Thread: Healing Issues

10+ Year Old Account

Healing Issues

Im fairly new to healing on my priest, as in i havent been doing it for more than a month or two. And im having issues in Stonecore, thats the only place i have issues with. Some of the trash just rape me and i go oom, where as in most other dungeons i only have to sit after a boss and sometimes not then. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%C3%B2r/simple is my armory. Im still trying to get gear and stuff so i know some pieces arent great. So any suggestions on how i can make it easier on me in SC heroic, any feed back is wlecomed.

---------- Post added 2011-07-02 at 12:32 PM ----------

bump for great justice.

Deleted
    As long as people CC stonecore should get easier, though often it is a very difficult place for healers if the dps aren't switched on and killing in the right order on the trash. It gets a lot easier once you get better gear and epic trinkets. Just get lots of intellect and most mana problems go away

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, i was hoping it wasnt just me since i can heal other stuff fine. I plan on gettign my 359 jp trinket today so that will help too.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first few trash packs in stonecore can be brutal if you don't do them right.

There's mobs in those packs (I forgot their name) who transform and do a ton of AOE damage. You can interrupt the transformation though.
    Other then that, some of the other mobs do a sort of whirlwind that hurts a lot as well.

Once you're passed slabhide, you have those fire elementals that do a kind of fire aoe that hurts as well, just tell people to move out of that.

Stonecore brings the worsed on players, Its the worsed place to heal pugs.

First few packs:
    If you have melee that doesnt move out of the Bladestorms they will take alot of damage and high bleed stacks
    If the Earthshaper doesn't get CCed, interrupted or killed first, the group will take ALOT of aoe damage.

Crystalspawn Giants:
    If nobody jumps at the end of the Quake, everyone takes a ton of damage
    "Deals 47125 to 52875 Nature damage to all enemies within 80 yards. This ability only affects targets that are on the ground."
    In addition, he spawns adds that explodes if it hits someone and increases everyones damage taken + deals damage.

Flayers:
    If nobody bothers to move from infront of them while they cast Flay, they will take a ton of damage.

These things in general are dangerous for Pugs, if people don't even bother to avoid the avoidable damage, then you will have to heal alot

Their incompetence = your work
    Just say "If you dont bother moving, i wont bother healing"
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

10+ Year Old Account
    So far i am only Seeing tips for the dungeon, not anything useful to help improve your actual healing. Being that my main is a holy priest, here are a few suggestions that might help.After looking at your character sheet, I would suggest going holy over discipline for dungeon healing. Second, you are severely lacking spirit. Spirit is your best friend. Also limit your use of Fh, Gh, poh. Those are situational heals. Heal is your primary, while using pom, renew, coh, etc. Being holy you will also get chakra, which can turn in to holy word: serenity or holy word: sanctuary. I prefer having serenity up, for that possible "oh shit" moment where you need a decent heal, that's instant cast, so you have a window to get off a Fh or Gh if you have serendipity up. Also serenity increases crit effect chance on the target by 25% for 6 secs. Ultimately it boils down to three possibilities why you would go oom. 1) not enough spirit, which we can clearly see you are lacking on your armory. 2) you are spamming Fh, penance on cd, Gh etc. 3) you're getting stuck with bottom of the barrel drool cup retards (dps/tank) that gives you no choice but to use mana dump spells to keep them up. I hope something in this post helps you out, and apologies for my ramblings, it is late. )

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    Crystalspawn Giants:
    If nobody jumps at the end of the Quake, everyone takes a ton of damage
    "Deals 47125 to 52875 Nature damage to all enemies within 80 yards. This ability only affects targets that are on the ground."
    In addition, he spawns adds that explodes if it hits someone and increases everyones damage taken + deals damage.
    I can assure you that a caster jumping for the Quake casts is -extremely- difficult to time. Melee or those with lots of GCD abilities (ie Hunters? Though Steady/Cobra take cast time too) can jump no problem, but most don't have that kind of luxury. However, you can cast Levitate on people other than the tank before the Quake comes, and those people won't have to jump!
    Just keep in mind they'll lose the Levitate if they take damage (eg from the crystals he spawns) but still, casting Levitate is probably less mana than casting the heal needed to bring them back up.

The flayers, though... anyone who stands in front of them when they're flying is beyond help, generally. Lifegrip the tank away if he is stupid enough to stand it in for more than a second, and scold him after the pull. Anyone else, let them die and then tell them they should -ALWAYS- be attacking from behind if they're in melee range, not just to avoid frontal attacks like that one, but to avoid being dodged/parried which can make a decent DPS into an awful one!

Quote Originally Posted by Xiphias View Post
    I can assure you that a caster jumping for the Quake casts is -extremely- difficult to time.
    Thats a mistake to many people make, trying to finish their cast before they do what they're supposed to do. Unless it's really important or at a point where someone would die, you ALWAYS stop casting and move out of the AoE, etc. And as a DPS i find it very hard to believe that finishing your cast would be of a life or death situation. If anything - you are taking the healers attention away from the tank to yourself.

The only excuse would be if you were targetting the Crystals and didnt notice the cast, otherwise there is no excuse to not jump.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want