Thread: CLCret

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    I don't know any other spec that has such a tool.
    There are a number of spell priority addons for various classes and specs. CLCinfo is a generic form of CLCret that can be programmed to work with all classes and specs. There is also Ovale that also works for most classes. Healers don't really have rotations so for the most part they are excluded from these type of addons.

As far as my feelings on these types of addons, I think they are a good training tool for learning the rotation of most classes. Of course they are not optimal for every situation and advanced play since they only suggest what to use when, they can not tell you when is the appropriate time to use your cool downs, that is something that requires the player to know, they are definately a useful guide to follow when thing get really hairy during an encounter and your focus is not 100% on your rotation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalarius View Post
    You can have the exact same thing with a well configured PowerAura. .
    a rose by any other name does smell as sweet.

do you just not like the name of the addon? im not sure what youre saying anymore. if you can have the exact same thing, just with a differently named addon....then whats the problem with clcret?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Sure there are people who use the addon like that, but those people will never reach any heroic boss
    We've had tons of threads on this addon already, resulting in the knowledge that many people do not know how the addon should be used.
    Actually, watching some videos of guilds who were 13/13 HMs, I saw some Ret paladins that used CLCRet.

Except that you don't take into account other addons and simply compare to base UI. You can have the exact same thing with a well configured PowerAura. Stop trying to find excuses for using it, if you were good enough would have set a PowerAura or two, centered an action with principal abilities, and some icons for timers, an you don't have the no brained "push this button" part. Saying that it tracks everything is a false excuse for using it, you can obtain the same thing with PowerAura and Dominos, you're just too lazy to think of yourself what to push, even if the rotation is so simple and straightforward.
    Sounds like another butt hurt baddie with no sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Conatzer View Post
    Actually, watching some videos of guilds who were 13/13 HMs, I saw some Ret paladins that used CLCRet.
    That's because the majority of them do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisko View Post
    Sounds like another butt hurt baddie with no sense of humor.
    How would I be a baddie if you haven't seen me playing ? Stop thinking that you're so pro because you can brainlessly follow what an addon tells you.

And I don't get why I need any sence of humor to look at your pic, yeah, you make a point, except that apparently people like you think that there is nothing in between base UI and CLCRet.

---------- Post added 2011-07-12 at 08:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    Actually no you can't straight forward the fact you think you can shows you are misinformed how about quit posting in these threads while you are at it.
    Don't tell me that while being a top end player you don't know with your head what to push in what circumstances... You don't accept the fact that some people don't use such addons because they nullify the fun part of playing. And according to you, people without the same opinion should go away from the thread, nice way to think for a mod.

15+ Year Old Account
    How would I be a baddie if you haven't seen me playing ? Stop thinking that you're so pro because you can brainlessly follow what an addon tells you.

And I don't get why I need any sence of humor to look at your pic, yeah, you make a point, except that apparently people like you think that there is nothing in between base UI and CLCRet.
    Wait a sec. Lets get one thing straight. ALL dps is brainless. Its the other parts of raiding that require intelligent playing. CLCRET is a UI addon for paladins. It helps consolidate things so we can focus on other aspects of raiding. Which is not unlike any other addon. Simply put, ALL addons make the game easier and "less brainy". So, in that sense, yes, clcret helps with brainless dps.

What clcret, and other addons, DONT do is make you do anything. It doesnt make you hit Crusader Strike, it doesnt make you hit TV, it doesnt make you move out of fire, it doesnt make you STOP dpsing so you dont pull aggro. It doesnt do anything, except suggest what the next most optimal thing to do is for dps increase in a consolidated area. To suggest CLCRET or any other addon does anything but HELP in decision making is ludicrous.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Don't tell me that while being a top end player you don't know with your head what to push in what circumstances... You don't accept the fact that some people don't use such addons because they nullify the fun part of playing. And according to you, people without the same opinion should go away from the thread, nice way to think for a mod.
    So basically your argument is, it is more fun to watch your bars for procs (or power auras... how is this different?) First of all, fun is completely subjective. I'm glad you enjoy watching your bars, more power to you. If you are using power auras or some other mod to track procs, congrats, you are using a less functional, harder to configure clcret. There is absolutely no difference. This just shows that the default UI is garbage for tracking cds and procs. Everyone knows this. Are you upset because "lesser skilled" rets (in your mind) are out dpsing you due to clcret? Well it looks like you proved the point that you in fact are less skilled because you dont know the priority as you claim you do(duh, it's full of procs.) Bottom line, clcret is the same as any other mod that assists with procs/cds, except it is even better. Honestly, even with clcret, you are mostly hitting stuff that's off cooldown. DPS rotations are brainless regardless of some mod, the question is do you want to focus most of your attention on your rotation or everything else?

15+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2011-07-12 at 08:51 PM ----------

If it isn't fun for you that is perfectly fine but don't post in a thread about it just whining and complaining about it. I told you to quit posting in this thread because it's a thread about clcret and you apparently know nothing about it and hate it.

For the last time quit insulting me by calling me a mod for these forums!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?