Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daginni View Post
    Yep, I said it, Transformers: Dark of the Moon sucked, just like every other Transformers movie. And those who do not know what a good movie is are about to go on a Man Hunt for me, while claiming that this movie is the best thing since Nascar.

My main Complaint, no fraking story.
    Here's the story of Transformers - Autobots are good, Decepticons are evil and they fight.

The Plot is so simple that I am shocked the Leonard Nimoy even signed up for something so shallow.
    He's probably just glad he wasn't playing Spock, besides it's not like the original (animated) movie was so much deeper.

The way Michael Bay makes up for this lack of Plot? The way he always does, with Lots, and LOOOOTS of Bloated, Pointless, Action Scenes, and with that, simply pointless scenes, featuring Transformers insulting my intelligence with crude humor.
    To be honest I thought it could have done with more bloated action scenes, that is after all why people go to Michael Bay movies.

The ONLY upside, is if your looking for pointless, bloated, action scenes, they are admittedly impressive. But if your looking for a movie that has plot, complex characters, or anything else that a good movie has, look elsewhere. Go watch Super 8, the Kings Speech, True Grit, go watch something worth your money.
    If I'm gonna spend money to see a film once on a massive screen with ear-bleeding sound and stupid glasses I would much prefer to see a spectacle that makes the most of those facilities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by z0phi3l View Post
    Lookie here, fake nostalgia. You claim to love the Transformers, but the movies had as much of a plot as the TV show, and it was only a vehicle to sell toys, stop remembering things through rose colored glasses.
    Right.

Even if I didn't love the TF, why would I want to watch another love letter to the US military written by Michael Bay with some robots in the background ?

Rose colored glasses have nothing to do with it. Toys are toys, and a crap movie is a crap movie.

lol i went to see this movie to see and good action movie and what did i get? 1 freaking good action movie not to sentimel etc... Love the movie

I'm all for mindless action flicks, but they have to give me some reason to stay interested in what's going on on the screen. DotM did that for about 30 minutes, before I lost all interest and it felt like the movie would never end. Oh well, at least the first two were entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Right.

Even if I didn't love the TF, why would I want to watch another love letter to the US military written by Michael Bay with some robots in the background ?

Rose colored glasses have nothing to do with it. Toys are toys, and a crap movie is a crap movie.
    Oh I see, you're one of them Liberal Military haters, good to know, I can safely ignore all your nonsensical posts and answers

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, I said it, Transformers: Dark of the Moon sucked, just like every other Transformers movie. And those who do not know what a good movie is are about to go on a Man Hunt for me, while claiming that this movie is the best thing since Nascar.

My main Complaint, no fraking story. The Plot is so simple that I am shocked the Leonard Nimoy even signed up for something so shallow (At least the pay is good right?). The way Michael Bay makes up for this lack of Plot? The way he always does, with Lots, and LOOOOTS of Bloated, Pointless, Action Scenes, and with that, simply pointless scenes, featuring Transformers insulting my intelligence with crude humor.

And yes, I watched Transformers as a kid. Still don't like any of the movies. Also, for a Movie based on a Kids Show, it sure has a lot of slutty females walking around half naked. I am sure a good parent will happily bring their kids to a show like this, and then buy Hasbro's toys afterwords. (Which Demographic is this movie for?)

The ONLY upside, is if your looking for pointless, bloated, action scenes, they are admittedly impressive. But if your looking for a movie that has plot, complex characters, or anything else that a good movie has, look elsewhere. Go watch Super 8, the Kings Speech, True Grit, go watch something worth your money.
    Just gonna put it out there .... Your probably one of the mad cause Megan wasn't in this movie .... and watching hugh ass robots fighting is AWESOME-O 4000 ....

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

10+ Year Old Account
    The 2nd one was so painfully bad that I've decided to just wait until this one's on Netflix. I really liked the first one though. Honestly I love anything with robots and explosions for the most part. But the 2nd movie was just uncomfortable. :S
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" - George Carlin

WHY in god's name do people go to transfomers expecting some movie thats like some revolutionary kings speech time movie or something. it's transformers..

