Hi, my name is Dane.
I will use this thread as an introductory thread as well as to ask for your opinion on my silly imagination and trying to put it down on paper.

I am 17 years of age and until the start of last week I had never read through a novel, but I lost power on holiday and there was no battery on my computer so I read the Prelude to cataclysm novel, wow I was taken in. This is the only book I have ever fully read through and is the only lore I know apart from that picked up from playing World of Warcraft for 3 years. I have decide to "attempt" to write a small story, possibly the start to a novel? I don't know. I am here to ask for your opinion and guidance, as I have never wrote a book and I am aware that the style will be very amateur and allot of punctuation will be out of place, despite my best efforts. It's about Anduin Wrynn during the cataclysm. Feedback please Be nice, I'm a newby ^^ If this is in the wrong section I apologies, I was not sure where to post.

World of Warcraft – Anduins Story

Chapter 1 – The Light Chose Him

The rain whipped against the thin leaded glass window, creating a racket difficult for anyone to sleep through, yet there laid Anduin deep in sleep, completely oblivious to it. Anduin is the Prince of Stormwind, son of King Varian Wrynn and heir to the throne. He does not look like his father; his hair is a light shade of blonde and is no longer than the tops of his ears, his eyes, a piercing, deep shade of blue. These being the only feature that bore any resemblance to his father meant that they were always the first thing to be noted when meeting new people. He stands about 5ft tall and has a small, weak frame, being the main reason why he is not seen to take after his father. Anduins chambers are located at the back of Stormwind Keep; his father placed them here to keep him safe, the current state of Azeroth is not something to expose a 15 year old boy to, or so this was the opinion of his father. An almost deafening crash ripped Anduin from his deep sleep leaving him sat bolt upright in his bed, peering out of the window trying to fathom what had been the cause. As he began to awake fully, he noticed the rain and how it was slamming against the window with such force, and wondering if the window was going to hold. After a few minutes of thinking he came to the conclusion that it must have been a bolt of lightning that struck close to the keep. Satisfied that there was nothing amiss he slid back under his covers and closed his eyes, it was early morning and he did not need to arise for another few hours. Not seconds after, he heard a second crash, this time much louder and appearing to illuminate his chambers through the window as the noise flowed throughout. Screams of woman and young children, and the calls of Stormwind guards urging others to “stay away!” swiftly followed.

The world in which Stormwind is situated is known as Azeroth, and it is being thrown into turmoil by the elements that occupy it. An unknown reason is causing the elements to almost cry out, channelling their emotions through the world in forms of elemental rage, as if they are calling out for us to help, yet becoming annoyed that we do not. The alliance’s most powerful shamans constantly attempt to communicate with the elements, uncover the reason for their distress, but their efforts wield no results as the elements only respond with their cries for help.

Anduin flew out of bed, threw on a casual pair of blue trousers and a white shirt, grabbing a coat as he raced out the door and down the stairs towards the entrance of the keep. Anduin had never been a natural combatant, the thought and feel of wielding a sword with the intention of snuffing out life secretly repulsed him, but he tried hard to suppress this inner loathing and hate as his father expected him to grow into a fierce warrior, as he did himself. Anduin always felt as if he had to help those in need, always felt drawn to the light, to aiding those in danger. After his ordeal in Ironforge, and receiving Fearbreaker, the legendary mace from his good friend Magni Bronzebeard, he was convinced that he was destined to be a Priest, not a warrior, but he had yet to encounter the moment when the light “filled” him, as he had heard many other Priests describe. As he approached the keep’s huge doors, he suddenly understood what had happened and why the guards where trying to keep people away. The crash that he had heard was the combined result of an unusually fierce bolt of lightning and it striking the right hand tower that stood beside the bottom of the stairway leading up to the keep. Part of the spire and wall had collapsed, landing on a small building belonging to an armour merchant, and by the looks and sounds of things he was in there when the fall happened and many people had come out of the inn nearby and were franticly trying to dig their way through the pile of rubble to save the merchant. The chances of the man surviving the collapse of the building were looking slimmer every inch that Anduin moved closer to the pile of stone. One of the Stormwind guards recognised him and immediately intercepted his sprint towards the scene, grabbing him and restraining him by his arm. “What do you think you are doing!” urged the guard staring down at the young Prince. “I... the... People need help down there, can’t you see!” expressed Anduin in a panicked rushed tone, staring back into the guards eyes through his helmet with matched urgency. “I can see that Anduin, but I cannot let you down there, it’s dangerous.” Anduin was growing tired of people treating him like a child; he was the Prince of Stormwind! As he was about to vent his anger at the guard he was interrupted by the sound of crumbling stone, the rest of the tower was beginning to collapse, directly onto the heads of those franticly trying to penetrate the rock pile where the armour merchants used to stand. Anduins instinct to protect life kicked in, as he saw some of the children, men and woman had not noticed the towers instability and were continuing to dig, unaware of the shouting, urging them to move, they must have been family and close friends of the buried man. He sharply tugged his arm from the grip of the guard and darted down towards them leaving the guard startled, the guard must have realised that he could not have caught Anduin, even if he wanted to as the armour weighed him down and Anduin was in his youth allowing him to speed of at a rapid pace. He ran towards the unwary party of diggers waving his arms about franticly, pointing at the tower and shouting for them to move. Surprisingly one of the children looked up and noticed what he was getting at, turning round and tugging on the woman still removing rubble next to her trying to warn her but it was too late. The tower gave way and the remaining wall and spire began to hurtle towards the unsuspecting diggers. The thought of those rocks crushing and killing rose up into Anduins conscious thoughts and caused adrenalin to shoot though his body, his instinct told him to continue racing forward towards the people in the path of the quickly approaching stone. He charged up onto the piles of rocks so that his feet where at the hands of the still mindlessly digging citizens. His father, King Varian Wrynn had awoken and was stood at the top of the stairs, almost screaming for his son to retreat, the emotion and power in his cries carried them far and fast as he watched his son run into the path of certain death! Moments before the rock and debris crushed Anduin and the panic stricken diggers he felt a surge of heat and power surge from his chest and race in all directions of his body, seeming to fill him up from the inside with what could only be described as light, an aura of holy radiance erupted from beneath his feet, covering the ground until it had surrounded him and the people at his feet, as the rocks closed in for impact they were intercepted by a dome of dazzling light that had flared up from the perimeter of the aura on the ground, the rock continued to batter at the dome with huge force but it did not move or waver, effortlessly deflecting the rocks and debris away from Anduin and the now fully aware citizens on the floor. His father watched on in awe as his son wielded the power of the light so naturally and with such ease, the waves of light emanating from Anduin seemed to have a calming effect on the surrounding onlookers, as they appeared to look less agitated, as if they had been removed from the chaos of the moment. Varian felt this too. He held this barrier for the duration of the fall, and then the aura and dome quickly retracted towards Anduin, penetrating him and seemingly energising him for a short moment, widening his eyes and filling him with strength. He suddenly felt weak and fell to his knees whilst the onlookers and diggers thanked him and backed away seemingly accepting the fate of the buried man.