Thread: No video output

Deleted

No video output

So after taking out my CMOS battery and resetting my pc, it does work now. However I have no video output, i hear a beep, all fans start spinning, Leds light up and then... no screen at all. Used it with a DVI adapter and nothing either. I have a VGA cable on my monitor, and a GTX460 GPU.

And yes i put the card in the slot correctly, also i connected the 6/pin PC-I connectors.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2011-07-05 at 06:59 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    So after taking out my CMOS battery and resetting my pc, it does work now. However I have no video output, i hear a beep, all fans start spinning, Leds light up and then... no screen at all. Used it with a DVI adapter and nothing either. I have a VGA cable on my monitor, and a GTX460 GPU.

And yes i put the card in the slot correctly, also i connected the 6/pin PC-I connectors.
    Try hooking up the monitor to the onboard graphics, might be some setting in your BIOS to use onboard instead of PCIe that got reset when you cleared the CMOS.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just one beep? The number and frequency of beeps means different things depending on the bios brand.

I would go through some standard troubleshooting things - try reseating the GPU and test the RAM as well. If you have two sticks of RAM, put one in by itself in the first slot, and if it doesn't work, take it out and put the other in the first slot by itself. If neither works by itself, it -probably- is not the RAM as the chances of both modules being bad is very low.

If you have another GPU or another computer you could borrow a GPU from for like 10 minutes, try it in your computer and see if it works with a different GPU.

Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    Try hooking up the monitor to the onboard graphics, might be some setting in your BIOS to use onboard instead of PCIe that got reset when you cleared the CMOS.
    Good call - didn't think of that.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Just one beep? The number and frequency of beeps means different things depending on the bios brand.

I would go through some standard troubleshooting things - try reseating the GPU and test the RAM as well. If you have two sticks of RAM, put one in by itself in the first slot, and if it doesn't work, take it out and put the other in the first slot by itself. If neither works by itself, it -probably- is not the RAM as the chances of both modules being bad is very low.

If you have another GPU or another computer you could borrow a GPU from for like 10 minutes, try it in your computer and see if it works with a different GPU.

Good call - didn't think of that.
    Tried the RAM thing. wasn´t it.

---------- Post added 2011-07-05 at 07:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    Just did it, didnt work either.

Deleted
    Sounds like its simply a monitor issue. What monitor do you have? I'm assuming you tried using the VGA cable?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudgery View Post
    Sounds like its simply a monitor issue. What monitor do you have? I'm assuming you tried using the VGA cable?
    I don't know wich monitor i exactly have, yes it has a VGA cable.
    It's a Dell and its been working great for years.

15+ Year Old Account
    You should swap monitors and video cards with whatever computer you used to have if you still have it or borrow something with a friend. That can rule out parts.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Remove the card altogether and try the on-board. If that don't work I strongly suggest trying another screen, even a dirt old CRT will suffice. If there is no card in the port the on-board should kick on as default. If that doesn't work you have a hardware failure. Flashing the BIOS is a dangerous thing, not to be taken lightly, ever. That in it's self could have done something if you didn't properly research it before hand.

And please tell me you grounded yourself before installing it, static electricity can burn the card, or even your PCI-E slot. Hell for that matter it can burn up the MoBo.

About all I can think of at the moment, the beep doesn't mean crap, my puter beeps on post, and a lot of others do too. Now if you get multiple beeps, long beeps, etc, that may be a sign of trouble. If the beep wasn't there before I suggest you look up your model and find the MoBO specs and "trouble beep patterns." I don't know proper name of those beeps.

Deleted
    Well i sent the mobo back but they say it's working fine. They did replace the BIOS with 1.2 version tho, it was 1.0 version first. Now i need to wait for the mobo to arrive back. I hope the BIOS was the problem...