The first 2 were terrible as well, but they had Megan Fox.

This one doesn't Also my local paper gave it a 1 star outta 5.

Will still watch it, but I'm sure the acting is bad and the only thing that will interest me is the robot fights.

Though I don't understand people who go to see transformers expecting a great plot and make you feel attached to any of the characters.
    Last edited by Trix; 2011-07-04 at 03:34 PM.

Deleted
    Haha.. nascar sucks even harder than transformers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kliffharry View Post
    It was better than Revenge of the Fallen imo, but the first one is still the best.

Also:

Lol'd, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z0phi3l View Post
    Oh I see, you're one of them Liberal Military haters, good to know, I can safely ignore all your nonsensical posts and answers
    I was going to say the same thing, however, I was going to guess that they aren't from the US at all

Deleted
    Entertainment comes in different forms.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think any Transformers film could ever be considered Oscar material, it's purely a big Summer action packed special effects bonanza. Go and watch it with high expectations and prepare to be disappointed. Go and watch it for 2 hours of big screen destruction then you'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Here's the story of Transformers - Autobots are good, Decepticons are evil and they fight.

He's probably just glad he wasn't playing Spock, besides it's not like the original (animated) movie was so much deeper.

To be honest I thought it could have done with more bloated action scenes, that is after all why people go to Michael Bay movies.

If I'm gonna spend money to see a film once on a massive screen with ear-bleeding sound and stupid glasses I would much prefer to see a spectacle that makes the most of those facilities.
    I will agree, that this movie was basically made for the simple offer of Action Scenes, Action Scenes, Half Naked Chicks. And if that were the basic reason anyone would see a movie, it would be good, but not great movie. I just found the movie to be too bloated, and spent too much time toppling a building they were in, that I was actually considering going to sleep during the movie while the pointless explosions were going on.

Overall, it just isn't my kind of movie. I read a fair number of books, and if a book spent as much time as this movie did on Action Scenes, I would not read it. I feel that if there is no plot, or complex characters, that anything else the story does is secondary.

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Transformers is a good movie for veterans of .can I call people 22+ years old veterans? I guess I can.
    Transformers cartoon was only thing I use to watch on Television unlike this crap we can see on Cartoon network.
    Movie is good you troll!
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Haven't even seen the movie, and never will. For the past few years alot of hollywood movies have sucked in my opinion, and I'll explain why:

It's ok to have no, or near no story in a clear action movie thats np...BUT what does suck most of the time is the script. The lines the actors say, the events that happen after one another - most of em are so bad/cheesy or dont make sense it makes me sick. Examples for this are the Harry Potter 4,5,6 movies, Iron Man movies, Xmen movies, Transformer movies etc.

All the movie makers focus on is a few cheesy always happening events and special effects - and be honest special effects aren't special anymore, they have been here for years and It's not like hard to make em.

To people somewhat agreeing with my post or want to find out what I'm talking about - go watch some arthouse movies like woody allen's or Coen brothers and pay attention to the things i mentioned. Even though you might not like the move, you will see the scriptwriting, LOGICAL order and meaningfullness of events is better.

There is a differnece in beeing a military hater and the fact that some people want to see robots fight in a f**king robotfightingmovie. Why is there a need for military in this film?

On a sidenote; I'm happy to not be an american so that I'm allowed to have more than 2 opinions on the army.

Quote Originally Posted by Moe Szyslak View Post
    There is a differnece in beeing a military hater and the fact that some people want to see robots fight in a f**king robotfightingmovie. Why is there a need for military in this film?

On a sidenote; I'm happy to not be an american so that I'm allowed to have more than 2 opinions on the army.
    Glad to know people can always still generalize. I feel like if the army weren't in the movies it'd be a huge insult to the human race, it's either hey we have no clue there are several story high rrobots living in our world, or that we somehow trust these people enough to expect them to not need our help.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moe Szyslak View Post

Because it takes place on Earth, you know that planet where humans live? It's not very likely they will just stand by and watch some fucking robots destroy the whole place now is it?