Poll: When a pug raid ask for you item level, what do you tell them?

Your opinion about itemlevel

Hi there.

I'm curious what you say when people ask for you itemlevel when joining a pug?

(Going to try and make a poll here, but be patient since I have never done that before and make take a while)

Edit. Damnit I totaly failed, can someone please tell me how I make a poll?
    Edit2. Made the question more clear now Keulanaama.
    Edit3. I found it, was under "Thread Tools". ;p
    Last edited by Exeris; 2011-07-02 at 02:17 PM.

Deleted
    What kind of situation are we talking here? Are you trying to get into a pug? Some run-of-the-mill guy just blurts out the question to you?

Deleted
    Itemlvl doesn't mean much, imho. It gives a standard for how good the gear is, and how good it has to be to do X, but after that, it's just bullocks. I rarely get asked for

my Ilvl, but when I do (mostly when in rnd hc's), I usually post the recount showing me doing somewhat better dps than my gear shows (SMF FTW).

Quote Originally Posted by Knood View Post
    So far, I haven't had any problems with it, I'm just hoping it won't end up like GS being used in a completely... well... destructive way.
    Also, no I don't know how polls work either, would have helped you out otherwise :P

Edit: Now that you clarified the question - I tell them my actual itemlevel, then if they say it's too low, then that's not the kind of raidleader I'd want, anyways (haha)

I like this reasoning

Btw the reason I made his thread was mainly because I was curious how you guys feel about it and that I feel at a disatvantage since I want to be honest about my gear when looking for a pug and in my experience people seem to go by the itemlevel from their charactersheet.

Quote Originally Posted by hamsterbom View Post
    Hi there.

I'm curious what you say when people ask for you itemlevel when joining a pug?
    You spelled GearScore wrong.

Deleted
    I dont have any other gear than the gear equipped, so I tell them my right ilvl.

I miss GearScore.

It sure made getting decent PuG's together much easier. Now the "inspect delay" and shit Blizzard forced on the game has made it useless, along with the retarded UI the creators of it decided to add to it.

There might have been a lot of people complaining about GearScore. We never had that problem on my server. There was nothing negative about it at all, it was merely used as a supplement to inspects. Leader would ask for GearScore, then if someone had the required GearScore they'd whisper the raid leader and get inspected. No retarded gems, no retarded enchants, no wearing shit gear. I still don't understand to this day the problem people had with it.

Item Level condenses all your relevant stats down to one number.

However, this says nothing about proper itemization, enchants, reforging, gemming, and SKILL. It's just the easiest metric for caveman-brained pugs to judge you by.

Deleted
    I tell them my iLevel because if I do choose to join a pug my iLevel will be far higher than 99% of pug leaders so it'll be enough.

If I'm playing on an alt with an iLevel that seems low I'll say it but add into the whisper my other credentials, such as what I've cleared so that they don't dismiss the whisper based off of iLevel alone. 9 our of 10 pug leaders are smart enough to invite you if they know you can handle the content, they just ask for iLevel as a quick easy to use look at a rough estimate of how good you are. If you let them know that you've cleared all the bosses on your main, they'll usually be fine with that.

I only have only one set. So yeah.

---------- Post added 2011-07-03 at 12:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Minto44 View Post
    I miss GearScore.

It sure made getting decent PuG's together much easier. Now the "inspect delay" and shit Blizzard forced on the game has made it useless, along with the retarded UI the creators of it decided to add to it.

There might have been a lot of people complaining about GearScore. We never had that problem on my server. There was nothing negative about it at all, it was merely used as a supplement to inspects. Leader would ask for GearScore, then if someone had the required GearScore they'd whisper the raid leader and get inspected. No retarded gems, no retarded enchants, no wearing shit gear. I still don't understand to this day the problem people had with it.
    You just didn't say that. You. Just. Didn't.
    Ilevel is pretty much the same, but now, we don't have to have some weird scores.

Deleted
    Neither, I say I don't join pugs that ask for itemlevel, just like in Wrath I didn't join pugs that asked for gearscore.

If you haven't worked it out yet, those pugs will fail.

Deleted
    Its Blizzards version of popular GearScore