Thread: Headsets

10+ Year Old Account

Headsets

Looking for "cheap" USB headsets, (or at least ones with a USB adapter)

Currently I have a: (or at least one very similar)

Logitech H555 Headset - Stereo
    Behind-the-neck - Binaural - Semi-open - USB

Which cost me £30 roughly 4 years ago. But now the cloth covering the earpiece is starting to wear out (it gets used pretty much daily :P ) and i'm looking for a suitable replacement.

I'm not particularly anal about the "Sound Quality" I only use it for Ventrilo, Skype and various other VOIP programs, I often though have a movie or some music on in the background coming through my speakers, and its nice to be able to hear that too without taking my headset off.

To replace it I'm currently looking at:

Creative HS-800 Fatal1ty Gaming Headset
    Over-the-head, Binaural, Detachable Noise Cancelling Microphone, In-Line Control, USB
    For £27

Although I'm not sure if I would still be able to hear any Music of Movies playing in the background with these on. (At least not before I have to turn the sound up so loud the entire neighborhood can hear it.)

P.S I look at prices exVAT it's nicer that way :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    No one have any thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe check out turtle beach or those steel series ones, not that im a huge fan of steels series products, my past experience leads me to believe they are super flimsy.

I'm using Steelseries Siberia V2 (with soundcard)

First off when i got them i was really pleased with how both attractive and comfortable the headset is
    They're really good for both music and gaming, can handle bass really well i've come to notice, originally i wanted to buy the Logitech G930's but Amazon wouldn't ship them to Aus so i got the Steelseries instead
    Last edited by olli576; 2011-07-04 at 08:41 AM.

Deleted
    When it comes to budget headsets there really isn't much to discuss. Sound in general is very subjective just as comfort is.

With such a wide range of products anything could float your boat. Creative Fatality series is generally targeted at Gamers so it should suffice.

I'd stay away from most Razer and Steelseries headsets and rather go with something like Sennheiser pc350 or Logitech g35. If you can afford it and want decent sound, then buyin just headphones and a microphone seperately might be an idea

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    When it comes to budget headsets there really isn't much to discuss. Sound in general is very subjective just as comfort is.

With such a wide range of products anything could float your boat. Creative Fatality series is generally targeted at Gamers so it should suffice.
    I would agree with you except that I want to be sure that I can still hear the music playing in the background through my speakers without turning it up so loud everyone can hear it too. Which is really what i'm asking. Because there's likely to be a good range of people who have used various headsets and experimented with using Vent/TS etc.. on the headset and music/movies on the speaker system without taking their headset off to be able to listen to the music/movie. Which in my experience is something that cup based headsets tend not to do. Hence they are "so good" because they block out any other sound in the room giving you only the sound you "want" to hear.

Which obviously isn't something you can just know by looking at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    except that I want to be sure that I can still hear the music playing in the background through my speakers without turning it up so loud everyone can hear it too. Which is really what i'm asking.
    Which obviously isn't something you can just know by looking at them.
    It actually is something you can tell by looking at them. These are an Enclosed headset, there-for you will not be hearing much of the outside world while they are on. "Padded headband and earpieces for ambient noise exclusion and comfort during"
    If you want a headset that does a full cover of your ears, you want to look for a set that is "open back" style.Razer Carcharias are one of the few open back style headsets I know of that are not complete death to a pocket book.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Li...9806049&sr=8-1

Cheap, relatively comfy mic works fine only annoying thing about it is accidentally pressing the mute button every now and then but I haven't done that in months now.
    Tankadin in Aurora. 6/6HC MSV 6/6HC HOF 3/4HC Terrace 3 days a week (25).