Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Lack of spirit on cloth gear in Firelands

What's everyone else's stance on this? Seems like all the drops in the firelands have no spirit on it besides the tier set.

For me, my mana regen seems fine as it is, and I don't even have the best gear. I don't find myself even needing to use some of my mana regen abilities. The only downside I'm seeing towards the lack of spirit, is that the roll on the gear will be alot wider. No more "Priest gets this since it has spirit on it" anymore cause nothing has spirit. If we had tons more Spirit however, then our mana might become unlimited like it seemed in late WotLK.

This topic was already stretched out in this locked thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...h-spirit-drops

The opinions in sum (whether they are valid or not):
    A. This isn't fair, other armor classes have plenty of drops with spirit.
    B. This is a nerf to priest mana gen, though the opinion on how much varies.
    C. It's going to be a pain because any spirit gear we get must be from a vendor. A lot of it also has crit, ew.
    D. There's more spirit per piece of gear, so we don't need spirit on as many pieces as we did for 4.0 raids.
    E. It's going to take priests longer to gear up than other healing classes.
    F. It's one of the ways to keep priests from getting into Wrath level mana gen so they can't go back to bubble and FH spamming.
    G: WAH. I WANT MY SPIRIT. WAH.
    H. Now we have to roll against DPS on non-spirit gear! (Nvm that DPS rolled on spirit gear before.)

Pretty much every counter you can think of to every single one of those is already in that thread. Read it through if you like. I'd suggest against lengthening this thread any longer since it's been covered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Power Torrent, Volcano and Theralion proc'ed, dots just refreshed. Everyone dies. Just a tank and a boss with around 200k hp. Everyone in vt yells "omg we failed omg omg" and you "don't worry amigos, my dots are steamrolling!". Boss dies while you'd say "Enjoy your loots" with a lot of purple awesomness spilling thru your voice. Just happend yesterday.

Seriously, i thought i'd reroll warlock for 4.2, but that was the sign that i'm purple inside and i can't reroll. never.

another possibility we didn't touch on but that occurred to me later on is that this is an attempt to make cloth drops more 'generic'. Note that in the same way firelands drops are devoid of cloth with spirit, they're also missing cloth with hit. Mages locks and shadowpriests are complaining just as loudly as we are on this one.

For the spirit/hit stuff you have to see a rep or vp vendor, maybe your local craftsman. So now you need generic tokens that ALL clothies can make use of to get your optimal itemization, be it + spirit or + hit.

I think blizzard wanted to make drops generic and useful for everyone. Clothies are over-represented in the game's population right now.

Eh, I personally think it has more to do with there are only 7 bosses in this raid tier. They are just more restricted in what they can have drop and as a solution they decided to use crafting and vendor gear to fill in the holes. Also, it makes professions a little more relevant. Just my experience of course

Deleted
    The opinions in sum (whether they are valid or not):
    A. This isn't fair, other armor classes have plenty of drops with spirit.
    B. This is a nerf to priest mana gen, though the opinion on how much varies.
    C. It's going to be a pain because any spirit gear we get must be from a vendor. A lot of it also has crit, ew.
    D. There's more spirit per piece of gear, so we don't need spirit on as many pieces as we did for 4.0 raids.
    E. It's going to take priests longer to gear up than other healing classes.
    F. It's one of the ways to keep priests from getting into Wrath level mana gen so they can't go back to bubble and FH spamming.
    G: WAH. I WANT MY SPIRIT. WAH.
    H. Now we have to roll against DPS on non-spirit gear! (Nvm that DPS rolled on spirit gear before.)
    I. YAY throughput-gear for me!
    There were some positive opinions aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Schnappi View Post
    There were some positive opinions aswell.
    I stand corrected. =)
    Power Torrent, Volcano and Theralion proc'ed, dots just refreshed. Everyone dies. Just a tank and a boss with around 200k hp. Everyone in vt yells "omg we failed omg omg" and you "don't worry amigos, my dots are steamrolling!". Boss dies while you'd say "Enjoy your loots" with a lot of purple awesomness spilling thru your voice. Just happend yesterday.

