Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

So I benchmarked my computer...

Is there ANYTHING I could POSSIBLY do to this thing that could yield some...positive results?
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really lol >.<
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

10+ Year Old Account
    And yes. that 1.1 was my framerate during the graphics bechmark.

WoW typically runs at 12-8 fps during raids.
    [/url]

Is that a laptop? Because that's not really a graphic card..

Deleted
    No, your processor is too many generations behind to really expect it to compare at all to newer high performance chips.

You've also not actually got a graphics card, the machine is using nothing but a basic integrated chip. That part is easier to remedy, purchasing an actual graphics card.

What benchmark did you use?
    If I could separate me from myself, I'd stay away from me..

Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    That part is easier to remedy, purchasing an actual graphics card.
    Is it? From what I can see it looks like he's probably using a Laptop, based entirely off the 'Mobile' in the chipset name, and as far as I know it's near impossible to 'upgrade' the video card in a Laptop without replacing the motherboard and even if you did that you have to be sure the airflow and cooling is adequate enough to support the more powerful card.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by intensionality View Post
    What benchmark did you use?
    Cinebench. /need10characters
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

T6600 is a mobile CPU. The T gives it away. The C2D desktop CPU names start with E. For example - E8400.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2011-07-01 at 09:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    From what I can see it looks like he's probably using a Laptop, based entirely off the 'Mobile' in the chipset name
    So it is!

But yes, then OP is fucked. The machine wasn't designed for games in mind (as the lack of GPU will clearly show), and its certainly not surprising that it struggles in one of the most CPU demanding games there is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those results look about right :P but what is that tool and why does it have Xeons and Firepros and OpenGL lol? Odd bench.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    So it is!

But yes, then OP is fucked. The machine wasn't designed for games in mind (as the lack of GPU will clearly show), and its certainly not surprising that it struggles in one of the most CPU demanding games there is.
    Isn't Cinebench a benchmark?

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Those results look about right :P but what is that tool and why does it have Xeons and Firepros and OpenGL lol? Odd bench.
    It's Cinebench, a rendering benchmark. Seems obvious workstation cards perform well at this stuff since it's what they're designed for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    Isn't Cinebench a benchmark?
    See this quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by palpableimmunity View Post
    WoW typically runs at 12-8 fps during raids.

Deleted
    See this quote.
    Whoops, guess I missed that.
    /apologise

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's OpenGL nonetheless too so it's not the best benchmark for GPU's, but definitely can show performance in comparison of CPU's. My 2600K gets 10.22 on the CPU portion

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's a laptop. See, I got a laptop for Christmas a year ago. It was great! Ran wow at a solid 40 FPS in Dalaran back in WLK. No lag, no framerate issues, it was awesome. Then, 4 days later, the Hard Drive took a turn fro the worst. Brought it to Futureshop, they said "lol this is dead, we'll get you a new one with the same specs DDDD" So I said "Okay!"

A week passes an I get this thing. They say "It's $100 cheaper and we've added Windows 7 free!" I say "lol sweet deal".

A year passes and I'm only now realizing (After immersing myself in a raid-heavy environment just recently) how cad this thing really is.
    [/url]

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's a laptop. See, I got a laptop for Christmas a year ago. It was great! Ran wow at a solid 40 FPS in Dalaran back in WLK. No lag, no framerate issues, it was awesome. Then, 4 days later, the Hard Drive took a turn fro the worst. Brought it to Futureshop, they said "lol this is dead, we'll get you a new one with the same specs DDDD" So I said "Okay!"

A week passes an I get this thing. They say "It's $100 cheaper and we've added Windows 7 free!" I say "lol sweet deal".

A year passes and I'm only now realizing (After immersing myself in a raid-heavy environment just recently) how cad this thing really is.
    The main problem with laptops is that their hardware is typically so performance limiting because of the limited power design. This results in decline of performance quickly because of the limited hardware performance. Your laptop is more intended for work based applications such as basic web browsing, email, spreadsheets, documents lol..

Deleted
    Yeah, it's a laptop.
    Which is also part of the problem. In the OP you're comparing laptop components to desktop components.

A laptop has to work with power restrictions that typically sit between 60W to 90W, which includes the screen.

A desktop commonly works with 300W to 400W, without the screen.

That extra power simply allows it to drive components that are so much stronger/faster. They're not quite as efficient (less power per wattage), but much more powerful nonetheless.

10+ Year Old Account
    They really need to make a laptop which can run full-horsepower components when plugged into an AC outlet. Ask yourself, how often do laptop-users find themselves GAMING while running on battery? The majority simply transport their laptops between home, work, friends, etc - almost always you're always near an AC outlet. So once you plug that baby in, the laptop should let loose 250-300w+ power and be able to run juicy components like i5 2400/2500's and GTX570's at full performance. The rest of the time it should run in super-power-saver mode.

But then there's the problem of cooling...hmm...how to cool these chips with such flat heatsinks @_@
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    300W to power a 2500k and a GTX570? No chance.
    It's about 350W. Maybe 400W on a high end system.