10+ Year Old Account

Is a Mouseover + Modifier Macro Possible?

I play a Mage, and recently spec'd Fire. I really enjoy using this mouseover macro for Living Bomb

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover,harm,nodead,exists] Living bomb; Living Bomb

It helps me get LB on additional targets without losing my initial target. My question is, can I integrate a modifier with this mouseover macro so that when I don't use a modifier, it does the mouseover Living Bomb and when I press shift, it casts Combustion? I tried the following macro, but it doesn't work, can anyone assist me with this?

#showtooltip
    /cast [nomod] [target=mouseover,harm,nodead,exists] Living bomb; Living Bomb
    /cast [mod:shift] Combustion

Thanks for taking a look.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-07-03 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Don't indent whole posts

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift] Combustion; [target=mouseover,harm,nodead,exists] Living bomb; Living Bomb

now it works

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolHwip46 View Post
    I play a Mage, and recently spec'd Fire. I really enjoy using this mouseover macro for Living Bomb

#showtooltip/cast [target=mouseover,harm,nodead,exists] Living bomb; Living Bomb

It helps me get LB on additional targets without losing my initial target. My question is, can I integrate a modifier with this mouseover macro so that when I don't use a modifier, it does the mouseover Living Bomb and when I press shift, it casts Combustion? I tried the following macro, but it doesn't work, can anyone assist me with this?

#showtooltip
    /cast [nomod] [target=mouseover,harm,nodead,exists] Living bomb; Living Bomb
    /cast [mod:shift] Combustion

Thanks in advance.

After looking at my post, do I need to put [nomod] on the first line of the macro?
    if you put the nomod in a separate bracket, it will be checked separately from the mouseover bracket, that's why the macro doesn't work. It probably casts LB on what ever target you have?

this should work:

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift] Combustion; [@mouseover, harm, nodead][] Living Bomb

notes:
    -harm includes exists, so no need for both.
    -if you put Combustion first, there's no need for a nomod; the macro checks the brackets in a row and takes the first one that returns true.
    -the empty brackets replace the "; LB" part at the end, this bracket will always be true, obviously, so LB is cast normally when none of the first brackets is true.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-07-03 at 10:30 PM. Reason: cleanup after copying from ask it

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome, I'm gonna try this as soon as I get home from work tonight! Thanks Destard!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolHwip46 View Post
    Awesome, I'm gonna try this as soon as I get home from work tonight! Thanks Destard!
    Though both macros will do the exact same, mine's cleaner :P