Thread: Why do i lagg?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I have the same problem and here's my cpu specs, since I don't want to create another thread about a similar topic. Is the same the problem for me?

Nvidia Geforce9400
    AMD Phenom 9550 Quad Core
    5 GB RAM
    I also need your operating system -

Windows 7 Windows vista etc

Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    I also need your operating system -

Windows 7 Windows vista etc
    Vista (10 char

Do the same I mentioned above, download CCleaner and turn off all the useless processes running. Make sure drivers are up to date, some times a older driver will improve frame rates however. Just Google it and check to see what people say. 9/10 times you'll find the answer on Google, that other 1/10 times you just have to dig through forums.

On a side note, have you ever opened your puter up and cleaned it? Dust can build up and severely compromise performance.

With your set-up you should be running at good settings and not falling below say 10 FPS in a AoE heavy raid area.

VISTA IS YOUR PROBLEM, get XP, or 7. There are ways to use a OEM disc, if you know how to work with a slice change. I hope that's not against forum rules.
    Last edited by Build; 2011-07-03 at 10:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vista (10 char
    Well first step lets update your drivers like the previous poster above me has stated

@yoitsme

A cheap CPU upgrade. (Remember, I don't know what your MoBo is, so it may not support dual core.)

http://www.google.com/products/catal...ed=0CFwQ8gIwAg

Your RAM (Probably, I don't know what your MoBO will support, but this is my best guess.)

http://compare.ebay.com/like/3005724...=sbar&_lwgsi=y

So there you go, less than a 100$ and you get another CPU core, and 3 more gigs of RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Build View Post
    Do the same I mentioned above, download CCleaner and turn off all the useless processes running. Make sure drivers are up to date, some times a older driver will improve frame rates however. Just Google it and check to see what people say. 9/10 times you'll find the answer on Google, that other 1/10 times you just have to dig through forums.

On a side note, have you ever opened your puter up and cleaned it? Dust can build up and severely compromise performance.

With your set-up you should be running at good settings and not falling below say 10 FPS in a AoE heavy raid area.

VISTA IS YOUR PROBLEM, get XP, or 7. There are ways to use a OEM disc, if you know how to work with a slice change. I hope that's not against forum rules.
    Ya that helped quite a bit, my FPS is around 45-60 now standing idly in Org, and I haven't even run the CCleaner yet, I just updated the drivers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya that helped quite a bit, my FPS is around 50-60 now standing idly in Org, and I haven't even run the CCleaner yet, I just updated the drivers.
    Hm you didn't CC it? That's not truely bad but

Always clean out your drives

Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    Hm you didn't CC it? That's not truely bad but

Always clean out your drives
    Alright just googled it, and the website is saying I have to buy it.

http://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER

There it is, CCleaner for free, and I'm glad some of this helps.

I still want to say, open the towers and dust them. If you haven't in the last 2 months that is.

I have the same problem and here's my cpu specs, since I don't want to create another thread about a similar topic. Is the same the problem for me?

Nvidia Geforce9400
    AMD Phenom 9550 Quad Core
    5 GB RAM

I can get about 20-40 FPS depending on the area on fair to good setting, and horrific FPS, lower then 10 in 25 mans, where everyone is clumped and casting spells.
    Next to the sound advice on your software, you'll want to invest in a better graphics card. The one you have it both outdated and very slow for it's generation.
    I'm not sure about the current nVidia cards but an AMD HD65## should get you a huge improvement for under €100.

Quote Originally Posted by Croga View Post
    Next to the sound advice on your software, you'll want to invest in a better graphics card. The one you have it both outdated and very slow for it's generation.
    I'm not sure about the current nVidia cards but an AMD HD65## should get you a huge improvement for under €100.
    If you have that much to spend, buying new hardware and software is the easy way around performance issues. Make sure you do the registry up-keep part of what I previously mentioned. That GPX card is fine man, don't worry about it.

I also forgot to mention a driver sweeping would be nice probably, you can download that for free too. I love free software!!!! I'll donate to free software developers long before I buy crap software from other sources. I don't pay for anything, but I do donate as I can. Just make sure as you sweep the old drivers you don't remove the new ones, if you do your screen will just suck for awhile till you re-install the new ones you just got again. So don't fret over possible mistakes. Just read the FAQ and you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Build View Post
    http://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER

There it is, CCleaner for free, and I'm glad some of this helps.

I still want to say, open the towers and dust them. If you haven't in the last 2 months that is.
    Is there a certain way to dust, so I don't break anything? (Also I just CC'd it)

If you're running a pentium 4 you're on a very old machine, there's no point in looking at upgrades, because the new parts won't fit.

You need a new machine.

Deleted
    People will lagg cuz of addons, what are outdated !!

Deleted
    cuz i started to hit ya with the nerfbat!

No more than about 30PSI, if you have a air compressor with a attachment. You can also buy cans of air that do the same thing. Make sure you turn it off, unplug it, push the power button a few times to make sure you have drained it completely. Proceed to blow out the dust in either mentioned method. I have seen rigs bad enough that I had to pull the heat sink off and use alcohol and Q-tips to clean it. The mess inside will be worse if you smoke near it. Or if your rig is in a dusty environment.

If your heat sink needs a cleaning that bad, do not remove it until you have thermal paste. Arctic Silver is good for that, at about 5$ a tube. Watch a video to learn how to use it if this is the circumstance, and use a razor blade to apply the paste, helps even out the application.

I hope all of this is helping, hit me with any other problems that your having, I love making old systems out perform newer ones.

People don't know how CPU intensive WoW is. Here is an example:

My PC was a Q8300 with a GeForce 9800 XT and 8 GB ram. It runs WoW on Ultra, with 8x Anti-Aliasing at 60 FPS, except for a few rare occasions when like in Orgrimmar when it can drop to 45'ish. One day, my Processor fried and I had to use a Celeron D 2.1 Ghz I had laying around. Same GPU, 8 Gb RAM, except an older Processor... Even with all settings on Fair, the game would still run at 40 fps max. In 25-man, I'd get 14 fps.

Upgrade your CPU, most of time your graphic card has nothing to do with your performance in WoW (even because the WoW graphics are really shitty, doesn't require a very good GPU)

A CPU does make a big difference, but once again it boils down to: "Do you have the money to do so?" If not then getting the most out of your system is important. Just keep following my posts, and you should do good. There's always a lot of fat you can trim to make a out dated rig perform.