Deleted

Windows 7 analyze/repair?

Is there a program that you can run in safe mode that will analyze or/and repair windows 7?

It seems that on startup my computer just shutsdown itself, but I can start it in safe mode and creating this topic from there.
    I've tried the "Repair windows (recommended)" option that sometimes show when your computer crashes but it shuts itself down from there aswell.

Please help!

10+ Year Old Account
    Windows 7 has its own repair. Chances are its a program or driver that is stopping you from getting into Windows. If it is then a repair won't really do anything lol.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Deleted
    I really dont feel like re-installing. I would go through hell and back to find a solution before that.

Deleted
    Spybot S&D and CCleaner are wonderful helpers

Yes. Open cmd and type :

sfc /scannow

Deleted
    Ok I just managed to start it without problems.
    What i did in safe mode:
    Scan for viruses and shit
    Defragged (dunno if this would help or not, i just did)
    I ran CCleaner to clean up files and the registry (took a backup ofcorse)
    I removed almost all non essential programs from autostart

Right now it seems to work, im currently running that "sfc /scannow" thing. Ill come back to you on that when its done.

Even if the problem is fixed for now it may just be temporary so if you have any other tips id like to hear them please, thanks.

Ok the scannow tool said it found damaged windows files and repaired them. So i guess if it was a problem with just windows it should be fixed now
    Last edited by mmocb8badc1532; 2011-07-02 at 03:57 PM.