Poll: Why has Rock and Metal been replaced by Rap and Pop?

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nhomizz View Post
    because metal is just ridiculous its just noise, you cant understand a word of their screaming and because goths dont wash themselves they smell like shiat? there are only a few blackmetal bands that are good like slipknot and 30sec. to the mars and dragoonforce
    Either you're trolling, or you are ignorant. None of the bands you mentioned have anything at all to do with black metal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesneed View Post
    The Ashpole?

Quote Originally Posted by ponth View Post
    Either you're trolling, or you are ignorant. None of the bands you mentioned have anything at all to do with black metal.
    He's likely ignorant, where I'm from all metal is labeled "death or black metal", when there's so much of a hint of a guitar. But then, for people who really dislike the genre, why expect of them the differences between the many kinds? I couldn't tell the differences between all the hiphop for shit myself (and I used to listten to rap). That's no reason to be rude about others' music taste though, so much of that in this topic.

I used to listen to just metal when I was in my teens, but I don't know, at some point I felt I'd heard it all and of course, I still enjoy it but I listen to it way less and I've switched to electronical music of various kinds instead. Fun fact is that I used to listen to rap when I was a kid.

But then I have a very broad music taste. That said, you cannot possibly compare metal and rock of today with what it was in the 70s or 80s, I love music from that time, Pink Floyd and all that, but just because music today is no longer as it was back then doesn't make it bad.

Music evolves, so do people, at some point they want something new - both the musicians and the audience. As a personal example, in the course of 20 years I went from rap -> metal/rock -> electronic music.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Except that they have sold more albums then any top 40 artist in the last 20 years. Not to mention they continue to sell out shows after being together for over 40 years. In 40 years, where will any of these mainstream hacks be? Probably pushing a grocery cart down an alley and begging for change because they squandered their money on useless crap.
    Have you actually taken a look at the top selling albums of all time? It's pretty dire.

The Backstreet Boys have sold over 130 million records over the breadth of their discography - you suggesting they're better than virtually 99% of artists out there?

Why does this silly commercial argument of records sold still persist?

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    Metal is the only music worth listening to. Brain dead idiots who think its cool to listen to hip hop and rap and refuse to listen to metal because " metal is full of screaming and cant understand what they say". Bloody stereo typical morons. Hell half the rap music i have heard you cant understand a word they are saying either.

Also todays rock and metal scene over in the UK is terrible. kerrang tv or scuzz are always full teenagers trying to make a quick bit of money whilst sounding like whiney little kids. i believe the media is partly to blaim also. I mean you watch tv and you hear pop music on tv shows or movies. Do you ever hear a bit of Burzum playing on tv? Ofc not. I bet if they rammed metal down peoples throats they would learn to like it.
    I agree, I'm 16 and love metal and hard rock. You'll never catch listening to pop or rap (because I never do).
    Last edited by Nak; 2011-07-11 at 01:39 PM.