Thread: Sony Vioa F12

Deleted

Sony Vioa F12

Hi guys some tips jsut purchased the sony Viao VPCF12M0E Basic spec is I7 Q740 1.73ghz 4gb ram 520gb HD Nvidia GT330m 1Gb Card 16.9 Screen, Will it be sufficent to run wow fluently with good settings.?

Also 1 thing do fans constantly stay on with laptops mine dont seem to go off much

Some responses would be nice

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Probebly even on High to Max settings with 40+ fps in raids.

Deleted
    Also is there like a turbo boost for these laptops to perform at high end when gaming then turn it off once back down to normal browsing etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daani View Post
    Also is there like a turbo boost for these laptops to perform at high end when gaming then turn it off once back down to normal browsing etc
    Yes, the main processor core of the computer will top something like.. i believe 3200MHz.

Edit:

Max Turbo Frequency
    2.93 GHz
    Source: http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=49024
    Last edited by Evolixe; 2011-07-03 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Yes. Probebly even on High to Max settings with 40+ fps in raids.
    U wont get max settings, water on fair/normal and shadows on the 3nd/3rd options tops, and u will not get 40~60 all the time... bottleneck is the GPU...

And I pretty sure that is Sony Vaio:P
    Last edited by Pancho; 2011-07-03 at 11:30 PM.

Deleted
    so is this something it happens itself or needs to be activated

---------- Post added 2011-07-04 at 12:38 AM ----------

what u mean by bottleneck? lol but will i beable to raid proper in decent settings? and any info if the turbo mode kicks in itself?

so is this something it happens itself or needs to be activated

---------- Post added 2011-07-04 at 12:38 AM ----------

what u mean by bottleneck? lol but will i beable to raid proper in decent settings? and any info if the turbo mode kicks in itself?
    10 mans no problem, 25 u may have cut on some addons and spell settings but dont worry u wont need min everything

(some of the new effects are GPU intensive, an example would be the new dogs (hellhounds I think)...)

Deleted
    i logged on just now frames in trash run firelands were like 20 but my game is still downloading does that effect it? also graphics didnt seems sharp was dull i knw its not the greatest card but im sure its still decent

Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    U wont get max settings, water on fair/normal and shadows on the 3nd/3rd options tops, and u will not get 40~60 all the time... bottleneck is the GPU...

And I pretty sure that is Sony Vaio:P
    It can handle shadows and water on ultra no probs, what kills it is high view distance and high ground clutter.

Deleted
    but does fps drop when you are still downloading game data... ,y screen is full 1080p but the graphics seem but dull and foggy type not cutting clear

---------- Post added 2011-07-04 at 01:32 AM ----------

any answers to the above thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zox View Post
    It can handle shadows and water on ultra no probs, what kills it is high view distance and high ground clutter.
    well its a combination of both (and good example would nagrand cuz for some reason every cluter on ground, grass, little stones etc, cast a shadow :x)

but does fps drop when you are still downloading game data... ,y screen is full 1080p but the graphics seem but dull and foggy type not cutting clear

---------- Post added 2011-07-04 at 01:32 AM ----------

any answers to the above thanks
    are u playing on the screen native resolution?

10+ Year Old Account
    what u mean by bottleneck?
    A bottleneck is pretty much what slows everything down, or decreases overall performance, no matter how good everything else is. Take a 1 liter bucket, fill it with water and turn it upside-down. It will empty very quickly, in less than a second. But now take a 1 liter bottle, fill it with water and turn it upside down. It will take a few seconds to empty, because the water has to go through that (relatively) tiny hole. No matter how wide and large the bottle itself is, it won't empty quicker because the opening is so small. That's a bottleneck.

What this means in this case, is that your CPU and almost everything in your computer is good enough to handle WoW on very good settings. But your GPU isn't really good enough, so only because of your GPU, you won't get as good performance as your other components is capable of. Oh but don't start hating your GPU because of this, the GPU is a bottleneck for most players. WoW is very GPU-intense.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

Deleted
    What do u mean by native screen? Also can I upgrade the graphics card?

Be prepared for an EXTREMELY annoying and loud fan if you get a vaio. Annoys the hell out of me

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi guys some tips jsut purchased the sony Viao VPCF12M0E Basic spec is I7 Q740 1.73ghz 4gb ram 520gb HD Nvidia GT330m 1Gb Card 16.9 Screen, Will it be sufficent to run wow fluently with good settings.?

Also 1 thing do fans constantly stay on with laptops mine dont seem to go off much

Some responses would be nice
    A sensible person would figure that kind of stuff before buying a new comp. This just seems like 'Hey look at me and my shiny laptop...'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    A sensible person would figure that kind of stuff before buying a new comp. This just seems like 'Hey look at me and my shiny laptop...'
    Well well.. no need to be rude..

For all we now, he might not even have gotten the computer to play wow with. But it would be a nice feat?

You can run everything on ultra except for shadows maybe. I use the same GPU, turned ground cluttering and shadows to min.. rest to ultra.

WoW is more CPU based than it is GPU based though, in a raid.. you could have the fastest GPU in the world.. but you would still get 10fps if your CPU is crap

However, if you turn everything to the lowest setting, you could have an integrated GPU with the newest gen i7 and run wow at 30+ fps nps

10+ Year Old Account
    Why did you buy a laptop to play games on? The fans are most likely going to be working the majority of the time you are using it, it will get quite hot even then - so avoid having it on your lap - place it on a table or desktop...oh dear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riff View Post
    Why did you buy a laptop to play games on? The fans are most likely going to be working the majority of the time you are using it, it will get quite hot even then - so avoid having it on your lap - place it on a table or desktop...oh dear.
    He never said he specifically bought it to play games on.

What do u mean by native screen? Also can I upgrade the graphics card?
    native resolution is the resolution that matchs the screen size, if u have 1024x600 pixels in the screen the native resolution is 1024x600 at 800x600 the image will look kinda blured