Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    It boggles my mind how so many people are quick to judge a kid still living at home with his parents, whose only means of entertainment are online games and chatting. It's none of your business why that's all he has (not that it's hard to guess at least a few plausible reasons), if he wants to share this with MMO community he will in his own time and way. Not that I'd advise it.

To the OP - I'm glad you talked to your parents, and hope the nice people here can help you set up your router properly. You do not need to justify anything to her, or ask anything from her. You don't have to try to catch her downloading/uploading. If you wish you can explain the situation to her and what's going to happen next - or if you'd rather your parents talk to her, ask them, they seem reasonable. Set up the bandwidth limit for her in any case. Remember, if she's downloading/uploading copyrighted content and something happens, it's your parents who are going to get in trouble - and I'm sure they're not even aware of it.
    ~ I'm having trouble hearing you. Getting a lot of bullshit on this line. ~

Deleted
    I went up to her apartment and talked to her. I just checked my internet speed and it was at 0.52 mbit/s so I knew that she was downloading something but she said no. She did say that she had downloaded something the last few days and after I told her that it would be nice if she could limit her download and especially her upload I went down completely confused. How could the internet still be slow if she didn't download anything? did she lie?

The only other people using the network were my parents who obviously didn't use the internet and my sister who had looked straight into my eyes and promised to not download anything.

I then went to my sisters room and found out that she was downloading Gossip Girl & Desperate Housewives...

She's not home right now but...
    I'M ABOUT TO CONFRONT THE PERSON I HATE THE MOST!!

Why do people not care about others? I never download anything on our slow internet and if I want to watch a movie I ask my brother that has access to 50 mb/s to do it for me because I know it won't affect him at all while if I did it here everyone would be completely screwed.

They think that if they are not going to use the computer they can just start a download and it's fine but there are other people using the same internet. I really hate how people can look into my eyes and lie. They don't care because they hardly ever use the computer but to me it's my life. I want to be able to talk to my friends, I want to have fun with my friends and if I don't have a stable internet connections I'll let people down.

What would they say if I did the same to their world? If there would constantly be a storm making them unable to get to their friends or talk to them on the phone?
    Last edited by mmocf3e8550591; 2011-07-05 at 08:15 PM.

Probably should have mentioned you had a sister before. Doesn't change what you should do, though. Talk to your parents, then limit the bandwidth usage. Until you can fix it, just unplug her cable whenever she's being inconsiderate. If she's on Wireless, I think it's even easier to limit how much she's allowed.
    ~ I'm having trouble hearing you. Getting a lot of bullshit on this line. ~

Deleted
    I had the same problem a few years ago. My bothers poor GF moved in with him and they lived in the same 10 square meter room, they both had computers and were uploading all day. She didn't go to work or school and was just sitting in my brothers room from dawn till dusk and making the internet .. suck:P

After talking to them, which didn't really work at all. I just started working my parents up against her. As in she didn't work, was eating our food, everyone had to pay the bills, including me but not her etc. Eventually they just talked to my brother to kick her out or pay for 2 (which he couldn't afford cause he was studying). But it took months before that happened. And the funny thing is, they broke up after she had to leave and well, cheating on my brother too.

Quote Originally Posted by Porkitozh View Post
    I went up to her apartment and talked to her. I just checked my internet speed and it was at 0.52 mbit/s so I knew that she was downloading something but she said no. She did say that she had downloaded something the last few days and after I told her that it would be nice if she could limit her download and especially her upload I went down completely confused. How could the internet still be slow if she didn't download anything? did she lie?

The only other people using the network were my parents who obviously didn't use the internet and my sister who had looked straight into my eyes and promised to not download anything.

I then went to my sisters room and found out that she was downloading Gossip Girl & Desperate Housewives...

She's not home right now but...
    I'M ABOUT TO CONFRONT THE PERSON I HATE THE MOST!!

Why do people not care about others? I never download anything on our slow internet and if I want to watch a movie I ask my brother that has access to 50 mb/s to do it for me because I know it won't affect him at all while if I did it here everyone would be completely screwed.

