Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Sitting infront of the computer makes your brain work instead of slowing it down.
    What I normally do is I drink a glass of milk, put on some movie with the volume really low. Make the room pitch black except for the TV and then close your eyes. Put a pillow case in the fridge for a while and then use it. I LOVE COLD PILLOWS <3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodah View Post
    Lots of booze. Im about aready to pass out myself..
    Oh god, this is a bad bad idea:P At least for me..

Every time I go to sleep drunk without first sobering up to acceptable levels, I'll wake up at night a few times still feeling drunk and have a horrible dizzy hangover in the morning in addition to being tired for not enough sleep.

10+ Year Old Account
    have a fap.

---------- Post added 2011-07-04 at 05:46 PM ----------

also, queensland, hell yeah /brofist

Quote Originally Posted by Rukah View Post
    have a fap.

This. It releases hormones that make you sleepy.
    Also what works for me is turning off the lights and listening to a podcast. the sound of people having a conversation in the dark makes me sleepy, without the lights of a TV show or movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    obv the OP has gone to sleep as he hasn't replied yet...

Just wait, you've no reason to panic.

I was just up for 50 hours while camping in the woods, slept for 15 hours when I came home, after a lot of physical activity.
    'To laugh at your own mistakes can lengthen your life, but to laugh at the mistakes of others can shorten it.'

Deleted
    Head + Baseball bat = You'll wake up 12 hours later.
    Side effects may include the following:
    Wtf happened statements and bleeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    Mary jane doesnt work well with me, the first time i had a hit, i freaked out and started going all end of the world insane, had to be tranq'd, no thanks

Ive been for a ride already and nothing so far
    Well.. i was gonna say go with Mary Jane but since you'll freak out, just do some very very very boring stuff. works for me!

I once had a redbull (first time!) and was awake for 48h.. i almost went mental lol
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Take the date rape drug. Works fine!

Oh wow, 34 hours!? This calls for extreme measures. MAXIMUM STRENGTH LULLABY GO! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj81MSkf5tg
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    Got to bed. Get in to a relaxed position. Close your eyes. Repeat the sound "eye-yam" in you mind until you fall asleep.

If your mind wanders and you think of something else, that's cool...just switch your full focus back to repeating the sound.

The ultimate goal is not to repeat the sound - the ultimate goal is to always return to the sound when you realise you've wandered.

Saying the sound fast or slow, synchronise with your breathing or not...none of it matters...do what comes naturaly...you don't have to have perfect intonation...the only thing that matters is returning to making the sound.
    Last edited by mmoc1be39d8ac1; 2011-07-04 at 05:18 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you ever have trouble going too sleep. Just work out during the day. Running, jogging, lifting weights etc. Using your energy is the best way for a good night sleep.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    This is apparently actually true. Orgasm is apparently many times more effective than horse tranquilizers according to some random show I was watching on History Channel or something like that.
    I once read an interview of Sir Edmund Hillary - in the interview he revealed that he'd been advised by a doctor to crack one out if he had trouble sleeping due to the cold...as the orgasm stimulates the release of hormones that send you to sleep.

A medicinal wank...has a certain charm about it :-)

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukah View Post
    obv the OP has gone to sleep as he hasn't replied yet...
    He replied about 5 posts above yours...

But I do agree. "Have a fap". It works wonders.

If you ever have trouble going too sleep. Just work out during the day. Running, jogging, lifting weights etc. Using your energy is the best way for a good night sleep.
    This is good advice. Just don't follow the advice of people telling you to go run an hour before you want to fall asleep. This is typically the worst thing you can do. The only time physical activity will wear you out that fast, is if you normally do extremely minimal amounts of activity (read: are very lazy)
    Last edited by skylla05; 2011-07-04 at 06:03 PM.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

erm while all the above comments (well most of them) will work, try to lay down in the dark and closing your eyes :P and not startin at a screen for a few hours hoping youll get bored and fall asleep,

Ive got a mate exactly like this, "pssst I cant sleep",
    "Well turn the bloody light and television off -.-"
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Should have called the police on the neighbors. Try melatonin if you really need to sleep legally. Otherwise, some herb always relaxes me off to sleep.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Go to wikipedia. Click on anything. Read. Click whatever link in the text that sounds the most boring. Read. Repeat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    Pretty sure the OP is like knocked out now xD
    Hahahaha - you sayin' our advice is boring?