Thread: tanking UI

10+ Year Old Account

tanking UI

so i've been looking to do a major overhaul of my UI from the ground up and wanna get an idea of tank specific UI's or anyone for that matter witha full list of addons just wanna see whats out there

ElvUI is a pretty good box addon,full of stuff tanks need. Use skada for a dps/threat meter and use bartender with ElvUI,just cause the interface Elv uses is just to short for most tanking classes in terms of length for abilties.

Be sure to add http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...dy-plates.aspx with the threat options enabled, very very useful when tanking, just mouseover the units to update your threat lead to find out which mobs are close to losing aggro.

10+ Year Old Account
    As Wokopoly said, ElvUI is magnificent. The best and simplest thing it has is where you keybind a roulette of sorts with all the raid markers. You can raid mark on the fly while still running and it's quite helpful for that random heroic. ElvUI also has some threat plates to it, it's green if you have aggro, red if you don't, so tidyplates wouldn't be neccesary. All in all it's very organized and very helpful, so I would definitely reccomend ElvUI for tank/dps needs.

Deleted
    ElvUI is god for tanks, It has everything you need and looks damn cool too. I find it less-than-optimal for dps toons though.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatgrinder View Post
    ElvUI is god for tanks, It has everything you need and looks damn cool too. I find it less-than-optimal for dps toons though.
    On what basis? I tank, dps, and heal with it. Albeit with different setups