Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

M18x /general laptop tips

So it was my birthday a few days ago, ive been told ive got said laptop in the title (m18x) in the mail to me.

Now i've never had a laptop before, what basic tips would you have for any given laptop. Such as cleaning it without opening it up ect.

Because its come straight from dell would i need to set anything up?

Also what about gamming sessions, i dont overclock (ever) so can a laptop have long sustained gamming sessions without it over heating and such?

Any tips or adivce would be greatly apreicated.
    Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Observe the general airflow tips:

Prop up the back of the machine so the underside can get a half decent airflow. (My dad uses a Triangular Ruler, which works wonders)
    Never play games with the laptop in your lap. Sounds silly, but with the combined heat output of the laptop under load and the natural heat from your body it is recipe for disaster.
    Do not open any part of the laptop, doing so will very likely void your warranty making it very difficult to get any parts replaced.
    If you travel allot, or live in a "high risk environment" (AKA Children) make sure you take out some form of insurance on your shiny new toy.

You can buy cooling mats/pads with built in fans to help keep it cooler, but I just use a breakfast tray when i'm using it in bed, this keeps the laptop off the duvet and helps stop it overheating.