Deleted

Harddrive space out of hand?

My wow folder is 33.2gb
    my addons only take up 50mb...
    is this normal?

Deleted
    Yeah it is. The longer you have it installed on your PC the bigger it is, this is due to the patches. If you do a fresh install it would be a decent bit smaller.

Need to clean out the updates folder I think.

But one of the reasons for the reskinning of models is an attempt to keep the size of WoW down, it has gotten rather large.

Considering that for less than $80 I can pick up a 1TB harddrive, which has the space to install WoW about 30 times over, I would say its not all that bad. Especially given how much content has been added since launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    Considering that for less than $80 I can pick up a 1TB harddrive, which has the space to install WoW about 30 times over, I would say its not all that bad. Especially given how much content has been added since launch.
    Just because you have space to waste doesn't mean you shouldn't care about data management.

Quote Originally Posted by Everoth View Post
    Yeah it is. The longer you have it installed on your PC the bigger it is, this is due to the patches. If you do a fresh install it would be a decent bit smaller.

Until you try to play and need to download all those patches again.
    I have a 60g SSD, and as of last patch, it will not hold W7 and WoW. They are both around 30g.
    As for the OP, yes this is a huge game, but on the other hand, it is a huge game for a huge amount of people.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP, you can delete all of the old patch files from your wow folder. I deleted all of the patch files for prior to 4.0. If you need to reinstall, you don't need the old patch files, as you can download the current client from Blizzard.

---------- Post added 2011-07-05 at 12:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Miralore View Post
    I have a 60g SSD, and as of last patch, it will not hold W7 and WoW. They are both around 30g.
    As for the OP, yes this is a huge game, but on the other hand, it is a huge game for a huge amount of people.
    You don't need the old patch files. Unless, I guess, if you have to reinstall from the original media, but why do that?
    I'm a crazy taco.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Miralore View Post
    This is what I'm worried about. Luckily I have a 120gb SSD so I have enough room for it & a few other programs... But it's getting close to full with only WoW, Win7, & Adobe Master Collection.

Deleted
    Smallest I can get it to without deleting cache files it will just create again and having 98MB of addons and 31MB of screenshots is 26.5GB

Folders you can safely empty out :
    - errors
    - logs
    - updates

And as mentioned before the patch files in the main WoW folder. There should only be one patch file in there called patch.html, anything else with patch in it can be deleted.

Rest...I'm not sure of.

Quote Originally Posted by tacoloco View Post
    OP, you can delete all of the old patch files from your wow folder. I deleted all of the patch files for prior to 4.0. If you need to reinstall, you don't need the old patch files, as you can download the current client from Blizzard.

---------- Post added 2011-07-05 at 12:35 PM ----------

You don't need the old patch files. Unless, I guess, if you have to reinstall from the original media, but why do that?
    Never gotten a good copy of the current client from Blizzard. Tried on 3 diferent occasions, and had corruption in all of them. Disc and patch by patch is the best way to ensure your game will run.

Or at least the easiest way to track down a problem with a specific patch showing up corrupt. But, hey to each his own

10+ Year Old Account
    As many have already said you can clear out the patch files. Each patch that comes out the patcher literally just downloads a .exe file and then launches it. If you look in the WorldofWarcraft folder you will find tons of the patch files just remove them. They are mainly there for you to seed for other players that need to download those patches.

10+ Year Old Account
    go to World of Warcraft-->Data --> Cache. You'll find its probably around 10-15 GB. Delete it all. It won't stay gone forever, but it does grow past 5 GB very fast.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650