Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It's server dependent really .
    Last edited by bigbuddt; 2011-07-20 at 08:07 AM.

Deleted
    I don't get why you would sell immediately?
    Or rather, I don't get why you would sell YOUR ENTIRE STOCK immediately? You should have sold half of it, and see how the market progresses.

Anyway, if everyone on my realm gets rid of their Truegold within today, that's good news for me. I will profit from the coming draught.

The last 1-2 weeks before Cata hit, people were selling Orbs of Deception for 800-1k gold. I bought 9 of those + i farmed 5 of them myself. When i did this i said to myself "i'm not selling these for less than 3k" and because of that, i sold the last one 2 days ago. That's months of waiting, seeing the price drop to 1.5k sometimes but i waited and instead of making 14x500 gold, i made 14x2k-4k gold. So if waited that long for 14 orbs, i'll surely wait a bit longer for 50ish truegold.
    Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken. Quack.

I don't get why there would be a shortage. Most guilds/players have stockpiled. Within the next couple of days everyone's going to kit themselves with the new epics (reducing the total amount of truegold around). But, unless Blizz releases more recipes, they're not going to need anymore truegold except sporadically for the occasional alt. I agree, don't sell it all. But you're really going to want to take advantage of those players who've only just seen the new recipes, but didn't stockpile while the price was low.

Deleted
    Truegold was around 450 when 4.2 hit, now it's up to 750 on my realm. I kinda regret selling the few I had Now I have to keep buying the more expensive ones to keep churning out Vial of the Sands....

i bought a crap load of true gold @ under 500 each yesterday and re listed the same crap load @ 800 and sold it all... meh i made money without stockpiling it.. LOL

thanks for being scared to set a price and sticking to it.. i knew there would be a minor rush with the new patterns...

Hello !

About truegold, do you guys think the price will continue to jump ? On my server, there are very few people that got the new patterns already, and those who have it also have a very limited supply of orbs. About the truegold price, it was at 425g 2 weeks ago, jumped to 550g a couple of days before peoples got those patterns, and now it's stable at around 775g. I currently have about 50 truegold. Maybe i should stack more of them ? I still got a large amount of pyrium/volatile, and finding an alchemist with the cooldown up is still very very easy.

Would you sell it right now ? Or should i expect the prices to go up and up again ? (i realy dont need the money "right now", but i would like to profit as much as possible of this investment, of course)

Or maybe i should try to find a blacksmith to get some weapon crafter and then sell the weapon itself with a much bigger profit ? (i'm still septical about this idea though...)

From the beginning, I believe that Chaos Orbs will be the limiting factor, that's why people are trying to get rid of their truegold fast because you also get the people who naively believe as long as they have their truegold ready, they'll get their weapon and fail to account for the limiting factor of Chaos Orbs. For people saving 1/2 their for later, I don't know about your realm but on my people aren't running dungeons 10 hours a day at the moment to acquire Chaos Orbs. The 50%-80% of the profit ppl are reporting, I made 300%+ from doing living element transmute. So it's all relative on what's big profits.

I have seen the same 5-10 people spam for weapons for the past couple of hours, seems to be making Chaos Orbs BOP is a horrible horrible decision.
    Last edited by bigbuddt; 2011-07-20 at 04:06 PM.

On my server, the auction house is completely out of truegold. Earlier this morning I checked and truegold was up to 1200g per bar for three bars, but they're all gone now.

Deleted
    Truegold today was at nearly 1000 gold per piece, selling like hotcakes.

Last week they were at 400-450G. Every-single-one-of-mine sold. At 500G gold profit a piece. Over 15k gold profit in 1 day for doing nothing.

Unfortunately i'm a very very casual player and didnt have much gold to invest last week, but it was a given it would be easy profit...

