Thread: CLCret

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

CLCret

So my I recently went ret off spec because my raid leader told me I would be more useful as a tank with a dps OS. So I got some gear, at ilvl 357 now, and I looked up the prio rotation, gems, glyphs. You know, the usual theorycrafting stuff. I also got CLCret, as was recommended. And not going to lie, it kind of feels like cheating. Having your rotation right on your screen, telling you what to use next. I almost feel guilty. But then I look at my recount. Does anyone else feel this way? I don't know any other spec that has such a tool.

Or what are your thoughts on CLCret?

If you are new to ret it is good, but after a while, u won't need it and can uninstall it. Ret has such a stupid rotation its not even funny. You're always doing something, but it just doesn't feel fun for some reason. Don't worry about it. I compared my dps on a target dummy with and without it, there was a 200 dps difference at most.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    If you are new to ret it is good, but after a while, u won't need it and can uninstall it. Ret has such a stupid rotation its not even funny. You're always doing something, but it just doesn't feel fun for some reason. Don't worry about it. I compared my dps on a target dummy with and without it, there was a 200 dps difference at most.
    Now do the same on a bossfight with lots of stuff happening around you.
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicy View Post
    Now do the same on a bossfight with lots of stuff happening around you.
    Then do a correct setup of your UI, and tadam, super duper easy to watch both without CLCret. Where's the fun to play the game if you simply follow what a program tells you ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dalarius View Post
    Then do a correct setup of your UI, and tadam, super duper easy to watch both without CLCret. Where's the fun to play the game if you simply follow what a program tells you ?
    Juicy's post could of ment to see the dps loss/gain, just saying. Yeah I like the addon myself and it is nice if ur slacking, have a improper timer watcher,(or non at all), and even if ur not staring at it I guess it could help if you like to text and raid
    Last edited by lifteez; 2011-07-03 at 11:57 AM. Reason: typing on phone.

There are other classes with similar.. I know there is "CLCDK" that is the same for Death Knights. Honestly, I don't like the feel of Ret. It's far too proc-reliant on its DPS output. Everyone laughed at Ret during Wrath for being "faceroll" but the class was simple and overall anyone could be decent with a small bit of work. Now it seems more advanced and while I'm capable of following it, some people get tripped up with some of the Ret DPS notions like keeping Inquisition up all the time because it feels... clunky, would be the best way to say it, to manually have to keep up a buff in the middle of a fight that uses the same mechanic as your damaging abilities. I'd almost say that Inquisition should work for Ret the way Holy Shield used to work for Prot - it gets triggered when you use Templar's Verdict so it can be kept up all the time without having to drop your DPS by using a GCD to refresh it.

I know a few non-raiding Rets that are having a hell of a hard time producing anything near adequate DPS, and honestly I think the system itself is to blame because in Wrath these people did fairly decent (not amazing, but not scrub DPS) and now are basically what we would call total baddies. It sucks when I'm asked for advice and I can't give anything because they are using the abilities in the correct order (except maybe Inq because again that trips people up) and their DPS is abysmal even then. Yes, the person is a "clicker" but that shouldn't have such a huge effect on DPS (although we both know it has some effect) or it really is the fault of the game itself.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    So my I recently went ret off spec because my raid leader told me I would be more useful as a tank with a dps OS. So I got some gear, at ilvl 357 now, and I looked up the prio rotation, gems, glyphs. You know, the usual theorycrafting stuff. I also got CLCret, as was recommended. And not going to lie, it kind of feels like cheating. Having your rotation right on your screen, telling you what to use next. I almost feel guilty. But then I look at my recount. Does anyone else feel this way? I don't know any other spec that has such a tool.

Every DPS class in the game has a rotation helper, Having your cooldowns simplified so you aren't staring at the bars is not cheating. It doesn't play the game for you now matter how many idiots tell you it does. clcret is perfectly fine it does exactly what it is supposed to do which is help minimize the time it takes you to recognize a proc or allow you to do more important things than just stare at your bars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    Every DPS class in the game has a rotation helper, Having your cooldowns simplified so you aren't staring at the bars is not cheating. It doesn't play the game for you now matter how many idiots tell you it does. clcret is perfectly fine it does exactly what it is supposed to do which is help minimize the time it takes you to recognize a proc or allow you to do more important things than just stare at your bars.
    Never said it plays the game for you, it just takes out all the fun because all you do is pushing the button when the icon appear, you have nothing else to look at. PowerAura help you recognize faster a proc, but it doesn't take all the fun by printing a big message in the middle of your screen saying "PRESS 'A' FOR PROCLOL".

