Poll: Is Patch 4.2 worth resubscribing to WoW?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Arent View Post
    I'd wait for 4.3 and let the content pile up
    Or, wait for 5.0 and level 90.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Poll needs a maybe option

The good
    New dailys - i actually think it's fun competing for quest mobs with horde
    New tier set which so far has meant lots of good geared players in LFD so you can blast through ZG/ZA
    Punting turtles back in the sea!

The bad
    It will take you 3 days to unlock more than 3 dailys
    Even when you have unlocked the molten front you can still do them in 10 minutes
    A raid instance you won't see if you're not raiding at all

I play mostly for social reasons and the new dailys is something to do while talking to people but i would probably be disappointed if i had resubbed just for them

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't raid, no, not in the least, you're better off saving your money. A lot better.

If you do, it might be, depending on how you like your raids served, which is essentially "over easy" imo.

In all seriousness however, I don't think it is worth it. You're not coming back to anything different, save maybe for the lore. And you're in for what seems to be a two month grind, and not much else.

So, I would most assuredly tell you to save your money at the moment, but in the end it is up to you.

Edit: I have to admit, waiting for the content to pile up, is a pretty decent idea lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just recently got a month game time myself, right now it's pretty fun doing the Firelands dailies, eager to see the next phase of it all, and just simply enjoying the environment inside Firelands. Can't wait to start raiding again either.

Technically the molten front dailies *should* be fun...but they just don't feel like it. For whatever reason, Blizzard hasn't been able to capture that exciting feeling of a new Quel'Danas -- which i feel is the most appropriate comparison to 4.2. I never raided Sunwell, but I felt like it was a huge moment for WoW, and I loved doing the dailies and bashing our heads against Heroic Magisters Terrace.

In this case, I will raid Firelands (normal) and not really care too much; the dailies are over in 20 mins and I barely read the flavor text the first time through.

We as a player base might have matured (or are jaded enough) so that we can't ever approach a new world event without cynical eyes. But honestly, a 6+ month wait for this content was disappointing. I took 4 mos off, came back 2 weeks ago to see 4.2 and i've unsubscribed already. 4.3 better be an Ulduar-quality level patch, otherwise I doubt i'll ever come back...diablo3, rift, sw:tor, gw2... so much choice come late 2011.

The Patient Mountain Called Monkey's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you raid? If so, then yes

If you like to do dailies, then yes, but you have to have a ton of patience too

If you like 5-man content and social stuff, but your guild still lacks organization for raids, even the nerfed ones, then no

Not much has changed with 4.2 unless you raid
    There were no screams, there was no time
    The mountain called Monkey had spoken
    It was only fire and then, nothing

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Lucien (from The Sandman) says it best: "value is in the mind of the buyer, not the seller"

Is 4.2 "worth it" for me? I wouldn't know, I'm subscribing for all content, and see the patch as part of the game that I won't be touching for quiet some time (am hit by the alt-leveling disease... again). As far as I am concerned, this patch plays no role in my enjoyment of the game.
    "Oh yay! Happy little deer!
    Now they can grow up and have ADVENTURES.
    You're swell. "

- Mylune
    (aww... she said I'm swell <3 )

Alright then it's been decided for me at least. I won't be resubscribing again until the next expansion, if I even decide to subscribe then. Thanks for all the input! Feel free to keep discussing the pros and cons of this patch and its play-ability if you wish.

See you all in the real world.