Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    Chest isn't part of the BiS set so I wouldn't waste it on it. I'd have to agree with Megramm on getting the relic first and then the ring and after that in the weeks waiting for the VP to get legs you might get lucky and get the gloves or even the legs from BH.
    Relic and ring first? are you kidding and yes chest IS in the bis list, please stop spreading terrible VP spending advice and misinformation.

Gah but the chest and helm make it look so dang sexy!!!! Why must we have to ditch them for BIS (((
    Quote Originally Posted by Ershiin View Post
    Oh.. My.. God..
    This is petty beyond belief.

Why dont we start complaining about how M&Ms should be color coded while we're at it?
    Or how it should be called a Burger with Cheese because Cheeseburger is misleading?

Quote Originally Posted by Rukus View Post
    Gah but the chest and helm make it look so dang sexy!!!! Why must we have to ditch them for BIS (((
    Because blizzard only gave str dps tier shoulders and no other item 372+.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Because blizzard only gave str dps tier shoulders and no other item 372+.
    Ok I am confused as hell now...will SOMEONE please clear up what is and is not BIS?

I also am in same position as OP...what do I spend my valor on first? I wanted tier first just because of how it looks...but now im hearing that our tier set isnt really good (namely the helm, and chest)...So yeah im bummed out now

any confirmations?
    Oh.. My.. God..

Why dont we start complaining about how M&Ms should be color coded while we're at it?
    Or how it should be called a Burger with Cheese because Cheeseburger is misleading?

Buy Chest or Legs first, Chest can prevent issues if you replace trinket and helm however. DO NOT REPLACE RELIC UNTIL LAST, you can purchase a 384 Conquest relic or the Molten front daily 365 relic.

Buy Chest or Legs first, Chest can prevent issues if you replace trinket and helm however. DO NOT REPLACE RELIC UNTIL LAST, you can purchase a 384 Conquest relic or the Molten front daily 365 relic.
    I dont see how everyone is so eager to buy the pieces anyway...I mean we have only had one week to acquire VP...the chest is what, 2200 VP? We only have 980 and after this coming week...still wont have enough for chest!
    Oh.. My.. God..

Don't go for chest, it's not BiS, get helm, leg, glove, and pants as 4p bonus, and get chest from Majordomo Staghelm since it has no exp and is BiS. I'm still undecided what to buy first, I'm a ret paladin too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukus View Post
    Ok I am confused as hell now...will SOMEONE please clear up what is and is not BIS?
    Things with lots of mastery (your best stat behind strength) and whatever stat is most useful to you after that. If you're under hit cap then hit, need expertise then that, crusader strike over 4sec get haste, otherwise crit.

Like on my prot pally, I need as much mastery and dodge as is humanly possible, so when I see an item with mastery/dodge on it I don't have to look, I can just assume its my best in slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruzhyo View Post
    Things with lots of mastery (your best stat behind strength) and whatever stat is most useful to you after that. If you're under hit cap then hit, need expertise then that, crusader strike over 4sec get haste, otherwise crit.

Like on my prot pally, I need as much mastery and dodge as is humanly possible, so when I see an item with mastery/dodge on it I don't have to look, I can just assume its my best in slot.
    You NEVER need haste rating since 4.0.6 patch. It's Hit > Exp > Str > Mastery > Crit > Haste in Ret paladin weighting. So, always get mastery/crit gears, it's the best ret paladin can get, and there's too many exp gears so you would have to drop Truth glyph for 5% CS glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruzhyo View Post

NEVER SEEK OUT HASTE. can you people with no true grasp of ret or itemization stop posting?

And silverhustle have you actually looked at the items avaliable, No not talking about items on wowhead that aren't even implemented or obtainable like Heroic rep and Valor bracers.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2011-07-05 at 05:53 PM.

NEVER SEEK OUT HASTE. can you people with no true grasp of ret or itemization stop posting?

And silverhustle have you actually looked at the items avaliable, No not talking about items on wowhead that aren't even implemented or obtainable like Heroic rep and Valor bracers.
    Yeah, I have, and Blizzard hate us because there's not many good gears for ret, most of them has exp, and even rings has exp and haste and it's BiS because of socket. No, I'm not talking about heroic versions or items that doesn't exist.

I'm just curious what you replaced hor with. If it's not heroic hor, I think you might be doing it wrong.

While you are right about haste being our worst stat, I think you might have better results (and less aggravation) if your posts weren't quite so antagonistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Liagala View Post
    While you are right about haste being our worst stat, I think you might have better results (and less aggravation) if your posts weren't quite so antagonistic.
    Agreed, the posts are pretty much saying "I'm better than you, so do what I say or you suck even more than you already do!"

I'm personally going for the relic first, but that's just me.

Now check it with heroic hor, I mean if you can clear firelands you sure as hell should be able to kill heroic chim.

Quote Originally Posted by Porte View Post
    Now check it with heroic hor, I mean if you can clear firelands you sure as hell should be able to kill heroic chim.
    The fact mr. Robot is telling you to use firebound gorget for normal mode and not Caelenstraza's Will, or Apparatus and HoR over Vessel of acceleration, and many other issues is reason enough to disregard that terrible program.

btw nice +50 hit enchant Mr robot put on your shoes, I'm sure that is going to work out great.

EDIT: Mr robot HOR Expertise > Hit NICE!!! just kidding it's terrible
    Last edited by anaxie; 2011-07-05 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Porte View Post
    H HoR is on my sheet, I don't know why the links don't update accordingly.

The fact mr. Robot is telling you to use firebound gorget for normal mode and not Caelenstraza's Will, or Apparatus and HoR over Vessel of acceleration, and many other issues is reason enough to disregard that terrible program.
    Where did you get your bis list?