Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    Not to mention it took 4 full cores from an AMD to compete with 2 Intel. If this says anything about Bulldozer I don't foresee AMD taking any crown other than Midranged/Lowend as they've always been.
    You do realize that Llano's CPU side is modified K10 tech, right?

Bulldozer itself will be a brand new architecture. The goal with Llano was to integrate a good IGP into the CPU package, hence why they went with the tried and true Phenom architecture to base it on. Why would they risk EVERY new Fusion chip on a brand new architecture? Especially in the sector that makes the most profit for them.

It's a smart move for AMD, they met the goal they were aiming for with Llano, and despite it being 2 generations old CPU tech, it can keep up with the new i3's to an extent, plus has an IGP that absolutely dominates Intel's.
    Last edited by Asera; 2011-07-04 at 02:18 PM.
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    You do realize that Llano's CPU side is modified K10 tech, right?

Bulldozer itself will be a brand new architecture. The goal with Llano was to integrate a good IGP into the CPU package, hence why they went with the tried and true Phenom architecture to base it on. Why would they risk EVERY new Fusion chip on a brand new architecture? Especially in the sector that makes the most profit for them.

It's a smart move for AMD, they met the goal they were aiming for with Llano, and despite it being 2 generations old CPU tech, it can keep up with the new i3's to an extent, plus has an IGP that absolutely dominates Intel's.
    Nope, didn't realize :P

Looks a lot different to me :P They use the same architecture that will also be in Bulldozer called "Stars".
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Ok thanks for the imput guys. It looks like I will also need a new monitor, any suggestions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Win111 View Post
    need a new monitor, any suggestions?
    Oh poop here we go.

/popcorn
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Oh poop here we go.

/popcorn
    I recommend a 37" 120HZ $500 monitor. /nod
    I'm kidding. x3

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    Nope, didn't realize :PLooks a lot different to me :P They use the same architecture that will also be in Bulldozer called "Stars".
    It's pretty common knowledge that the cpu core in the current llano is based on the k10 core.