Deleted

What kind of community EvE online has?

Planning to start playing EvE online as ive been watching my friend playing it and i actually would lke to try it out myself thats how i got hooked on WoW back in the days, but as you all may know WoW community has gone down to the toilet in the last couple of years, so i would like to know guys does the EvE community differ from WoWs?

Right now? They're mad as hell.

Best wait a bit until the RMT fiasco blows over.

It's a community game that is trying to kill and rob itself in every way possible... well, sorta (but basically, yes)... the Community can be really great at times, and works together really well... to conquer another part of the community. But that's when you get into a Corporation.

If you play solo, you will not enjoy the game very much, as the game wasn't made for solo play. You will find yourself victim over and over again of the bad side of the community (The Gankers and Jet Can theives)

But. If you do wan't to get into Eve Online, train for a month to get some useful skill first. Afterwards, join a Corporation. Large Corporations usually will not accept you, unless you played for a while, or they want fodder targets. So try finding a Smaller Corporation and work with them for a while.
    Last edited by Daginni; 2011-07-02 at 02:17 PM.

EVE has terrible community. Very rude and unhelpful and very hostile towards newcomers. Unless you already know a corp that would take you in and teach you - I wouldn't recommend even bothering with EVE.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Deleted
    It feels like an adults game as it has very hard learning curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik89 View Post
    It feels like an adults game as it has very hard learning curve.
    I wouldn't day calling other people "idiots who deserve to die" over having a WoW account to be a sign of being "adult". I'd say it's a community strongly pretending to be adult.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    I wouldn't day calling other people "idiots who deserve to die" over having a WoW account to be a sign of being "adult". I'd say it's a community strongly pretending to be adult.
    Well gotta say that is quite harsh

Deleted
    Meh, tough comunity i'd say
    People are quite unfriendly towards newbies
    Thats what i felt when i played it tho

Deleted
    If its like that better stay out of that game then, as community for me is one of most important factor in mmo.

Deleted
    Eve players can be very paranoid, i played for a short while. Everytime i tried to join a corporation to learn the game, i was treated with suspicion and mistrust. Spies are very common in that game.

Deleted
    I don't agree with what seems to be the general concencus here.

You need to differ between "Out of character" and "In character" as Eve really is a role playing game where everyone roleplays, no matter if they know it or not.

In chat they can be all friendly, explain how things work (as long as you are not an idiot, do the damn tutorial), and help you out.
    If they find you sitting with your ship in lowsec with a full cargo hold however, they will rob your arse, and possibly blow your ship up as well just to teach you a lesson.

If you ask for help, you will get it, but when you fail to follow the advice, be ready to be punished. You can't be a carebear in Eve.

I think namelessone had a bad experience along the way somewhere. The vast, vast majority of the people I have encountered in my two weeks since starting EVE have been nothing but nice, helpful, and nothing like the hostility and negativity of WoW players and forum users. Questions get real answers, there are very few trolls, and everyone understands how hard it is starting out and does their best to help newbies.

I'd also highly suggest, if you do get into EVE, that you look into joining the corp EVE University. Their whole purpose is to take in new players, teach them to play the game, and send them on their way once they believe they're ready. It's a very good community, except I will say they're at war right now which means most normal activities such as missions, hauling and mining are off limits, but you can get some good PvP in with their almost daily fleet formations if you want.

Similar to what GarGar said, I had a great newbie experience as well. You really don't have to be in a corp to have fun. I'm in my own 1 man corp to avoid the taxes of the NPC corps, and I enjoy the game just fine atm. You might want to find one if you spend many hours a day playing, but if you can only make time to log in 1-2 hours a day, flying solo is perfectly alright.

Deleted
    EVE Online is the opposite of WoW in just about every way possible.

Inaccessible, unintuitive, community driven, Sci-Fi, etc.

But now might not be the best time to start as Incarnageddon is still in progress. I'd wait a month or two until this mess is sorted out.