Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    You will see a human mage/lock/spriest likely using this at high ratings with 2 heroic trinkets like every other arena season with a legendary in it. They will easily hit 22-2600 rating and cap out against people who don't have the time to raid since they spend 99.99% of their time pvping.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This topic comes up quite frequently (the perceived fairness or lack thereof of using a legendary in PVP). Did you consider posting in an existing thread before making this topic?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slickx View Post
    Some 1550 heros will get it and run double legendary spellcleave and get rank 1 in a day
    Because gear teaches you how to pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    This topic comes up quite frequently (the perceived fairness or lack thereof of using a legendary in PVP). Did you consider posting in an existing thread before making this topic?
    Do they ever?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Divisible View Post
    I'm a gladiator boomkin and I'm getting the staff...don't worry though. I'm only a boomkin.
    Starfire
    Starfire
    STARFIREEEEEEEEE!!!
    SUNFIYAHHHH

:P <3 boomkins

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by veldrinal View Post
    Most the people who end up with this weapon will be hardcore pve'ers. I will enjoy squashing their lack of macro'ness and useful keybinds the moment I see this staff. You probably won't see too many of these in high end pvp.
    There is some high rated pvers tho..

Quote Originally Posted by Buutch View Post
    There is some high rated pvers tho..
    Someone finally figured it out! I dont know about your servers but on mine, at least 50% of all higher rated, included highest rated, pvpers are in top pve guilds and cleared firelands in the first day. If you are good at pvp and have any interest at all in pve then you are basically better than most raiders and can get into raid guilds easy. I did that for a while, till pve got rediculously boring and time consuming

Quote Originally Posted by Gradywhite View Post
    These are the things you come to expect whilst PvPing in a PvE game.
    It's a pvp game, idiot. WARCRAFT.

Yes, you will see it 2400+

Yes, a couple teams with it will get gladiator.

The rank 1 team will probably not be just because a legendary.

No, a legendary does not make someone a gladiator level player. It might put some players right on the brink into glad range, but if its anything like the season that just happened, most teams that get Gladiator (at least on my battle group) will be bought again.

Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    Starfire
    Starfire
    STARFIREEEEEEEEE!!!
    SUNFIYAHHHH

:P <3 boomkins
    Awww yeah!, you know what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rykin View Post
    It happened with warglaives, val, and shadowmourne along with all the awesome pve trinkets over the years. It's just part of the game I'm afraid.
    Though Val'anyr was by far the rarest one in entire TBC and Wotlk (and it still is). Good for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    Yes, you will see it 2400+

Yes, a couple teams with it will get gladiator.

The rank 1 team will probably not be just because a legendary.

No, a legendary does not make someone a gladiator level player. It might put some players right on the brink into glad range, but if its anything like the season that just happened, most teams that get Gladiator (at least on my battle group) will be bought again.
    yes it does

brb double healer with full heroic pve geared shadowmourne warrior

Deleted
    Dispell cleave wasn't even a tier one comp anyway, I fail to see why people keep mentioning it. Yes, it did make PvE gear shine and yes, shadowmourne made an obvious difference but it was just as valuable for a TSG, a WLD or anything else with a warrior in general.

Gear from the other side of the game should not be a viable, or superior choice than that from the correct side.
    PvP gear should not be desirable for PvE and vice versa.
    Unfortunatly it is not as simple as that, and people will feel "forced" to dip their toes in both in order to get a competitive advantage.
    Your competiton will be doing it, so you feel the need to do it also.

GOT DAT ORNGE, JELLY? *trollarmsflinging*

All joking aside, of course you're going to see it, of course it's going to make a huge impact, it happens with every legendary, ever since Unbreakable picked up that sulfuras and said to himself "I could kill gnomes with this...".

This thread:

'PvPers' complaining about a PvE weapon that takes alot of effort and time to get so they will never be able to get it because they want to spend 99.9% of their time PvPing.

'PvPers' acting like everyone and their grandma will be getting this weapon and everyone who gets this weapon will step into arena and /growl and automatically get to 9001 rating because it will be so unbelievably overpowered it will melt peoples faces at the sight of it.

When really the facts are:

Probably 80% of the people who get a staff won't get over 2k or have any desire too and the other 20% who get a staff and do get over 2k would have done so with or without it and were good arena goers in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xema-Do View Post
    Liking kill lv 20 when 85. See no PVP then can going do what PVP making. No 40, No 60, can not finding, but 20 all here and there, so sigh, then 20 die

guessing your gonna see locks with it massacring in 3s n 5s >u>

Quote Originally Posted by summons inc View Post
    Because gear teaches you how to pvp?
    Well i think his point was the free copy spell cast, so you dont really need to learn how to pvp with that, but grats on being slow