Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Just Cause 2 requires a fairly modern PC so I really don't see the lack of Win XP support as a viable weakness.

Deleted
    Youre all wrong, one simple reason: DirectX 11. It's not available on XP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if you use an 11 year old OS, you probably should read the system requirements, before purchasing any games.
    “The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church”

-Ferdinand Magellan (1480 – 1521)

Quote Originally Posted by Rakeer View Post
    I bought a new computer and upgraded it to XP (yes I consider 7 -> XP an upgrade). But one day we will be forced to let go of our good OS and all its simplicity. My beef with the new ones is that its just pandering to the mindless majority who don't know jack squat about computers and will buy stuff for the little (and mostly annoying) bonuses, instead of a trusted and properly working OS.
    Anyone that knows anything about operating systems is laughing at you (me included). Win7 is FAR more advanced than XP. XP is good if you want your computer to get infected with every virus known to man. Win7 does have quite a few "parade float" features that do nothing but bog your hardware, but so did XP. If you're serious, you'd be running Server 2003, or you could get with the times and run Server 2008...

Quote Originally Posted by frag971 View Post
    Youre all wrong, one simple reason: DirectX 11. It's not available on XP.
    Ahem
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodles View Post
    Probably because it requires DX10...
    It's DX10, not DX11. Considering my video card doesn't support 11 and I can play just fine...

10+ Year Old Account
    Slightly off topic, but my curiosity is getting the better of me.
    I've been wondering for awhile what the title of the game means.

Just Cause - a Cause that is Just

or

Just Cause - doing it Just [Be]Cause
    "The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

Isn't it 20 years old now?

Deleted
    XP was first released to computer manufacturers on August 24, 2001, it is almost 10 years old.. how many new games supports hardware that is 10 years old? whats the problem? upgrade!

Deleted
    People that consider any other Windows better than the newest one should be publicly laughed at.

And as said, XP is 10 years old, get over it and accept evolution.

It's like using Nokia 3310 or the very 1st Intel Pentium 4 that didn't even use skt.478 but used the faulty skt.423...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    like £3, for a visually stunning game, is winwin for me.

plus running 64-bit windows seven, SO I CAN PLAYYYYYY