Deleted

Lord Rhyolith (25 men) stacking debuff issue

Hi,
    We're having issue with the stacking fire debuff in the Rhyolith's 25 men normal mode.
    After about 3m30 of fight, we're constantly dying from stacking fire debuffs on some unlucky raid members, or on the tank of the sparks... At that point the boss is usually in the 70%'s range, with 10-20% of armor remaining. Are we just not driving him to step on enough volcano or any other thing we could be doing wrong? Or is it just freakishly bad RNG (don't believe it)?

I can't post a log so far as I just subscribed.

Thanks for any advice

Deleted
    Just aim for the active volcanos, consider using a range as driver due to abit clearer visibility if you get 2 active volcanoes up at the same time use a raid cd, if you get 3 up you're in trouble. If needed turn your range to help for 5 second or so.

Deleted
    Ok, thanks, we'll try to aim for the active volcanos instead of just making the boss step on the closest / easiest.

I'll take the opportunity to point out that we had the same issue in 10man, he especially had a inclination to form volcanoes right behind him, then active them at high armor levels, and by the time we actually turned his ass around and got near it we had a 15 stack of the debuff and it was purely unhealable.

This was 10man, however, but I'm sure the encounter doesn't vary so much that's its irrelevant. The way we approached it was having 2 melee steer, and 3 ranged do adds/help with legs. Their attack priority was Fragments > Legs (in needed) > Sparks. Since Sparks are only doing anything to one of the tanks, we didn't see a high priority on it. And like Resania said, aim for the Active volcanoes, not only does it reset the debuff, but you will also remove the armor stacks faster that way (1 active volcano = 10% armor, 3 inactive = 10% armor IIRC) and thus shorten the fight. Once you get the active volcanoes down, make sure you're topped off before 25% boss HP, as he will Stomp early into phase 2 and do a huge amount of damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vhaman View Post
    And like Resania said, aim for the Active volcanoes, not only does it reset the debuff, but you will also remove the armor stacks faster that way (1 active volcano = 10% armor, 3 inactive = 10% armor IIRC) and thus shorten the fight.
    Quoted for other people, if true, it's extremely useful to know, and I didn't see this information anywhere, or I missed it. I'll try to confirm asap (about tonight, EU time).

Thanks for your answer as well.