What MMO has the best Magic?

The state of magic has me down.Its turned into just a form of Rdps.What MMO would you guys say has the best magic system?

Asheron's call. The game has a very very deep magic system. Used to be deeper before they got rid of the spell research in the game.

I select from the limited pool of MMO's I've played, but Runescape has 3 separate spellbooks, with one focusing entirely on useful non-combat magic. the skill is so versatile even players of the other classes are encouraged to level it too for its uses in almost any situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I don't remember there being classes in Runescape?

Or are you saying self defined classes

10+ Year Old Account
    Well an old game called Dark Ages(not DAOC) had an interesting mage system. You didn't learn skills by your level but rather you increased your stats to qualify for a specific skill. Because monsters and other players could be strong against one type of magic you would specialize in two, because three or four required too many different stats.

Then you had your weak version of the spell, the normal version, the strong version, and AoE that follows the same lines. You would have to use your spells often to rank them up to increase their damage and chance to hit. Even at the maximum level it was a game of chance at times with the AoE hitting what you wanted it to hit. At higher levels you learned the ability for dark magic but mostly went for the AoE for it's power. Then you would find out what the enemy is weak against and use that type of magic. Also the stronger spells took longer to cast and a lot more mana, so your weaker spells don't become useless the second you get the stronger spell.

It was annoying but also interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played Dark Ages. Modern MMORPG players would cry if they were subjected to its playstyle.