Deleted
    If only someone could have seen this happening and told all the people who sold their stockpiles early that they were making a mistake! Such a waste of a gold earning opportunity. Oh well. cha-ching for me!
    Last edited by mmoc723d13ab18; 2011-07-20 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SilchasRuin View Post
    If only someone could have seen this happening and told all the people who sold their stockpiles early that they were making a mistake! Such a waste of a gold earning opportunity. Oh well. cha-ching for me!
    Again it depends on what he invested in afterward he sold his truegold. Elementium Bars and Volatiles Prices have increased alot more than what I would have gotten from selling truegold now Again Volatiles transmutes I been getting 3x-4x my investment for the past 2 weeks (400k says Hi) and it's alot more than what I would have gotten from selling truegold now. Congrats on making gold now but there will always be other ways to make the same or more profit than this truegold boom so don't look down on the OP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbuddt View Post
    Again it depends on what he invested in afterward he sold his truegold. Elementium Bars and Volatiles Prices have increased alot more than what I would have gotten from selling truegold now Again Volatiles transmutes I been getting 3x-4x my investment for the past 2 weeks (400k says Hi) and it's alot more than what I would have gotten from selling truegold now. Congrats on making gold now but there will always be other ways to make the same or more profit than this truegold boom so don't look down on the OP.
    If he really understood stockpiling he should have done it in a way that enabled him to still make gold in other ways without having to sell off his Truegold stock when the price was low. All goblins will have been able to capitalise on the Truegold boom while still making lots of gold previously. And congrats on making gold transmuting volatiles, but how many people only stockpiled Truegold from their own transmutes?

A bit off topic, but I remember when Cata just came out (2 weeks in) I transferred the mats to my max alchemy toon and procced max Truegold due to Transmutation mastery and sold them for at least 7k a piece. I'd make a tenth of that at best these days.

Quote Originally Posted by SilchasRuin View Post
    If he really understood stockpiling he should have done it in a way that enabled him to still make gold in other ways without having to sell off his Truegold stock when the price was low. All goblins will have been able to capitalise on the Truegold boom while still making lots of gold previously. And congrats on making gold transmuting volatiles, but how many people only stockpiled Truegold from their own transmutes?
    The same thing goes for volatiles. I buy transmutes for volatiles which you can be selling for the previous weeks instead of having to horde all your truegold for this moment. To say that he should have bought the cheap truegold off of AH and repost them these last couple of days is really server dependent. Truegold has held steady at 450-510 gold for the past two days on both alliance and horde on my server. To say that he's got out too soon isn't being aware of the circumstances.

I'm probably the biggest supplier of truegold on my realm, and I stopped selling it right around the time 4.2 came out (the "truegold rush" pre-4.2 kept the prices steady, but they dumped when it came out). I had about 250 bars I think, and I'm currently starting to sell them off.. unfortunately the price hasn't gone up very much yet, since there's other suppliers dumping it into the market. I'm somewhat hesitant to hold onto my stock since I'm pumping it out so fast. It's bouncing between 500-550g / ea, and was steady at 380-430 pre-4.2.

On a side note, with everyone switching their transmute to truegold, the price of volatile air has gone from about 11g/ea to 23g / ea and rising. I switched over a ton of my transmutes to life--->air when truegold started to dwindle, so I had like 10 stacks of airs saved up.. nice time to unload em .

TBH I'm debating buying all the Truegold on the AH tonight if it's sub 600g per. Mats on my server alone cost just shy of 500g.

With people unlocking firelands weapons patterns in the next couple of days (tomorrow for most), its very likely that there will be a nice jump in price... and worst case scenario I would make a few thousand G's off relisting if I can manage to take down the whole supply. (Note: before people freak out about monopolizing the market, my server typically only has around 30-40 bars up at a time, so it's not like I would be buying pages upon pages of the stuff.)

Prices are of course always server dependant. Truegold 3 weeks ago, 450g per. 2 days ago, 500g per. Now, 450 per. The weapons just aren't selling on some servers due to need, or in some cases, lack thereof

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asozeras View Post
    On a side note, with everyone switching their transmute to truegold, the price of volatile air has gone from about 11g/ea to 23g / ea and rising. I switched over a ton of my transmutes to life--->air when truegold started to dwindle, so I had like 10 stacks of airs saved up.. nice time to unload em .
    Just starting to see airs rising on my server too. Cha-ching.

My server is relatively small, so it shouldn't be used as a total comparison.... but I decided to do a small investment of truegold right before 4.2 hit. I bought them for ~500g each. Sold them for 850g each almost instantly today. I wish I had bought more.