Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Question Apparently women hate sexism more than...

So I was in my french class a month or two ago and out teacher was telling us about she was about to go spend the next year teaching english etc in south america and student a says "Wow your husband is really trusting." implying that she was a whore, this gets no response from any of the girls in the class. And then I say what will your husband eat and the girls in the class erupt in anger and call me a monster. So is this normal that women find joke sexism more insulting than being implied they are a whore?
    Ben Kenobi "This isn't the signature you are looking for."

Bad jokes are bad. Guess you learned the hard way.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a good joke... and sexism is good. We are different sexes, there are things women can't do, but there are things men can't do...it's perfectly natural.

I don't think the first student was talking about how she is a whore. You misinterpreted the situation and got burned for it. Morale of the story, don't make those kind of jokes to people if you don't know how they will take it.

Deleted
    Eh, generally people take offense when you tell them sexist jokes about their sex. Women more so than men. Men generally know it is intended as a joke and laugh with it, whilst this is quite the opposite for women. Hell, even if a joke was personally directed at me, I'd shrug it off and laugh with it.

Now this is a generalization, I have a female friend who loves cracking sexist jokes with me
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2011-07-01 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kesolovac View Post
    It was a good joke... and sexism is good. We are different sexes, there are things women can't do, but there are things men can't do...it's perfectly natural.
    That's not what sexism is....

Eh, generally people take offense when you tell them sexist jokes about their sex. Women more so than men. Men generally know it is intended as a joke and laugh with it, whilst this is quite the opposite for women.
    To be fair, men don't have a history of being mistreated because of their sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Kesolovac View Post
    Like what? Besides women giving birth and men not being able to get pregnant.

Other than our reproductive systems, what real difference is there between men and women that limits what either is capable of doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post

Other than our reproductive systems, what real difference is there between men and women that limits what either is capable of doing?
    Statistically there is a muscle mass difference. Mind you that's only at statistical levels not a universal trait.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kinda true... But most women in this generation don't either. It'd be like my taking offense at hearing an Irish joke, because we weren't the most popular immigrants ever when our whole "Famine" thing was going on.

Or my taking offense at a Native American joke, cause I have some in there somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

I enjoy joking with my GF yelling at her to make me a sammich :3 but generally it depends on the women and their upbringing. Some women will laugh along or maybe even through a sexist joke back at you, other's will blow their tops so to speak.

Also this is just my experience but most of the female French teachers i've ever met are pretty strong femenists.... sooo if that's the case u were screwed from the get go :P

Deleted
    To be fair, there are various cases where a male gets harassed by women because of his sex, in the past and today. However, instead of keep digging up the past and be all grumpy about a joke, shrug it off and laugh with it.

It's like I would take offense when my friends make fun of the fact that I'm part Dutch (Living in Belgium, mind you, Belgians, especially the Flemish, like to tell offensive jokes about the Dutch). It is ridiculous to get all up set about a joke, life is too short be offended by those kind of things.
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2011-07-01 at 06:50 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    to be fair, no one cares. Women preach equality but I've never had one pay for my meal, or give me their coat or hell hold a door open for me, let alone pull the chair out for me. Snobbish bitches...

Death improves everyone's reputation...

Quote Originally Posted by MalooTakant View Post
    to be fair, no one cares. Women preach equality but I've never had one pay for my meal, or give me their coat or hell hold a door open for me, let alone pull the chair out for me. Snobbish bitches...
    Oh poor you. I bet making more money for the same work really takes the sting off though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post

This. Also with the first comment its true, when a couple parts over a long distance the temptation may arise for cheating by both parties. Thats just a fact, doesn't mean it'll happen, but I'm assuming thats why no one took offense, it can happen.

The 2nd comment was an insult to both her and her husband. Implying that he's not smart enough to be able to feed himself while she's gone, and that she has to be the one to cook. There are men who cook more and/or better than some women.

If you're not close friends with all these people I wouldn't assume that you all have the same sense of humor, it also makes other men look bad.

Deleted
    Oh poor you. I bet making more money for the same work really takes the sting off though.
    Let's talk about how it isn't fair that I cannot get pregnant!! *sob*

Quote Originally Posted by DrBOrpheus View Post
    This. Also with the first comment its true, when a couple parts over a long distance the temptation may arise for cheating by both parties. Thats just a fact, doesn't mean it'll happen, but I'm assuming thats why no one took offense, it can happen.

The 2nd comment was an insult to both her and her husband. Implying that he's not smart enough to be able to feed himself while she's gone, and that she has to be the one to cook. There are men who cook more and/or better than some women.

If you're not close friends with all these people I wouldn't assume that you all have the same sense of humor, it also makes other men look bad.

My wife can't cook to save her life. I LOVE cooking. Does that mean I stop telling "kitchen" jokes? Nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Definitely wasn't insinuating she was a whore...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy watching my wife laugh at all the butt hurt women out there that make a mountain out of a mole hill. Seriously it's amusing that women who spend more time being offended and annoyed outdone by the women who deal with life and it's atrocities. Love that woman very much I do.

10+ Year Old Account
    i found your joke funny, op, and would have laughed if i was there. The girls in your class are just dumb bitches that don't know what real sexism is
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx
    I suppose Putricide is now known as "Green Spray Farty Gas Man". And i guess Blood Queen Lana'thel is now called "Time of Month Vampire Woman" with attacks such as "Bitey Bitey your friend" and "Fly high and spread fade".