Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Shocking

People saying it's a terrible list because WoW isn't on it....who would have ever thought

I mostly agree with that top 10. ME2 was amazing, no it didn't have any online or anything like that, but it didn't need it. The game itself was one of the best rpg's ever, with one of the best stories ever. They took an alright franchise and made it into an amazing on.

What I find funny is with some of my wow friends that consider themselves hardcore gamers haven't touched any other game than wow in years. I understand the time constraints involved with playing an mmo and finding time to play other things. But these "casual games" that mmo players often ignore are amazing, and a much better time than grinding out your dailies...

Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    Casual games win, not to call them bad but alot of noobsauce there. ME2 was the easiest RPG shooter ever made and no PvP.

WoW and HL2 won the ten year list, this is why FPSMMOs are being developed.

The last 5 years of human existance was pointless really, sheep to the saughter as far as games and just culture in general.
    try playing me2 on the hardest difficulty. it is fkn hard

Fuck yeah Bioshock at #2.
    And ME2 and #1 is also great to see.

Mass Effect 3, Skyrim, and Bioshock: Infinite are all going to be AMAZING

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frownface2000 View Post
    Fuck yeah Bioshock at #2.
    And ME2 and #1 is also great to see.

Mass Effect 3, Skyrim, and Bioshock: Infinite are all going to be AMAZING
    Looks really good, really cant wait for Infinite

Gotta respect the super smash bros. Grew up with that shit.
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

Deleted
    There's list like this about everywhere... and i do not agree with the top 10 chart of IGN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    It's not that long that EA said ME3 won't have Mako like sections at all.
    I actually hope we get to use the hammerhead some more. I liked it, and I thought it let some interesting details be shown. The overlord dlc for example. It had certain spots where you could look out over the world. It was gorgeous, but left me wishing so badly that I could go explore more of it. Still the driving was pretty cool, the gun mechanics were somewhat interesting because you could use the "hoover" and strafe to have a little bit of 3d combat.

I know there will be some vehicle combat, but I'm really hoping for a return of vehicle exploration also. Sure the version in me1 was boring, but I would still rather have that than the scanning.

Quote Originally Posted by kkborang View Post
    try playing me2 on the hardest difficulty. it is fkn hard
    I liked it on insanity (no I didn't use tech armor, or adrenaline rush). Yeah you would die really quick, and even a small mistake would mean the end of you. The only achievements I don't have so far are the ones that require you to do the first part of arrival without killing anyone, and the one where you have to shoot/kill someone after melee attacking them so many times.

Part 3 they are raising the difficulty, looking forward to it.
    Last edited by lunaspike; 2011-07-08 at 02:22 AM.

Fallout 3 was a tragic game.

it had a great setting, it had atmosphere, it had an open world, and it had character progression, but instead of being great, it was just blah.

I'm not really sure how to describe my exact feelings for fallout 3 other than just completely disappointed. If i had to begin somewhere i guess i would start with the story, which i found to be contrived, obvious, and lackadaisical. the ending was confusing, not in its complexity but in the inability of the characters involved to use the slightest bit of logic instead of me having to "hero up".

My next gripe would have to be about the combat and weapons. combat outside of vats was stupid and inefficient, and the weapons would break nearly as fast as they would run out of ammo. carrying around 4 of the same gun just so i had "spare parts" to fix my weapon after every other battle isn't interesting or fun, and neither is running out of ammo after killing two people. I get that in a nuclear wasteland ammo and good weapons would be hard to come by, but it seems like a tiny additional suspension of reality that your character could have more than 50 bullets on him at one time.

While not my final complaint about the game, it will be the final i write about here, i was not happy with the character progression. Fallout 3's character progression felt like a dumbed down version of oblivion's character progression, which felt like a dumbed down version of morrowwind's character progression.

i felt like with fallout 3 they were going to rectify the mistakes they had made with oblivion, instead they did the exact opposite.

tldr, i'm not a fan of fallout 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Daraiki View Post
    Seems a lot of you blizzard fan boys are butt hurt :P
    Not rly, but not putting the biggest game in the history of a genre (minus the very first ones possibly ) in the top 10 seems kind of silly unless they're just going to straight up act like MMOs shouldn't be in the top 10 which makes sense i suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xile View Post
    Not rly, but not putting the biggest game in the history of a genre (minus the very first ones possibly ) in the top 10 seems kind of silly unless they're just going to straight up act like MMOs shouldn't be in the top 10 which makes sense i suppose.
    The sims is the biggest game of its genre, yet it shouldn't be in the top 10

Anyway, IMO, wow is nowhere close to being top 10. It's a good game, and has stolen a lot of my time, but a game where half the time is spent by flying circles is not really one of the 10 best games of the last years

bioshock, mass effect 2

BAHAHAAHAA

10+ Year Old Account
    Bioshock #2? Can't say I'm surprised, it is that great.

---------- Post added 2011-07-08 at 01:33 PM ----------

...unless they're just going to straight up act like MMOs shouldn't be in the top 10 which makes sense...
    A game that makes you depend on others performances to see the ending content = bad design

I love WoW, and I'm not saying it is bad, not at all, but when you're talking about the "best games" - of any kind -, MMOs have natural flaws than you can't ignore because "that's the way MMOs are."
    There's a reason why single player games are dominating the top 10.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    too many console kids to even try to compete, proof 70% of those got released in 2007+

Deleted
    6、Fallout 3
    1、Mass Effect 2
    What are those doing in top 10? Yes I've been busy for years playing just WoW, but even I wouldn't believe that kind of games would be in top 25, and cannot even remotely imagine how they are in top 10.
    Fallout 3 was a tragic game.
    Not only that, it wa also an insult to all Fallout fans. And had little to do with original cancelled Fallout 3 or even old series.