you'd say "Enjoy your loots" with a lot of purple awesomness spilling thru your voice. Just happend yesterday.

Seriously, i thought i'd reroll warlock for 4.2, but that was the sign that i'm purple inside and i can't reroll. never.

I as an Arcane Mage had Rageface's aggro most of the time and was able to drag him through traps and stuff using blink. So he is tankable, although not permanently. He basicly target's whoever snapped him out of Face Rage.
    Signature by Tacy :]