Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    Also some help on primitive attempts on Shannox would be appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Sample from those tries
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted

Cool

My guild was struggling a bit as we don't have top notch gear, so what I did was that in phase before the first "Web AoE" (don't recall its name) I would go up and dps Betty, before the first Web AoE, I would stay down and kill the adds so that we would not have any adds, then around 60% hear left into her last AoE I would go up, that would get her down to 80-81%, you MUST kill all the adds before she comes down or she will heal and all the running up and down will be useless.
    Also, during the last phase, its very important to make sure you chain raid cooldowns (disc priest barriers, druids tranquilities), ALSO make sure EVERYONE uses defensive cooldowns whenever they are out of cooldown on the last phase as the damage is immense, keep bloodlust for around 55-60%.

Deleted
    Why didn't you DPS Shannox when both dogs were trapped? Also, is trapping both dogs intended?

Deleted
    Hi, and thanks Seriss for the useful advices you already gave.
    Please forgive my poor english...
    We're having a similar problem, at least I think. We're struggling with Beth's first phase...
    I can't link any url so far, so I can't post a report...
    I think our problem is the dps on the spiderlings, and I'm wondering how to fix it. So far we've 3 ranged for each spot, but they're having trouble killing them all. We're using at least a hunter or an elemental for each spot (slowing the adds), and 2 other ranged (other than arcane mages).
    We have all our melee dps on the cinderwebs (taunting and killing them), and then switching to the drone.
    So far we only sent our arcane mage up (and not on each attempt) as we're trying to figure out a way to handle the adds.

If you see something we're doing wrong, please tell me.

About Shannox, we were having trouble since last night, we just killed him on our first attempt of the night.
    What we did was putting all the melee on Shannox, with a rogue disarming the traps in melee range. All the ranged were on Rageface to nuke him down quickly. The extra damage on the main tank isn't a problem as long as he can avoid traps. Then ranged killed Riplimb (tanked as far as possible from the boss, and kitted when Shannox Hurls his spear to increase the travel time of the dog (a Spriest was dpsing him to maintain a slow effect). Then it's just avoiding traps...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FrizzleMe View Post
    Why didn't you DPS Shannox when both dogs were trapped? Also, is trapping both dogs intended?
    Because sometimes I listen to the raid leader

Deleted
    Because sometimes I listen to the raid leader
    Just making me remember that we actually didn't aimed the traps, it's unnecessary in normal mode.

My guild is having problems with Beth'tilac 25 man as well.

Basically, we tried a multitude of strategies.
    - we tried clumping in a corner with 3-5 dps up top, 2 heals, 1 tank
    - we tried 3-5 dps up top with 2 healers 1 tank
    - we tried 1 healer and 1 tank (best attempts from this strat) up top
    - we tried 2 healers, 1 tank, and 2 dps.
    - we tried putting our dps in to groups (bottom) which actually seemed to work because adds started to get under control... but we still wiped in phase 2 anyway. Ie so we had 3 groups spread around the room for spiderlings, and people in the middle ish area with drones, etc.

Basically, i have no idea what else we can do. Is the main problem that we just dont have enough dps? It seems that if we put dps up top the adds went out of control, but if we dont, we wipe in phase two (as per 1 heal 1 tank strat - fight numbers 8 and 12).

Questions
    -Any other strategies, or anything that can help refine one i might have listed
    - If the main problem is just dps being too low, any way to raise it in the fight itself? or is it just people not playing as good as they could be?
    - Any suggestions are welcomed and helpful.

the raid is made up of people with all epics (mostly i believe...maybe 1 or 2 people have 1 blue or so but thats it - otherwise all epics). I have a log of the fight but i cant post it here.
    Last edited by Katheia; 2011-07-07 at 05:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account