Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Selling Chef hat? Lf opinions

So I have gathered up 40 Waterlogged recipes, for those who are not sure of what those are, its a wotlk "rep" turn in from dalaran fishing dailies, it also rewards 5 Dalaran cooking awards, which can then be turned in for spices, recipes, and if you reach 100, the Chef hat, My goal is to sell said Chef hat, and want to know what your opinions are, pricing, advertising, and just an overall, This is a good/bad idea.

Right now, im asking for 25k, Yes i know, surprisingly, to the majority of players, that is a large sum of money, but if you were to do your dalaran dailies everyday, AND were lucky to get 2 extra tokens in your bag, its going to take you 34 days minimum to get the hat. So i feel like its a reasonable price given the time needed.

Anyway, looking for your opinions on it, Has anyone done this before? i haven't seen anyone else attempt it,

last note, to those who may attempt to use this method, check the AH every morning, those china farmers usually have one they will post daily, and prepare for the " ITS BOP noob/narddog/retard/troll." anything along that lines.

Thanks, Hoppipolla

I'd lower the price to about 10k. A dorky hat isn't worth as much as a three seater mount with two vendors.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you're not supposed to kill someone unless they kill you first. it's common sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    that dorky hat makes you cook super fast which is amazingly convenient when you have to cook buff food for your guild or something.

op: I'd say stick to your price for a few days see if anyone bites, if not, try 20k or something. but then again, I'm not good at this either /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    that dorky hat makes you cook super fast which is amazingly convenient when you have to cook buff food for your guild or something.

op: I'd say stick to your price for a few days see if anyone bites, if not, try 20k or something. but then again, I'm not good at this either /shrug

Dorky? /hate.

I find it hard to believe you will get a buyer for 25k, Keep in mind this is coming from someone with many many times that amount available. People that would spend that much would be just as likely to get it themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffjobx View Post
    I find it hard to believe you will get a buyer for 25k, Keep in mind this is coming from someone with many many times that amount available. People that would spend that much would be just as likely to get it themselves.
    ^This. I have a ludicrous amount of gold, I have the hat, LOVE it... but even knowing how amazing it is, if I lost mine I would either regrind it or just not get it. I would be hard pressed to pay 4-5k for that setup, much less 25k

That is, of course, just my opinion, I'm kind of stingy. Some people toss money, and also in-game gold... around like it's nothing, so probably worth advertising it each day, little lower every couple days, until you get a bite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone should have gotten it in Wrath, my gf did it on nearly 4 toons, Cata babies pay away.

25k for 34 days of work...

That's an asking price of over 700 gold a day for doing an easy daily quest.

I'd personally go a bit (lot) lower.

Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    25k for 34 days of work...

That's an asking price of over 700 gold a day for doing an easy daily quest.

I'd personally go a bit (lot) lower.
    yeah, 700g a day is alot, but its not the effort put into the quest, its the time needed,

Your best plan of action is probably what Ebbikenezar suggested.

Advertise a few times each day, lowering your a little price until you hit what you feel is the absolute minimum you would sell them for, or someone buys. As far as the actual message, point out that it's 34 days with extreme luck and probably more around the range of two and a half months of the daily every single day, needing food mats each and every time.

If you are lucky, someone with more gold than they will ever spend and a new alt will be happy to pay you the 25k for the time saved.

You can't sell the chef's hat, its BoP. Are you going to sell the recipes?

Quote Originally Posted by Tordek View Post
    You can't sell the chef's hat, its BoP. Are you going to sell the recipes?

please go re-read the original post.

Deleted
    This sounds like a great idea. Bumped, and let us know about the results.

Yeah, if you are just going to sell the recipes for 25k I think most people would just check the AH and get their recipes that way instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppipolla View Post
    please go re-read the original post.
    I did.

My goal is to sell said Chef hat, and want to know what your opinions are, pricing, advertising, and just an overall, This is a good/bad idea.
    Your words. Only thing is, you're NOT selling 'said chef hat', you are selling waterlogged recipes in bulk. Please check your words carefully before reprimanding someone for not understanding your obtuse and poorly-worded posts and requesting clarification.

You will NOT sell the chef's hat for a value greater than 20 waterlogged recipes.

Honestly I would never pay 25k for that and I don't think to many people would but like 6-8k would be more reasonable, but its a very good idea.

Okay, updating

took into account what many of you said, my first price.. was a high lol, it was worth a shot. BUT I did end up selling my first 20 for 17k.

spent 5k on the recipes
    sold as bulk for a 12k profit

really happy with results, i think im going to continue this for a long time, best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppipolla View Post
    Okay, updating

took into account what many of you said, my first price.. was a high lol, it was worth a shot. BUT I did end up selling my first 20 for 17k.

spent 5k on the recipes
    sold as bulk for a 12k profit

really happy with results, i think im going to continue this for a long time, best of luck
    a sucker is born every min

props to you if you manage to sell this

but who would be so stupid as to buy it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    props to you if you manage to sell this

but who would be so stupid as to buy it?
    Someone who wants the hat (a very useful item even today), but can't be bothered to go everyday to Dalaran to do a stupid daily for two months or so.