They think that if they are not going to use the computer they can just start a download and it's fine but there are other people using the same internet. I really hate how people can look into my eyes and lie. They don't care because they hardly ever use the computer but to me it's my life. I want to be able to talk to my friends, I want to have fun with my friends and if I don't have a stable internet connections I'll let people down.

What would they say if I did the same to their world? If there would constantly be a storm making them unable to get to their friends or talk to them on the phone?

you really, really need to stop being so extremely melodramatic. i know it sucks having a crappy connection/not being able to do the things you love for a while, but really. you need to get back in check with reality man, this is such a small issue and you keep throwing around terms like 'destroying my life' or 'making my life not worth living' while calling your sister the person you hate most in life. just think about the stuff you're throwing out here.

that said, if you went and had this conversation right away you would have realised much earlier that it wasn't her. conversation is good.

Deleted
    Well she did download because when I unplugged her cable it was fine again, it's just that she was not the only one downloading. It seems like everyone who doesn't spend most of their time infront of the computer just doesn't care about other people. Sure, I don't trust my sister that much but I actually asked her several times and she said that she wouldn't download. I guess I hate* both of them.

I'll try to stop being melodramatic. Thanks for enlightening me that something was wrong with the way I am.

*Not really HATE. It's more like: Dislike slightly, don't really love, would possibly doubt for a sec if asked for a favour etc.

Dude,

just to tell you, sister is a sister. All things in life go and at the end in your coffin or in bad times what you have at your side is your family, good or bad, it´s family.

Get real evidences and a couple of solutions, talk with your dad and momma, with her too, all together and explain:

"Sister, your downloads, uploads, or any thing you are doing don´t let me use skype or play online, please we can talk about this?"

If her refuses to accept what you talk, get your evidences and show to your dad and momma and ask for a equal and good answer to this.

If your parent´s don´t know what do, get some sheets of a couple of routers wich support QoS in a compreensive form and tell your parents how much it cost and where it sells and explain what you will do, set up the router to EQUALLY divide internet for both of yours and all your problems are solved.

Good Luck in this "quest".

p.s. sorry my poor english.

Deleted
    I really wonder, what in the hell makes you guys say he's from sweden? I don't any post of him mentioning he's from sweden. and he's talking in Euros.

Deleted
    First post, Net At Once Sweden in my picture. I thought it was strange too but then I noticed it aswell.

I used Euros because everyone wouldn't know how much the Swedish Crown is

I've talked to my parents about the internet problems so if the girl in the apartment above me starts downloading too much they will simply tell her that she has to get her own internet. I don't know what to do with my sister, I can't really find out which one of them downloaded the most these past few days but I am able to just charge into her room and completely smash her laptop if she does it again.

So right now I think everything is solved. Thanks for the help People think I'm crazy because I still visit mmo-champion every day even though I quit WoW several months ago but this thread really shows how awesome this community is!
    Last edited by mmocf3e8550591; 2011-07-05 at 09:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Monocerus View Post
    Dude,

just to tell you, sister is a sister. All things in life go and at the end in your coffin or in bad times what you have at your side is your family, good or bad, it´s family.

Get real evidences and a couple of solutions, talk with your dad and momma, with her too, all together and explain:

"Sister, your downloads, uploads, or any thing you are doing don´t let me use skype or play online, please we can talk about this?"

If her refuses to accept what you talk, get your evidences and show to your dad and momma and ask for a equal and good answer to this.

If your parent´s don´t know what do, get some sheets of a couple of routers wich support QoS in a compreensive form and tell your parents how much it cost and where it sells and explain what you will do, set up the router to EQUALLY divide internet for both of yours and all your problems are solved.

Good Luck in this "quest".

p.s. sorry my poor english.

You know, i actually see why you'd say that. "your sister is your sister". I find it funny though, just because you have that relationship with your sister doesn't mean everyone else has. you are seeing things completely from your own perspective. Try to see things from other peoples perspective and you might start typing things a little differently.

15+ Year Old Account
    Had a similar problem at one point, while one computer would steal way too much bandwidth even though it's usage was normal. Replaced router and everything was smooth again. So a possibility of a faulty router is always there. Might also want to tweak it's settings.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I apologize if this has already been mentioned (long thread didn't read everything).... but the OP should be aware that there are ways of restricting bandwidth use in a network sharing the same connection. You do that and no more problems.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure she only takes up all the internet while downloading...and I'd be surprised if she would be downloading all day long.

