[Music] Making mix tapes.

Do people still do this? I used to love to do this. Of course, they were actually mix CDs, but they'd still be called a mixtape. But now, with the advent of purely digital medium music, do people still put together mix tapes? One of the important things was the limitation of the format- you had to pick a certain number of songs, but now you could put a million songs on a playlist, so it's not really there. Do people still do this?

10+ Year Old Account
    I do! Although I have all of my music on an 160GB iPod which is full, and overflow on my 32GB iPhone, which is also full, I like to have mix CDs. I have 4 "Seasonal" mixes which have music that I like to associate with times of the year on it. They're great for road trips because you have more of an idea exactly what you're listening to rather than having 20,000+ songs on shuffle. The last one I made was in January, dubbed "Sad Bastard Mix". One of my favorites so far.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't made a cassette tape in probably 13-15 years. I still make CD's for work since we aren't allowed to use Ipods for safety.

Do you guys set a limit on the size of the mix? I still like making mix playlists and I generally try to limit to about 15 songs. That way you stay away from putting in the songs that are "sort of relevant" and concentrate on the core theme you are going for. Limitations are important to creativity!

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, I'm limited to what I can fit on a CD. I usually don't make "theme" mix's, just the songs I'm interested in hearing. Recordable CD's are pennies each so it's not a big deal.