Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Final Fantasy 6 (North America 3). Best game, best villain.... nuff said.

Honorable mentions:
    FF7
    Chrono Trigger
    Super Mario RPG: Secret of the Stars
    Kingdom Hearts
    Suikoden 1 and 2

Knights of the Old Republic, then probably a tie between Baldur's Gate 2 and Deus Ex, then Dragon Age: Origins.

FF7, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, and of course the Zelda games...

10+ Year Old Account
    Final Fantasy 7 and 10, TES, Kotor

1.Gothic 2
    2.Witcher 1
    3.Fallout:New Vegas

Deleted
    I really enjoyed playing Final Fantasy series on my PlayStation and i liked Dragon quest too.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anything in the Elder Scrolls Series is pretty amazing
    Fallout Series
    Final Fantasy
    Dragon Age 1/2
    Baldurs Gate 1/2
    Zelda Games
    Kingdom Hearts
    Golden Sun 1 and 2 are good
    Mass Effect 2
    Sonic Adventure 1
    Theres just to many if i busted out my snes,ps1,ps2,n64, dreamcast games i could give you some more i'm just to lazy at the moment

Zelda : Ocarina of time if we are counting it! If not then hmm , FF 8

Xenogears hands down back in 1999. Best rpg ever played. Not for graphics but story.

FF9 will forever hold a special place in my heart. =P

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    ff8 and 9 were quite amazing, while 7 was alright.

Deleted
    Kotor and Dragon Age: Origins. ( the second one was bad)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really too keen on rpg's, anymore. Have kind of a hard time articulating exactly why, but I prefer the older games. I'm not a nostalgia nut, though. In fact, I'm kind of a graphics whore, so I have a hard time going back and enjoying games of yesteryear with the same sense of splendor because they're so damn ugly. Well, that and the archaic game/world design, but I digress. I'm not blinded by rose-tinted goggles is what I'm saying, rpg's really just don't ring my bell, anymore.

I liked KotOR, but I feel the game has been set up on a pedestal by gamers and I personally feel it's completely overrated. The ending and the pivotal plot decision were terrrrrible, imo. I have very fond memories of Morrowind in spite of the game's awful graphics...or maybe even because of them. Maybe it's because you couldn't see very far ahread of yourself and there seemed to be a fog that surrounded you, giving the game an unintentional sense of mystery. The world just felt organic to me at the time and I loved the game, in spite of even playing it on Xbox (lol horrible load times). It felt like you were stepping out into unexplored terrain and you honestly had no idea what to expect. Yeah, the ending sucked, but the bloodmoon expansion offered one of the most genuinely creepy atmospheres I've ever experienced in a game and I feel the game was way more immersive than Oblivion. Well, except for maybe the dark brotherhood plotline.

I think Dragon Age was meh and frankly I'm tired of Bioware games. I'm tired of feeling like I'm playing all-powerful Jedi who can swoop down out of obscurity, take control of any situation, and effortlessly bend people to their will like they're puppets. I fucking hate it. Some of the decisions in their games actually revolve more around a minor character than yourself, but you are given the power to make the choice for them. All your party members walked around like little leashed mutts and bend to your every whim. Hell, even complete strangers do it if you've "earned" enough points in your imaginary, completely in-organic "personality" meter. And don't even get me started on trying to keep all of your squadmates alive through the last mission in Mass Effect 2...that seriously made me want to break my disk into little pieces, then ship it to Bioware in an envelope that also contained a hateful letter and a few grams of anthrax.

I adore FF8, so that's probably my favorite. The characters, the music, the story, the relationships...I love that game. Probably too much. I still listen to the orchestrated soundtrack to this day. It's a game that really spoke to me when I was younger and I formed this emotional attachment to it. Kind of like Metal Gear Solid and Ocarina of Time. Oh, to be young and impressionable again..
    Last edited by foxHeart; 2011-07-02 at 11:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanted to say FF7.

But Chrono Trigger got my final vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    final fantasy 7
    /thread
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

Digimon World 1 or Digimon World 3 (2003), can't decide and yes i am serious, played alot of rpgs, ff amongst others but digimon beats them all, once again dead serious

Its a bit sad most of ppl here give example Jrpgs. I guess most ppl here are americans or something, i know they are more popular there than un europe. But you guys really should try some other western rpgs beside bioware/bethesda. For example Risen,Witcher,Gothic,Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga, Two worlds 2. I understand why u like jrpgs, i like alot of them also like Fragile Dreams on Wii, some FFs, but u guys miss real dark fantasy games by not playing more western rpgs. I mean you cant compare the atmosphere in Witcher for example, with Kingdom Hearts or Chrono Trigger, no matter how good they are. my 2 cents if u want em

Quote Originally Posted by Asuza View Post
    Technically, it's an action-adventure rpg. It was a good game, but no where even close to beating a lot of the good RPGs.

My vote goes to Morrowind just because of the sheer amount of time/effort I put into it. I would personally separate them into what was better per category.

Secret of Mana / Chrono Trigger would easily get my vote in certain areas, most of the star ocean games would be up there, as well as KOTOR.
    Except for star ocean: til the end of time, god was the ending of that story horrible as FUCK or what.

FF9
    Tactics
    Zelda
    Fallout
    Diablo
    Oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by Xythez View Post
    QQ something about Jrpgs
    An RPG is an RPG.
    Last edited by Yople; 2011-07-02 at 11:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xythez View Post
    Its a bit sad most of ppl here give example Jrpgs. I guess most ppl here are americans or something, i know they are more popular there than un europe. But you guys really should try some other western rpgs beside bioware/bethesda. For example Risen,Witcher,Gothic,Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga, Two worlds 2. I understand why u like jrpgs, i like alot of them also like Fragile Dreams on Wii, some FFs, but u guys miss real dark fantasy games by not playing more western rpgs. I mean you cant compare the atmosphere in Witcher for example, with Kingdom Hearts or Chrono Trigger, no matter how good they are. my 2 cents if u want em
    Not a big fan of western RPG myself, WoW is probably the most "western" game I have played, otherwise I am mostly a anime and Jrpg fan.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Fallout 2
    2) Might and magic 8
    3) Neverwinter Nights

yep yep dinosaurs