By the way, thanks for calling me an idiot because I don't play the game the same way than you do, apparently normal people get reported for this, but mods are free to call people so.

15+ Year Old Account
    Never said it plays the game for you, it just takes out all the fun because all you do is pushing the button when the icon appear, you have nothing else to look at. PowerAura help you recognize faster a proc, but it doesn't take all the fun by printing a big message in the middle of your screen saying "PRESS 'A' FOR PROCLOL".

By the way, thanks for calling me an idiot because I don't play the game the same way than you do, apparently normal people get reported for this, but mods are free to call people so.
    I don't recall calling you an idiot, Maybe you can point out where I called you an idiot? I also don't recall saying you said it played the game for you. So while you make assumptions about what I'm replying to next time get your facts straight.

So pushing a button when an Icon appears is somehow different than watching a bar flash? Somehow it's different than watching forteXorcist, sexycooldown, coolline or even those awful default bars.

Just because you consider fun to be staring at a bar on the bottom of your screen doesn't mean that is what everyone else considers fun. Last but not least please don't insult me by calling me a mod for these forums.
    Last edited by Requital; 2011-07-03 at 04:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

...I almost feel guilty. But then I look at my recount...
    And noticed that you're on the bottom of the DPS charts?
    That's all I got from it.
    “Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.”

Until an addon comes out that consolidates information as well as Clcret, there's no reason not to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by LeBoucher View Post
    And noticed that you're on the bottom of the DPS charts?
    That's all I got from it.
    No, I was second actually. On my first ever boss raiding as ret. No to mention I beat my friend.

I was going to come in here and comment, but it looks Requital already crapped all over Dalarius again.

Deleted
    I've not looked at it or any of the other similar AddOns (Destruction for dummies, which is the same but for Locks and DKs I believe) but I hate the idea. You're basically letting the AddOn play the game for you, since you'll end up 'programmed' to just press the button that pops up without even thinking.

Never said it plays the game for you, it just takes out all the fun because all you do is pushing the button when the icon appear, you have nothing else to look at.
    Sure, but if you do that, your fail. Its a rotation helper, it has nothing to do with helping you with situational awareness and basic paladin "do's and donts". Not using this ability because of something happening, not to mention it doesn't really tell you to Sanc, bubble, Loh, bop, Hand, rebuke, etc... And, I've used poweraura before, and personally its always like "fuck whats that glow for". And tbh once you know the paladin rotation, you pretty much know what your doing, clcret just reminds you "hey cast this spell since all your other shits on cd".

It doesn't make you any good.

And also, you could say what you said about ANY combat addon..

You don't need it once you learn what to do but it can help if your a newbie and can't understand the priority order. But it isn't cheating it's a just a little help if you need it. Also eventually you will learn when to ignore CLCret because it isn't always correct because in some situation's it's best to do something different.

Keep in until you can do it with ease in your sleep and then replace it. Same with me and Enraged. Although when you get lost it is nice to see it now and then.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

CLCRet is good, but it's not good to blindly follow it.

A really simple example. Boss gets out of range, CLCRet says it's time to do Crusader strike. Well you can't, he's out of range. So you know to use a judgement, or if Art of War procced, then use Exorcism. CLCRet didn't tell you to do that. But if the boss is in range, you know that the best ability you have to use at that time is Crusader Strike.

It helps good players be better, it doesn't help bad players be good.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post

Every single class and spec has the same tool, it's called SpellFlash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well ... the way I see CLCret is like any other addon that let you know when an ability is off cooldown. It also track your buffs (wings, zealoty, inquisition, guardian, trinket, holy power ...). I also use it to track CD on Rebuke for example so why I should use other addon to track all this if CLCRET does the job ? Also about the addon when I have a proc for EXO I see it ... if I pop wings or the boss is under 20% health I know I can use HoW so the addon is only here to help. The addon exist .. it can track shitload of things and it helps me so I'm not looking at the CD on my bars so why not using it ... get me one good reason. ppl who say crap about this addon just don't know how to use it at his maximum or are just .............