A simple Paladin Rotation.

This is meant to be a simple rotation and can not be used for every situation. This is just showcasing the basics with massive crits and showing off some burst damage. This video will not get you to the top of the dps charts on Ragnaros, nor will it get you 3200 MMR, but if you are rerolling a paladin, or you are a noob then it might help you out.

Plus the music is awesome.

Please thumbs up the video if you thought it was helpful, and if you realize that it was a "simple rotation." Also thumb up if you are a pro paladin and you did not learn anything, but enjoyed the music.

...not really. I'll assume you meant pvp though.

PVP: there is no "rotation" since you will be using 90% of your HP on WoG, your rotation is *chase*-CS-*chace*-CS-*chace*-CS-WoG repeat.
    for damage, pop GoAK, wait 10 seconds, pop wings and zealot and trinkets, go to town. You wait 10 seconds for your GoAK stacks to get to max.

PvE: There were multiple problems if that was a PvE rotation. You start your fights 99% of the time (fights with a BL at start are slightly different) by pulling with pre-pot and GoAK, pop zealot and AW on your first 3HP, then its a priority system. Inq > TV(3 HP) > CS > TV (DP) > HoW > Exo > judge > Holy Wrath > Cons
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

No. It's wrong, as the other fellow has pointed out in detail.
    The priorities are just wrong. You're making an instructional video, to instruct people how to do things wrong.

so what your saying is there is no rotation for pvp, and your pve rotation is basically what i said but a little tweaked.

this was meant to be a simple display of the rotation to give some base lines. for you to say there is no rotation is just fucking dumb, excuse my language, but you dont go into a fight not knowing what order to press buttons. Thanks for adding that you spam wog, thats situational. and the rest of your comment is restating what i said.

Keep this topic civil
    ~Fiddlesnarf
    Last edited by Fiddlesnarf; 2011-07-04 at 02:49 PM.

I honestly think there's too much regarding Paladin Tanking to even consider having only one standard rotation.

By all means, you can definitely make one like you did, but make sure to let them know this might not be the best fit for them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clemery View Post
    I honestly think there's too much regarding Paladin Tanking to even consider having only one standard rotation.

By all means, you can definitely make one like you did, but make sure to let them know this might not be the best fit for them.
    So what you got from this video was that he's talking a prot paladin rotation?

Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    Erm excuse me. I meant Ret rotations. Had tanking on my mind for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by t3hj0j0 View Post
    PvE: There were multiple problems if that was a PvE rotation. You start your fights 99% of the time (fights with a BL at start are slightly different) by pulling with pre-pot and GoAK, pop zealot and AW on your first 3HP, then its a priority system. Inq > TV(3 HP) > CS > TV (DP) > HoW > Exo > judge > Holy Wrath > Cons
    And 98% of starts like those i end up with using divine shield or dying because of agro

There is a huge difference between a rotation and a priority system.

"A little tweeked" is the difference between knowing what to do and hitting things when they come off cool down..

A lot of people spend a lot of time optimising the spell choices to get the maximum possible dps and so suggesting something different, while not necessarily 'wrong' it is not optimal and that is what most people are striving to. I suggest reading up a little on EJ or similar first.

Finally most people do not go into a fight knowing what order they will do anything in, since there are too many variables and procs to handle. They will know the ideal start and what to do in all the most common situations but for most of the fight they are simply choosing the best possible option given what has proc'd, what has cooled down and most importantly what is going on in the fight e.g. adds, burn phase, movement phase survival phase etc.

In all honesty I would have watched your video to see what it was like and comment on the production quality and make some constructive / encouraging comments to balance out what was above but you seem to have been quite rude to the other people that did so I don't think it would help.

I'm not even sure there was much in the way of instruction in there. Bunch of really annoying music and credits that were nearly as long as the video it's self. With the amount of content you displayed, a picture would have been better. Like others have pointed out, you're also fairly inaccurate. "Start with buffs"... what buffs? Then you go from simple mention of use Crusader Strike to WALL OF TEXTS with a bunch of random details.

