Hi

I have a packard bell ixtreme

Stats are;

Windows 7 64bit
    Intel core i5 3.20ghz
    6gb ram ddr3
    1tb hard drive
    Nvidia gt420 1gb

The 420 is dx 11 capable but im not sure of the running smoothness and ideas?

Also is it difficult to upgrade the wow to dx 11 and bk to 9 if it sucks

Cheers all

Deleted
    that grafic card is nothing for gaming purpose. is you search something for gaming purposes start in case of an nvidia card with a 460 or 560 and in case of an ati card start wit a 5770 or something like that.

and the switch from dx 11 to dx9 or the other way around is just a switch in the ingame menu

Yeh a heard that after i bought it lol was gutted tbh

Il check the dx 11 then if its just a simple operation and see how it goes

Thanks for quick reply

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyfeet View Post
    The 420 is dx 11 capable but im not sure of the running smoothness and ideas?
    DX11 is supposed to be a more streamlined version than the previous ones, so you should see a bit of a performance boost.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

10+ Year Old Account
    I can confirm my fps goes up by 20-30% when switching from dx9 to dx11. Question is though, why not just try it and find out. There's no need to make a thread about it, if you haven't tried it. And it's harmless to try. You probably would've found out for yourself that it actually enhances your performance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    We sell those systems where i work, and honestly, when i first read the specs on the side of the box, i just chuckled. 6 months later and the same number of them are sat there in the same location.

Also, whenever someone asks "Will my card run DX11 well?", i usually always try to respond with "Well it depends not on the API, but on the actual content that's being rendered).
    I bet most of them just turn around and walk away wondering what you just said to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    We sell those systems where i work, and honestly, when i first read the specs on the side of the box, i just chuckled. 6 months later and the same number of them are sat there in the same location.

Also, whenever someone asks "Will my card run DX11 well?", i usually always try to respond with "Well it depends not on the API, but on the actual content that's being rendered).
    Speaking of which, I visited a very good friend of mine, who works at Expert (in Lund, Sweden!) and I noticed something hilarious.

They have a system with an i7-2630QM, GT540M, 6 or 8 GiB RAM with a 640GB HDD going for eq USD 1197.92. In other words, a steal seeing Swedens prices.
    They also have a system on the shelf below it, which they advertise as their "ultimate gamingrig", being an i7-740QM, GT310m or 315M, 320GB HDD and 3GiB RAM.
    It went for eq USD 2236.42. What.

Something tells me they've had their "ultimate gaming rig" for a while under the same price, and just forgot that things aren't up-to-date a few years later. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    Speaking of which, I visited a very good friend of mine, who works at Expert (in Lund, Sweden!) and I noticed something hilarious.

They have a system with an i7-2630QM, GT540M, 6 or 8 GiB RAM with a 640GB HDD going for eq USD 1197.92. In other words, a steal seeing Swedens prices.
    They also have a system on the shelf below it, which they advertise as their "ultimate gamingrig", being an i7-740QM, GT310m or 315M, 320GB HDD and 3GiB RAM.
    It went for eq USD 2236.42. What.

Something tells me they've had their "ultimate gaming rig" for a while under the same price, and just forgot that things aren't up-to-date a few years later. >.>
    You sure they didn't accidentally switched the pricetags :O
    Buy one or two fast and resell on the internet for profit :P

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    You sure they didn't accidentally switched the pricetags :O
    Buy one or two fast and resell on the internet for profit :P
    No. The speccs were written on the same notes. :P And seeing as my friend works in the store, yea.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    No. The speccs were written on the same notes. :P And seeing as my friend works in the store, yea.
    Nice store :P Still, a 310m for gaming -_-
    The EU should put a stop to this. Instead of putting sanctions on Microsoft installing IE with the OS, they should stop this kind of misleading advertising.