Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grymgroeth View Post
    This is why your graphics look like shit and you have bad frame rate right now. You need to open everything back up and find out why the video card isn't working, might be a BIOS setting to default to the on-board.
    No, he/she needs to disconnect the monitor from the motherboards ports and put it onto the 5770s. On first boot for the P8Z68-V's it loads the iGPU.

If not, go into bios (hit delete a ton of times until a pretty screen comes up) and go to the ADVANCED TAB then System Agent and set the primary display device to PCI-E/PCI.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why your graphics look like shit and you have bad frame rate right now. You need to open everything back up and find out why the video card isn't working, might be a BIOS setting to default to the on-board.
    This is it right here, need to disable the on board gpu in the BIOS, not hard, don't worry. Then hook up monitor to the actual video card port.

To get into the BIOS you have to hit (usually) <Delete> as the comupter boots up. Just go thru the menues to find on baord types stuff and then save changes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riaya View Post
    Right now your biggest bottleneck is the ATI Radeon 5770 Graphic card... It is a 128bit interface card. Most gaming graphics cards are 256bit or more. I would look into getting a higher quality card. That should help a LOT. The 128bit cards or less are more or less "budget" cards and really are only in the end good for maybe HD video watching not main hard gaming.
    The HD 5770 is by no means a bottleneck for WoW, and the 128bit interface is more than fine for the card. Please look up on benchmarks and reviews before posting stuff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Riaya View Post
    Right now your biggest bottleneck is the ATI Radeon 5770 Graphic card... It is a 128bit interface card. Most gaming graphics cards are 256bit or more. I would look into getting a higher quality card. That should help a LOT. The 128bit cards or less are more or less "budget" cards and really are only in the end good for maybe HD video watching not main hard gaming.
    That card is plenty powerful enough to run WoW smoothly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    No, he/she needs to disconnect the monitor from the motherboards ports and put it onto the 5770s. On first boot for the P8Z68-V's it loads the iGPU.

If not, go into bios (hit delete a ton of times until a pretty screen comes up) and go to the ADVANCED TAB then System Agent and set the primary display device to PCI-E/PCI.
    This settings in advanced tab were already set like PCIE/PCI, tryed to plug the monitor to graphic card input but ''no signal'' only getting signal when i have it connected to the motherboard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePrittyGirl View Post
    This settings in advanced tab were already set like PCIE/PCI, tryed to plug the monitor to graphic card input but ''no signal'' only getting signal when i have it connected to the motherboard
    Is the PCI-E 6 Pin connected to the 5770 for power? It'll come from the power supply and plug into the rear of the card.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    Is the PCI-E 6 Pin connected to the 5770 for power? It'll come from the power supply and plug into the rear of the card.
    the card is just set into the motherboard and no cable going to the motherboard or what do you mean, no computer language plz, im retard

10+ Year Old Account
    the card is just set into the motherboard and no cable going to the motherboard or what do you mean, no computer language plz, im retard
    Well, the card requires external power from the POWER SUPPLY. The connector looks like this:
    http://www.nordichardware.com/skrivelser_img/432/psu.pcie.jpg

Why would you buy a bunch of parts without knowing how to properly install them?

Deleted
    There's this big box at the top or bottom of your computer that has A LOT of cables comming out of it, and has a big fan on it. This is your Power Supply.
    Now, what we want you to check is if there's a cable going from said Power Supply to the HD 5770 you installed in your PCIe slot. It should be a cable with 6 pins on it, and it should be plugged in at the back or side of the card.

10+ Year Old Account
    It comes from the power supply, just find a (usually) square 4 pin wire and plug it in, some cards have 2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    It comes from the power supply, just find a (usually) square 4 pin wire and plug it in, some cards have 2.
    It's a 6 pin.

A 5770 uses a single 6 pin plug.
    i5 2500k, GTX 660Ti , Asrock Z68 Pro3-M, 8GB RAM

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    It's a 6 pin.
    Yep, I just looked at mine, just remembered it being squarish.

@Saithes: Still think I was wrong to say "open everything back up and find out why the video card isn't working"? I've been doing this for far too long to assume the video card was installed properly.

To OP: It sounds very much like you didn't pay attention to your old setup when you pulled everything apart and missed a cable you needed to reconnect for the video card to function proper, and possibly to function at all. Find that 6pin dongle and get your 5770 powered properly then fire it up again and everything should work properly.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Saithes: Still think I was wrong to say "open everything back up and find out why the video card isn't working"? I've been doing this for far too long to assume the video card was installed properly.

To OP: It sounds very much like you didn't pay attention to your old setup when you pulled everything apart and missed a cable you needed to reconnect for the video card to function proper, and possibly to function at all. Find that 6pin dongle and get your 5770 powered properly then fire it up again and everything should work properly.
    I never said you were wrong.. I was simply stating an easier possible method before jumping the gun Considering... I own the motherboard.
    Last edited by Saithes; 2011-07-02 at 11:52 AM.

Deleted
    There's this big box at the top or bottom of your computer that has A LOT of cables comming out of it, and has a big fan on it. This is your Power Supply.
    Now, what we want you to check is if there's a cable going from said Power Supply to the HD 5770 you installed in your PCIe slot. It should be a cable with 6 pins on it, and it should be plugged in at the back or side of the card.

ok lol i forgot to plug that in, ok now im running my monitor from my 5770. and the processor from sounding like an airplane now have ''normal sound''
    though my resolution settings for deskop can't be higher than 1400x1050.. when i were running 1980x1020 or something, why? *
    What is my next step, check if my fps is better now? ^¨

10+ Year Old Account
    ok lol i forgot to plug that in, ok now im running my monitor from my 5770. and the processor from sounding like an airplane now have ''normal sound''
    though my resolution settings for deskop can't be higher than 1400x1050.. why? *
    Did you install the latest AMD Drivers for your 5770?

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloa...downloads.aspx

Deleted
    though my resolution settings for deskop can't be higher than 1400x1050.. when i were running 1980x1020 or something, why? *
    Good, so now you are running on the HD 5770 (At least if you plugged in your monitor into the 5770 now ), what you have to do now is go to AMD's site and download the latest Catalyst drivers for your system, this'll normally allow you to run at higher resolutions since you're probably running on the default windows drivers at the moment.

Here's the download page for the Catalyst drivers:
    http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Deleted
    Good, so now you are running on the HD 5770 (At least if you plugged in your monitor into the 5770 now ), what you have to do now is go to AMD's site and download the latest Catalyst drivers for your system, this'll normally allow you to run at higher resolutions since you're probably running on the default windows drivers at the moment.

Here's the download page for the Catalyst drivers:
    http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

there are alot of options and i have no idea which the right one is for windows 7 64 bit etc, could it possibly be http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloa...n_win7-64.aspx the 1 option? ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    there are alot of options and i have no idea which the right one is for windows 7 64 bit etc, could it possibly be http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloa...n_win7-64.aspx the 1 option? ^^
    "Catalyst Software Suite"