Next video you make, take some time to actually make a decent video please and perhaps learn the rotation well enough to explain it to others. Just because you want a 'simple' video doesn't mean you aren't allowed to explain anything. A good idea would perhaps be explaining how Holy Power works, ie generate with CS and finish with Inq/TV (sometimes WoG). Then discuss what you do between CS. Finally a second part to explain the CD rotation. However, by this time brains may already be mush from the music and/or credit sequence and you should have pointed them to EJ guides or a guide on MMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by franto View Post
    And 98% of starts like those i end up with using divine shield or dying because of agro
    QFT. I stopped prepotting because it's most likely useless on most pulls. However, I DO apply Inquisition on the first HP. Is it generally a better idea to wait for it until the first 3HP?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamer4Gamer View Post
    so what your saying is there is no rotation for pvp, and your pve rotation is basically what i said but a little tweaked.

this was meant to be a simple display of the rotation to give some base lines. for you to say there is no rotation is just fucking dumb, excuse my language, but you dont go into a fight not knowing what order to press buttons. Thanks for adding that you spam wog, thats situational. and the rest of your comment is restating what i said.

@fox1012 your a flamer.
    There is no fixed rotation for pvp, but then again, no class/spec has that. It's all situational, and you have to know what ability is best to use when something happens, and react quickly. And i agree, in pvp i dont use WoG allot, but that's cause i'm on 4k resi, so i'm not really getting hit for allot.

As for pve, i'm still not 100% sure if it's really the best to use Zealotry and AW at the same time, ofcourse it does buff your damage by 20% and you can cast HoW, but, i've noticed when i pop them both, i get ALLOT of TV procs, meaning that i rarely cast a HoW while i'm using those cooldowns, since TV > HoW. So isnt it better to start with AV + GoAK, then when AV is about to wear of pop Zealotry?

---------- Post added 2011-07-04 at 10:28 AM ----------

...not really. I'll assume you meant pvp though.

PVP: there is no "rotation" since you will be using 90% of your HP on WoG, your rotation is *chase*-CS-*chace*-CS-*chace*-CS-WoG repeat.
    for damage, pop GoAK, wait 10 seconds, pop wings and zealot and trinkets, go to town. You wait 10 seconds for your GoAK stacks to get to max.

I dont really think you ever done serious pvp. If you got to use WoG 9 out of 10 times you got HP, you are doing it WRONG.

*edit

This is meant to be a simple rotation and can not be used for every situation. This is just showcasing the basics with massive crits and showing off some burst damage. This video will not get you to the top of the dps charts on Ragnaros, nor will it get you 3200 MMR, but if you are rerolling a paladin, or you are a noob then it might help you out.

Plus the music is awesome.

Deleted
    Also, BoK instead of BoM? I think not.

I dont really think you ever done serious pvp. If you got to use WoG 9 out of 10 times you got HP, you are doing it WRONG.
    I'm talking 4.2 at this point. Besides zealotry, in a 3v3 situation (should have clarified that) using WoG is, most of the time, far better than using TV. The massive heal that it causes is much more useful. Now, during a pressure situation (you have your wings up and their shammy is to busy picking his nose to dispel it, etc etc) you will most likely use TV over WoG. I do realize you can't really generalize in PvP situations, so I kind of regret my post, but even so, WoG will be used quite a bit in pvp, arguable more so than TV.
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

Gotcha

I'm talking 4.2 at this point. Besides zealotry, in a 3v3 situation (should have clarified that) using WoG is, most of the time, far better than using TV. The massive heal that it causes is much more useful. Now, during a pressure situation (you have your wings up and their shammy is to busy picking his nose to dispel it, etc etc) you will most likely use TV over WoG. I do realize you can't really generalize in PvP situations, so I kind of regret my post, but even so, WoG will be used quite a bit in pvp, arguable more so than TV.
    Yeah I completely agree with you that rotations can be situational. This was meant to just be a simple rotation, maybe not the best for every situation. Its more centered around a non threatening situation ie, pocket healer or your healer is good, or they are not targeting you. Don't regret your post you said your mind, but at the same time maybe next time just consider the work and thought process of the poster =).

I hope that I can maybe do one for more pvp situations, might wait till the next season though =)

Thanks for keeping this topic going!

---------- Post added 2011-07-04 at 05:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    Lol some people.

---------- Post added 2011-07-05 at 12:31 AM ----------

BUMP for dubstep!