Deleted

ReadyBoost pen drive

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a pen drive so I can boost my pc's overall performance. Since this computer is kind of old and can't support more than 2gb RAM, I think it's a pretty good idea to use ReadyBoost to help pump up my pc. My normal USB pen doesn't work unfortunately, so I have to buy a new one. I just don't wanna buy one and realize it doesn't work, so my question to you guys is: Which pen drive do you recommend I should use, how much money would it cost more or less and how would the performance of my computer roughly change.

P.S. I'm running Vista Home Basic

Thanks!

15+ Year Old Account
    free bump; caught in spam filter
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    I'd wager anything by Kingston or other popular memory traders would be compatible, something such as this would probably be sufficient.

Scryus.
    Last edited by mmoc46e92a5b5a; 2011-07-02 at 07:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it possible for you to buy a newer model pc, or save up and build your own?
    You can make a decent gaming rig for under 800.

And im not really impressed with ready boost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slyforce View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm looking for a pen drive so I can boost my pc's overall performance. Since this computer is kind of old and can't support more than 2gb RAM, I think it's a pretty good idea to use ReadyBoost to help pump up my pc. My normal USB pen doesn't work unfortunately, so I have to buy a new one. I just don't wanna buy one and realize it doesn't work, so my question to you guys is: Which pen drive do you recommend I should use, how much money would it cost more or less and how would the performance of my computer roughly change.

P.S. I'm running Vista Home Basic

Thanks!
    Sadly using a pen drive for readyboost will not give the performance boost you're looking for I'd imagine. It was originally intended for systems with slower hard drives to cache the some of the most frequently ran program files to. It will not boost frames per second and nor will it even be an overall noticeable difference unless your processor, RAM and hard drive are also on the same level or below said performance of the pen drive.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO