So i heard Arcane Mages are uber hard...

Today,i wanted to farm some VPs,but didnt wanna waste time via RDF,i wanted the dungeons to be done quickly,so i looked for an epic geared group to faceroll through them in no time.I got invited by some people from the same guild,and we got ZA as a dungeon.We had warr tank,warr dps,arc mage and holy priest,and ofc me(hunter),all 360 geared with 4-set bonuses.

Since MM hunters ate the nerfbat in the patch,i was at like 23-24k sustained DPS during the bosses(~2-min fights,NO 15% buff),and due to the nature of Careful Aim,it is almost worthless in 5-mans,making our dps even lower(i can cast like 1-2 Aimed Shots before boss goes below 90%,while in a raid i usually have time to spam AS until all my cooldowns expire,which results in a huge burst)

The mage apparently was their "Top DPS whore",yet at the end of all fights(exept halazzi),he ended with 18-19k sustained.

The dungeon goes fine until halazzi,where the mage pulls 27k DPS(restorative totem says hi to infinite mana arcane mage),and ofc posts the recount.That's where i started to think that he's a real recount whore(not that i am not,but that's another story).

The real shit happened after 2 wipes on Daakara(lynx form,1st time tank didnt taunt,2nd time healer was afk),and while waiting for the others to come from the corpse run,mage asks me(dialogue is not 100% quoted):
    Mage:"How much do hunter accounts go on E-bay nowadays?"
    Me:"Around 100 Euros,why?You wanna buy mine?"
    Mage:"No,you clearly ebayed,ur dps sucks,you only have 1 button to press and u do 100k dps(lolwut?),while i have to do a perfect rotation to do so i can do that DPS"
    Me(honestly annoyed):"You jelly bro?"
    Rest of the guild:"Yeah,you suck as a hunter"
    I have been removed from the group.

Really,i never thought i'd see an arcane mage claiming that his rotation is sooo damn hard.
    Awesome avatar by Resentful

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats that? Pugs are complete assholes? My god... WE NEED TO FIX THIS IMMEDIATELY.

the guy's a tool if thats actually true, but stop banging on about infinite mana and you might actually be taken seriously.

Deleted
    I usuallyl let the people tank. It has no use to dispute stuff while you are in a guild group. Your kick was avoidable!

They probably needed a reason to kick you becouse someone needed AGI gear for warrior dps XD Happens all the time D:

step 1 of arcane mage dps: key bind arcane blast to every key on your keyboard
    step 2 of arcane mage dps: roll face.
    step 3 of arcane mage dps: brag that you are the bestest and most 1337 dps on the planet.
    step 4 of arcane mage dps: no, i can't keep up the sarcasm anymore sorry...

anyways, people are bound to be jerks, and honestly if you do over 15k dps in a random dungeon, you're doing fine and deserve a warm hug and a cup of hot cocoa.

Deleted
    Todays pugs are full of smartasses

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Critskrieg View Post
    the guy's a tool if thats actually true, but stop banging on about infinite mana and you might actually be taken seriously.
    the only bit he said about infinite mana was the totems on the tiger boss? you stand near the totem and get infinite mana.

Deleted
    You were in a group with 4 morons from the same guild and you talked shit to them, what did you expect?

Either ignore him, make nice with him or stand up for yourself with actual facts and not something like "you jelly bro" - like the actual recount numbers that you apparently did so well on or the information about the patch and the state of MM in 5 mans. If they still kicked you then at least you'd have some semblance of a high road to take, instead you responded to a dumb person with a dumb response and you ended up getting outnumbered and kicked.
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2011-07-04 at 10:43 AM.

Deleted
    he probably felt small and insignificant being the guilds "top" dps and being beaten by you. so he decided to wind you up a bit, before initiating a vote kick. i can imagine all the guilded ones were talking about you in /g too.

people who get jealous of others dps and initiate voke kicks are usually inbreds, children or the mentally handicapped (i dont mean to cause any offence). hey sometimes, i think "wtf, how are you doing that dps" (frost DK in blues) i dont votekick, i pop my CDs on the boss and sit back and smile.

Deleted
    As much as I am also amazed that you managed to find an asshat in a 5 man I would have hoped that you'd also realise that grouping with 4 people from the same guild gives them godlike powers of votekickyness and as such I'd almost prefer 4 randoms via the RDF tool instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, random people being random jerks in a random dungeon. Nothing new and no good discussion will happen. Closed.