is there any point for resto druids to do the dailies?

like the tittle say, i been looking at all the vendor and there is nothing for resto druids in there. so what is the point besides pets?

Deleted
    Yeah, the gear from the molten front dailies are really poor. But the only really worthful stuff from avengers of hyjal are the cloak and the rings. Like the trinkets? pfff.
    I'm just doing it once for the mount and the title. But if there is one thing worth considering buying, it is the belt, except there isn't any spirit on it, the other stats are pretty good.

yea but besided that belt that is not made for resto, there is nothing else and the gear from avengers of hyjal has nothing to do with the new dailies in molten front, you get that rep from firelands

10+ Year Old Account
    You can do it for something other than loots! :O I like the kinda of story line progression and the lore of Leyara, the flame druids, and Fandral - Though sadly a lot of people don't share my view of lore =/

i like the story but i would also like to get some gear at the end of so many dailies lol, i just feel that they thought about the gear the vendors sold very poorly

Mount, Title, Gold and Achievements. What else could you ask for? <-- Those are all clearly better than gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you look at the gear guide we can get a belt, the AoH honored one is better but use until then.
    We also get a ring, the only other rings are off shan, VP, and AoH exalted.
    We get an OH, only other is off Shan.
    We get a relic, to use until we want to blow VP on it.
    The trinket isn't very good, but will also be a good one if you have core, alch trinket, something like that. DMC:T, Doll, FoM, and ofc WoE will stay until you can get Jaws or Eye.

The daily rewards are only 365, they are ment to be placeholders until raid, rep, or vp gear.

Just because it doesn't have spi does not make it bad for resto. That's a horrible habit to get into if you ONLY take spi gear, you wil miss out on a lot of stats.

Depends on what you have. I was using the Yellow Smoke Pendant as my necklace, so the nightweaver's amulet was a nice upgrade; no, it doesn't have spirit, but the high intellect was nice and I had crap before. Given that, the 365 intellect/haste/mastery necklace was a rather nice upgrade for me (more intellect, more mastery, trade crit for haste). Similarly, the belt could be a decent upgrade if you have something rather terrible (though since you can get a nice 359 spirit belt from the Twilight Highlands faction, that's pretty unlikely). I'm also still using the Therazane intellect ring, so the 365 caster ring (Calling the Ancients) will be a nice upgrade for me (my other ring is the 359 ex-valor ring, so that's not an option).

... and yes, I know that spirit gear is going to be better. But Intellect provides so much of worth that I have not found it worthwhile to use significantly lower level items just to get spirit, and any item I get without spirit instantly gets reforged so that it has at least a little bit, and the majority of my pieces do have spirit natively, it's only a few items that don't (4 of my items, specifically: neck, bracers, cloak, boots).

The stuff from the dailies isn't intended to be raid level gear, it's intended to be something to put on prior to starting T12 raiding. It will naturally be weaker than valor point gear and anything that drops in the Firelands. If you're not geared from T11, the molten front stuff is nice if for no other reason than it has a ton of intellect you won't have from your 333/346 blues. Once you get into Firelands, you can get some proper spirit-based gear.

Edit: or Myrrar could could in and say it in a much better form :-P

15+ Year Old Account
    the daily's should be done by any druid tbh, the druid lore is awsome in there
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

I agree with Myrrar re: spirit, as the healers in my guild have the same reaction as the OP. It would be like me as a boomkin saying a piece of gear isn't an upgrade because it doesn't have haste. Well, hit/mastery is also a powerful combo for me, and I can always reforge.

In short: if you get spirit, fine. If you don't, reforge. But int is still the most valuable stat.

I started doing the dailies they were entertaining. Some of the gear is nice stat upgrades I believe there was a neck with a nice amount of crit and haste on it. Being that I was at my current haste cap I reforged some of it off into spirt. The gains over throw what little spirt I lose.
    Last edited by s4mrotte; 2011-07-04 at 10:10 AM.

Deleted
    Tbh the AoE honoured belt is growing on me, as are both the caster rings, assuming I can equip both.

That said, on topic I'm really only doing the dailies for achievement's.

Quote Originally Posted by Gertrude View Post
    Tbh the AoE honoured belt is growing on me, as are both the caster rings, assuming I can equip both.

That said, on topic I'm really only doing the dailies for achievement's.
    Why would you equip a ring with hit on it? The 378 rings will be much better than the second reputation ring.

Otherwise, I too only do them for fun, pets and achievements.

pro tip: though the rep gear might not be awesome for resto druids, it IS great for other heals, therefore, there is NO REASON we should NOT have first pick of raid trinkets ect.
    None whatsoever in my mind.

Raid leaders and master looters pay attention, do not hand those passive int trinkets to another heals class >.<
    They can get the rep spirit trinkets that are abysmal for resto druids.

If you fail in this, a bear will steal your girlfriend, a mountain lion will eat your father, and a ...wtf is the swim form anyhow?
    Well, whatev's, it will date your Mom, and you will have to call it Dad after the mountain lion eats your father.
    So tell the hpriest to jog on (to the rep dealer to get the spirit trinket), and pass the int trinket to the resto druid.
    That is all
    "OP might be on to somthing. I once walked past an alley and I saw atleast 4 Blizz employees beating a man that had on a Rift T-Shirt. They started shouting racial slurs that had no relevance to the man himself and when they were done... they dropped a 2 month prepaid card on his bleeding, beaten body...." Zonas

Deleted
    i share your pain... Shadow priest here.... also not much gear to get through daily's en firelands drops ar mostly worthless to... retarded itemisation..

@ poster above me.... your a selfish fail... : /
    Last edited by mmocc8a4e91472; 2011-07-05 at 01:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is their any reason for a holy priest to do raids?

10+ Year Old Account
    - If you find any grammar/sentence structure/wording mistakes in my posts, please PM them to me, thanks -
    I don't know where to begin... :P

OT, I thought the Avengers were only gained from the raid? or do you get access to them when you open up the new parts of the Sanctuary?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    Why would you equip a ring with hit on it? The 378 rings will be much better than the second reputation ring.
    None of the 4 rings listed in the "BiS" list at the bottom of the resto sticky have any haste on them at all, so the 173 haste on the 391 dps ring is just an easy option, not a dead cert, as I'll obviously be getting the rep regardless and it will more depend on my need to balance haste on w/e upgrades i may or may not get in the meantime.
    Last edited by mmoc68ea15c517; 2011-07-05 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Moonkin View Post
    You can do it for something other than loots! :O I like the kinda of story line progression and the lore of Leyara, the flame druids, and Fandral - Though sadly a lot of people don't share my view of lore =/
    Blizzard doesn't care much about lore. Why should I? And even if I DID care about the lore, I don't think I could care enough to cover the failure of this patch.

1. A redundent quest line (Elemental Bonds). Kill non-aggro elementals in Uldum, kill non-aggro elementals in Vash, rinse-repeat two more times, get free epics that Blizzard swore would never happen.
    2. A clone of the Argent Tournament dailies in a different location for more free epics.
    3. A raid that was beaten on normal mode two days after it was released. It would have been beaten on heroic by now if blizz allowed it.

Before the patch I farmed dailies and raided one or two nights a week. After the patch I...farm different dailies and raid one or two nights a week. Big change Blizz, way to go.