Also what kind off douche parents do you have? If there was a problem here and I'd talk to my mom/dad (on a normal level) she'd look in to it. Not saying they would be able to fix the problem, but they would atleast try.

Pleased to know all are solved. congratz.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperix View Post
    You know, i actually see why you'd say that. "your sister is your sister". I find it funny though, just because you have that relationship with your sister doesn't mean everyone else has. you are seeing things completely from your own perspective. Try to see things from other peoples perspective and you might start typing things a little differently.
    So, just for your information, I have 3 sisters...

My middle sister don´t talk with me since my dad die, because of family problems, my yougest sister hmm i talk with her, let me see, in the christmas?

My oldest sister I talk with her, 1 or 2 times in a month and she does not talk with my middle sister because other problems.

My youngest sister don´t have a real friendship with any sister or brother. So believe me I know what is have a problematic family.

But, when my son born some days before my dad die and im was without a job and broke, all sisters include the sister wich don´t talk to me, help me with the money to pay medical bills to make my son born.

When the husband of my youngest sister are without job, I talk with a friend what works with some financial shit to give a job to him and he are in this job since this day.

Other day my middle sister ( the one who don´t talk with me) need some law advice I talk with her boyfriend what she have to do to solve a judicial question.

The father of my wife need to make a cirurgy, I asked to my mother to intervene to me and talk with the sister who don´t talk with me and aks her to give some calls to speed up the burocratics to my father in law have the cirurgy.

When the husband of my oldest sister need help to buy and setup a radio studio and some pc hardware, I do it for him and for free.

When my momma need help to pay some bills, all sons give some money to help him.

When my dad die, all brothers and sisters cry together at the side of my dad´s dead body.

So, family is help when is really need, and not go to barbecues smiling and run around with hands together singing a christian holyday song.
    Last edited by Monocerus; 2011-07-05 at 10:35 PM. Reason: bad english

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Monocerus View Post
    Pleased to know all are solved. congratz.

So, just for your information, I have 3 sisters...

My middle sister don´t talk with me since my dad die, because of family problems, my yougest sister hmm i talk with her, let me see, in the christmas?

My oldest sister I talk with her, 1 or 2 times in a month and she does not talk with my middle sister because other problems.

My youngest sister don´t have a real friendship with any sister or brother. So believe me I know what is have a problematic family.

But, when my son born some days before my dad die and im was without a job and broke, all sisters include the sister wich don´t talk to me, help me with the money to pay medical bills to make my son born.

When the husband of my youngest sister are without job, I talk with a friend what works with some financial shit to give a job to him and he are in this job since this day.

Other day my middle sister ( the one who don´t talk with me) need some law advice I talk with her boyfriend what she have to do to solve a judicial question.

The father of my wife need to make a cirurgy, I asked to my mother to intervene to me and talk with the sister who don´t talk with me and aks her to give some calls to speed up the burocratics to my father in law have the cirurgy.

When the husband of my oldest sister need help to buy and setup a radio studio and some pc hardware, I do it for him and for free.

When my momma need help to pay some bills, all sons give some money to help him.

When my dad die, all brothers and sisters cry together at the side of my dad´s dead body.

So, family is help when is really need, and not go to barbecues smiling and run around with hands together singing a christian holyday song.
    I don't really know what's going on in this thread right now but reading the quote and your post only confused me more. That's still how things went for you and you see things like that because of how you experienced it but what Hyperix tried to say is that things are not always the same. People can have different relationships with their family so you can't expect to know everything. I'm still a bit confused though

10+ Year Old Account
    Kill her

No but seriously, if its her Internet then there's technically nothing you can do about it other then ask politely if you guys can figure out a way to fix the problem together. She might not even realize she's doing it.
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

Deleted
    well, is she hot?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharlok View Post
    well, is she hot?
    Did you even read this thread?

As answered before, yes, she's quite hot. Too bad she already has a boyfriend but with my looks I wouldn't even stand a chance so it doesn't really matter.