Hunter/ranger games?

Anyone have any ideas for some games that feature a Hunter/Ranger type player. Preferably 3rd person pov , for the PC, and not graphics intense. I am not really looking for an MMO as I want a solo game but I want an open world setting with dungeons, grinding, exploring, challenges where there is a serious risk of dying. I don't care if pets are featured or not. Would prefer it to be a gear type game and customizable with specs and strategy a bit. What I enjoy most is solo play and grinding and boss fights. I really liked to solo old content on my hunter in WoW and enjoyed that type of gameplay. Monster Hunter seems like it would be a great fit but its pretty much only in Japan or for handhelds in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a Monster Hunter for wii. Idk if a lot of people still play online, but it does have a nice single player mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elder Scrolls perhaps?

Oooooooooooooooblivion?

Handheld Monster hunter is serious Win
    BO0ooOOooOOo0oooOO0OOooOO0ooo0OOOo0oOO0NEST0RM!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uttnikk/simple
    ^Deepz served here^

Deleted
    Wait for Skyrim. It comes out in November.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dodge- View Post
    Oooooooooooooooblivion?
    i agree
    this might be the right choice for the OP.
    Especially if he looks up on some mods. there are awesome things to be found.
    (played myself als Ranged Assasin with illusion magic as a bonus if sneaking did not work i pop my invisibility )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidorenko View Post
    Handheld Monster hunter is serious Win
    I second this motion

Oblivion for sure. The game is on sale right now on steam too.

Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    Wait for Skyrim. It comes out in November.
    They beat bow users with the nerfbat. You're probably better off sticking to magic... which is way more awesome this time around.

That being said, any TPS, FPS or OTSS will give you that "hunter/ranger" character you want. As far as MMOs are concerned? You'll have to look for those yourself because most of them come with a class like that. I'd recommend MMORPG.com because they have a huge list of all the MMOs out there (mostly MMORPGs) and you can research each one to find the one that suits you best.

Ooh, try Thief!! Garrott is the best!