Seriously, i thought i'd reroll warlock for 4.2, but that was the sign that i'm purple inside and i can't reroll. never.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Eh, I personally think it has more to do with there are only 7 bosses in this raid tier. They are just more restricted in what they can have drop and as a solution they decided to use crafting and vendor gear to fill in the holes. Also, it makes professions a little more relevant. Just my experience of course
    BoT had 4 bosses, had a mixture of all gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gamebreaking and will not continue if it's not fixed.

The way I see it, there is more spirit per piece of gear on the new items and in order to prevent healers just going regen crazy, they just decided to limit the number of pieces with spirit on it. Doesn't seem to unlikely to me, we've seen before how giving healers too much regen can cause issues later on in content.

Quote Originally Posted by Penric View Post
    BoT had 4 bosses, had a mixture of all gear.
    BoT was released at the same time as Tot4W and BWD. BoT had a mixture of all gear... except wands and various other niche pieces. That was covered by all the other raids. Not to mention that the gear from BoT was not optimal for many specs.

If BoT had been released alone, you'd see the same issues that are coming up with Firelands loot tables. Too many niches to cover, very few bosses to drop something for everyone. Since priests are the only ones that use cloth spirit, it makes sense to put cloth that all 3 cloth classes can use in the limited loot tables.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bypass View Post
    the way i see it, there is more spirit per piece of gear on the new items and in order to prevent healers just going regen crazy, they just decided to limit the number of pieces with spirit on it. Doesn't seem to unlikely to me, we've seen before how giving healers too much regen can cause issues later on in content.
    only for cloth???:???>!>!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    thats the thing, if it were for all healers then it would be easier to swallow, but to single the priests out seems a bit odd.

Blizzard's defense:
    But you have reforging now!
    'nuff said.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    Obviously Holy Concentration is absurdly overpowered, so they had to nerf Holy Priests somehow. Didn't you seem them constantly dominate the logs, spamming Rejuvenation and Wild Growth?
    Wait...

I'm sure all the priests starting Heroic mode next weeks are looking up to all those cloth drops. Let's not forget the upgrades from firestones vendor, all one of them.
    Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuziza View Post
    If BoT had been released alone, you'd see the same issues that are coming up with Firelands loot tables. Too many niches to cover, very few bosses to drop something for everyone. Since priests are the only ones that use cloth spirit, it makes sense to put cloth that all 3 cloth classes can use in the limited loot tables.
    Thankfully there's enough bosses there to make items like Spirit Axe. And somehow making items for 1 spec of a healer (gee, who could that be) which isn't shared by anything else is a good thing, while making items 2 healing specs and 1 dps spec would be bad. Hmmm...
    Last edited by KaPe; 2011-07-04 at 01:37 PM.

healers always take dps stuff anyways so does it really matter? they just get their op regen trinkets anyways

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkroberts View Post
    healers always take dps stuff anyways so does it really matter? they just get their op regen trinkets anyways
    I think you're confusing 5 mans with Firelands raid - or maybe some PUG trash farm runs. I'd also like to see those "op regen trinkets". Last time I checked my mana wasn't infinite, and we haven't even started Heroic modes.

I find this frustrating as well, however we still have all our tier gear. So tier drops technically would be spirit gear and our tier is amazing. I'm planning on rushing to two piece with valor, crafting the boots and bracers and keeping my trinkets regen.

Honestly it's kind of good since we know exactly how we are getting our upgrades instead of having to rely on drops. I know for a fact that when I get enough valor I am going to have a lot of my final pieces that can be upgraded later with a heroic crystal majig.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lootasisew View Post
    Honestly it's kind of good since we know exactly how we are getting our upgrades instead of having to rely on drops. I know for a fact that when I get enough valor I am going to have a lot of my final pieces that can be upgraded later with a heroic crystal majig.
    Bracers and crafts don't upgrade, only wand. Everybody gains VP, so everyone can buy their pieces at the same rate as we do, with added bonus of boss drops. There's nothing "kind of good" about it.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Bracers and crafts don't upgrade, only wand. Everybody gains VP, so everyone can buy their pieces at the same rate as we do, with added bonus of boss drops. There's nothing "kind of good" about it.
    But we don't have to rely on random drops. I am still waiting for a damn epic helmet! I guess I'm seeing the silver lining of knowing my pace of gearing ahead of time?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)