Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePrittyGirl View Post
    there are alot of options and i have no idea which the right one is for windows 7 64 bit etc, could it possibly be http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloa...n_win7-64.aspx the 1 option? ^^
    The 86.4MB Catalyst Software suite one.
    Beware though, I just tried installing them since I was running 11.5, and my screen went tripping and displayed random colors everywhere. Running driverless now, trying to reinstall them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    The 86.4MB Catalyst Software suite one.
    Beware though, I just tried installing them since I was running 11.5, and my screen went tripping and displayed random colors everywhere. Running driverless now, trying to reinstall them.
    ok perfect, downloaded the 86.4 mb one and now the deskop has the right resolution. So now, if i start WoW, will there be any changes if everything is right, or do i need to do something else? (:

Deleted
    ok perfect, downloaded the 86.4 mb one and now the deskop has the right resolution. So now, if i start WoW, will there be any changes if everything is right, or do i need to do something else? (:
    Fire it up and see what happens. You should be able to up the settings to whatever you like without too much of a performance hit.
    Have fun & take care mate!

EDIT: Might be good to enable DX11 aswell in the advanced video settings within WoW, since your 5770 is capable of rendering DX11, should give you a couple more FPS at best.

Deleted
    NovaBench Score: 1135

2011-07-02 14:23:29
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
    Intel Core i52500K 3.30GHz @ 3307 MHz
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series

8169 MB System RAM (Score: 200)
    - RAM Speed: 12817 MB/s

CPU Tests (Score: 478)
    - Floating Point Operations/Second: 102814940
    - Integer Operations/Second: 429519276
    - MD5 Hashes Generated/Second: 1193070

Graphics Tests (Score: 409)
    - 3D Frames Per Second: 1143

Hardware Tests (Score: 48)
    - Primary Partition Capacity: 466 GB
    - Drive Write Speed: 167 MB/s

This was what i got when i did this benchmark test, comments?

Deleted
    This was what i got when i did this benchmark test, comments?
    What benchmark test are we talking about here?

EDIT: I see, "Novabench"

Well, the GPU score is spot on so it is working propperly.

buy a nvidia card next time, they have drivers that work. Just be sure to have a fire extinguisher next to the computer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    buy a nvidia card next time, they have drivers that work. Just be sure to have a fire extinguisher next to the computer.
    What...? AMD's drivers work fine.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    What benchmark test are we talking about here?

EDIT: I see, "Novabench"

Well, the GPU score is spot on so it is working propperly.
    yepp you're right, no idea what kindo f benchmark tests there are out there but got mine from http://novabench.com/

Deleted
    Wtf are you talking about mate? AMD cards have no driver issues either, and don't come up with a driver each minute you refresh your browser.

Deleted
    This is F*cking awesome, just this simple misstake with the processor i ran 23 fps, reconnected as you all said, running 80-120 fps in SW on a crowded server on ''good'' graphics settings, i know i can get more, but you get the point! thank you all for helping mew trough this!

Deleted
    On a side note about low FPS and screen tearing, once Lucid release their GPU Virtualization tool for desktops you'll enjoy good framerates without the horrible tearing. Enjoy your i5 and Z68 board and welcome to the club.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudgery View Post
    On a side note about low FPS and screen tearing, once Lucid release their GPU Virtualization tool for desktops you'll enjoy good framerates without the horrible tearing. Enjoy your i5 and Z68 board and welcome to the club.
    Virtu is already out and has been.

http://www.lucidlogix.com/driverdownloads-virtu.html
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Deleted
    This is F*cking awesome, just this simple misstake with the processor i ran 23 fps, reconnected as you all said, running 80-120 fps in SW on a crowded server on ''good'' graphics settings, i know i can get more, but you get the point! thank you all for helping mew trough this!
    You should enable vsync to prevent screen tearing.

Woodscrews, etc.
    i5 2500k, GTX 660Ti , Asrock Z68 Pro3-M, 8GB RAM

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    Virtu is already out and has been.

http://www.lucidlogix.com/driverdownloads-virtu.html
    Not all of the software is available yet. Virtual Vsync was only announced at the start of June at Computex. It will be part of the Virtual Universal package, it was an announcement by Lucid showing support for AMD's up and coming CPUs as well. You cannot download this software yet.

For those interested here is a showcase on a couple of laptops. Note this software will be available for all current Sandy Bridge platforms and all future AMD and Intel platforms whose CPUs have IGPUs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not all of the software is available yet. Virtual Vsync was only announced at the start of June at Computex. It will be part of the Virtual Universal package, it was an announcement by Lucid showing support for AMD's up and coming CPUs as well. You cannot download this software yet.

For those interested here is a showcase on a couple of laptops. Note this software will be available for all current Sandy Bridge platforms and all future AMD and Intel platforms whose CPUs have IGPUs.
    Ohhhh nice!

Deleted
    Indeed. If this software promises to deliver and especially since some people here have already kindly expanded on how Vsync actually works, this makes all the more reason for gamers to opt for Z68 boards over P67 boards and given the fact that there is hardly a price premium for Z68 boards here in the UK, if you're in the market for a new PC, you would be daft not to invest in one, even if SSD caching and QuickSync means nothing to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed. If this software promises to deliver and especially since some people here have already kindly expanded on how Vsync actually works, this makes all the more reason for gamers to opt for Z68 boards over P67 boards and given the fact that there is hardly a price premium for Z68 boards here in the UK, if you're in the market for a new PC, you would be daft not to invest in one, even if SSD caching and QuickSync means nothing to you.
    Dang... After reading up on that I'm so happy I got rid of my P67 for a Z68 lol

sounds like your processors or GPU is overheating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yibsu View Post
    sounds like your processors or GPU is overheating.
    We've already discovered what it was.